ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 172
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:37 PM 04-10-2017
I love this show for two reasons. It's a fantastic show, and it signals the end of my wife's constant Sunday blathering about the goddamn walking dead.
[Reply]
notorious 06:09 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I love this show for two reasons. It's a fantastic show, and it signals the end of my wife's constant Sunday blathering about the goddamn walking dead.
Walking Dead writing is complete garbage compared to Vince Gilligan's work. Tell her to go make you a sammich.
[Reply]
notorious 08:20 PM 04-10-2017
20 minutes in. How quickly I am reminded how great this show is.
[Reply]
notorious 09:10 PM 04-10-2017
Gus is back next week!!!!

I am really pissed that a BAMF like Mike got killed by Walt. Fuck you Walt.
[Reply]
TLO 09:19 PM 04-10-2017
I'd watch an entire series based upon Mike's life.
[Reply]
notorious 09:21 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
I'd watch an entire series based upon Mike's life.
Mike had hardly any dialogue this episode, but was extremely interesting.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:38 PM 04-10-2017
I didn't rewatch last seasons finale and found myself completely lost. Who was Mike hunting and who had him doing it before his horn was set off?
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 09:44 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Gus is back next week!!!!

I am really pissed that a BAMF like Mike got killed by Walt. **** you Walt.
I know. I rewatched that episode a few weeks ago and I started hating Walt all over again.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:13 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I didn't rewatch last seasons finale and found myself completely lost. Who was Mike hunting and who had him doing it before his horn was set off?
Hector and Nacho

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1551...ne-stopped-him
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 11:14 PM 04-10-2017
Was waiting all night in my hotel to watch this and the last ten minutes were cut off because lost signal in a storm. Did I miss anything massive? Last I saw, the blonde chick was going over something about a PowerPoint with some other broad.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:16 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Was waiting all night in my hotel to watch this and the last ten minutes were cut off because lost signal in a storm. Did I miss anything massive? Last I saw, the blonde chick was going over something about a PowerPoint with some other broad.
Yes
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:59 AM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
you missed the biggest reveal to date bro, i won't spoil it for you :-)
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 08:01 AM 04-11-2017
Well shit
[Reply]
frankotank 08:12 AM 04-11-2017
Royals lunch box :-)

no idea if we're supposed so spoiler. I'd think not. if you haven't seen it you shouldn't be in here....right?

I'll spoil until I get confirmation...
trying to remember exactly why Mike is trying to kill Hector

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:49 AM 04-11-2017
I like The Americans a lot, but when the credits roll, I just kind of relax and say "okay, finally...glad we got here" and go about my night.

When the credits roll for Saul, I look at the clock and say "shit, it's been an hour already? I have to wait another week?!"

For all the grief that Saul gets for being 'slow', I've always found the pacing pretty outstanding. Sure, the story doesn't fly forward but even the scenes where not much is happening (Kim deleting a semi-colon over and over again; Mike eating pistachios and staring out a window) are imbued with enough tension that they fly past.

It's a damn good show.

Oh, and time to assume my role as the sole member of #teamchuck. Dude's smart, dude's pissed. He's gonna fuck some things up and frankly he has ample cause to do so.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 172
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up