ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
keg in kc 12:08 PM 05-17-2017
Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
[Reply]
Pants 08:43 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Holy **** Cavill looks like he nailed it. Voice and everything. Still not feeling the actress playing Yen though. I feel like she's just never going to live up to my expectations for an on-screen Yen.

But the trailer looks bananas. They definitely did this right.
I felt like Cavill had too much emotion and not enough pragmatism.

Granted, I never read the books, but in the games, Geralt felt to me like an utter pragmatic with like a pinch of pessimism and a dash of fatalism mixed into his dry and sarcastic approach to life.

Maybe the games take place after the show's events and he's just a jaded, older self at that point? IDK.
[Reply]
MelGrif 08:32 AM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Fantastic games as well.
I really liked The Witcher 3!
[Reply]
MelGrif 05:11 AM 11-11-2019
By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:38 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, she's way not hot enough, although she looks better in this last one.

Of course, I haven't ever read the books, so my image of Yen is 100% the smoking hot fantasy goddess from the game.

Even though I always pick Triss. :-)
Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:40 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MelGrif:
By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?
December 20.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:10 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?
Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake. :-)
[Reply]
MelGrif 10:23 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
December 20.
Thanks!
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:58 PM 11-13-2019
Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:26 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.
A month+ before release? That's....optimistic.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
A month+ before release? That's....optimistic.
I assume feedback from the trailers has been very positive, and assuaged most of the misgivings of both the book readers and the game players.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:01 AM 11-14-2019
Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake. :-)
First play through of W3:WH I chose
Spoiler!

Second play through as much as I wanted to choose Tris for the same reasons you did I just had a thing for Yen no matter what kind of bitchy attitude or abusive relationship she brought to the table :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:07 AM 11-14-2019
First play through of W3:WH I chose
Spoiler!

Second play through as much as I wanted to choose Tris for the same reasons you did I just had a thing for Yen no matter what kind of bitchy attitude or abusive relationship she brought to the table :-)
Yeah, that romance going to shit part is brutal (game is five years old now, so spoilers aren't really necessary at this point).

There was an old game called Jade Empire where you could actually pull off the threesome with your love interests if you handled the dialogue just right, and it looked like that would happen here. NOT! :-)
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 02:42 PM 11-14-2019
Yeah, that romance going to shit part is brutal (game is five years old now, so spoilers aren't really necessary at this point).

There was an old game called Jade Empire where you could actually pull off the threesome with your love interests if you handled the dialogue just right, and it looked like that would happen here. NOT! :-)
I still see folks getting in to it because of the Switch port and I'm guessing we'll have folks on CP jump into the game after seeing the series on Netflix so I was trying not to be a dick and ruin the surprise. :-)

Vidja game 3-some you say? You've piqued my interest, :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:51 PM 11-14-2019
I still see folks getting in to it because of the Switch port and I'm guessing we'll have folks on CP jump into the game after seeing the series on Netflix so I was trying not to be a dick and ruin the surprise. :-)

Vidja game 3-some you say? You've piqued my interest, :-)
It's a really old game - similar in style and feel to the original 2003 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, only set in mythical ancient China. It was a lot of fun, but so old that it probably won't play on a modern OS.

Didn't show anything, either. Just implied it. But still, it was entertaining.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:47 PM 11-18-2019
It's a really old game - similar in style and feel to the original 2003 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, only set in mythical ancient China. It was a lot of fun, but so old that it probably won't play on a modern OS.

Didn't show anything, either. Just implied it. But still, it was entertaining.
It just got ported to Switch a month ago. I'm actually stoked so I can play it again when I'm traveling.

I was envisioning a Leisure Suit Larry-esque 3way ::-):
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up