ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 172
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:34 PM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right. It was nice juxtaposition to see Chuck being an outstanding brother with Jimmy delivering that heartfelt speech and turning it around as an obvious con. Pretty much took all doubt that Jimmy is no good guy.

Great writing.
this season up to now was very meh. Didn’t suck but no “wow” episodes. This was by far the best show of the season. One that totally lived up to the potential of great TV. Well done.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:52 PM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
That cinematography of the gunshot scene blew me away.

No pun intended.
That shot was fucking incredible (also no pun)
[Reply]
lcarus 10:15 AM 10-11-2018
Can someone explain to me why Werner was all nervous and shaking when he was down checking the wires for that explosive? Did he think they were gonna kill him right then and there for running his mouth to those strangers at the bar? Was he nervous because he knew he was gonna try to escape and meet up with his wife? I might have missed something but I didn't fully understand that scene.

Also why was he stupid enough to run like he did? He obviously knew at that point he was working for dangerous people who wouldn't tolerate it, and the work was close enough to being done. I understand his whole character existed so Ehrmantraut could have his "broke bad" moment but his actions and motives weren't 100% clear to me.
[Reply]
sedated 10:25 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Can someone explain to me why Werner was all nervous and shaking when he was down checking the wires for that explosive? Did he think they were gonna kill him right then and there for running his mouth to those strangers at the bar? Was he nervous because he knew he was gonna try to escape and meet up with his wife? I might have missed something but I didn't fully understand that scene.
There could be other interpretations, but he was freaking out because it was just dangerous to mess with the wires that close to an armed explosive. That freak out led him to miss his wife and want to see her.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:

Also why was he stupid enough to run like he did? He obviously knew at that point he was working for dangerous people who wouldn't tolerate it, and the work was close enough to being done. I understand his whole character existed so Ehrmantraut could have his "broke bad" moment but his actions and motives weren't 100% clear to me.
I felt like it was just a moment where life caught up to him quickly. He could go do that wire work 100 times and 99 times it would never make him blink. But he's been away from home for a long time, he knows there are a lot of explosives buried in that rock and he got himself into his own head.

It's like being a kid and never really being scared of the dark. And then one time you just convince yourself there's a ghost or something and you just freak yourself right the hell out. It's not a permanent change in the status quo and you're probably going to be embarrassed by your momentary panic, but it happens on occasion.

I think Werner's 'pep talk' to himself immediately afterwards where he was just trying to get his nerves back in order was out of shame as much as anything and also made him realize that he was just a little frayed and needed a minute away. As for why he left - well the freakout was a little irrational, as was the decision to try to escape. He was simply overwhelmed by the project and wasn't thinking as clearly as he could have been.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:28 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I felt like it was just a moment where life caught up to him quickly. He could go do that wire work 100 times and 99 times it would never make him blink. But he's been away from home for a long time, he knows there are a lot of explosives buried in that rock and he got himself into his own head.

It's like being a kid and never really being scared of the dark. And then one time you just convince yourself there's a ghost or something and you just freak yourself right the hell out. It's not a permanent change in the status quo and you're probably going to be embarrassed by your momentary panic, but it happens on occasion.

I think Werner's 'pep talk' to himself immediately afterwards where he was just trying to get his nerves back in order was out of shame as much as anything and also made him realize that he was just a little frayed and needed a minute away. As for why he left - well the freakout was a little irrational, as was the decision to try to escape. He was simply overwhelmed by the project and wasn't thinking as clearly as he could have been.
Don’t forget they were behind schedule. For which Mike was saying it was fine, but I think the moment finally caught up with him.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:43 PM 10-11-2018

[Reply]
notorious 01:59 PM 10-11-2018
Love this show.

Werner took it like a man.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:11 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Don’t forget they were behind schedule. For which Mike was saying it was fine, but I think the moment finally caught up with him.
There's also the fact that there's little on earth more stressful than diagnosing improperly wired explosives. It's the literal inversion of the ticking bomb 'red wire, green wire' situation.

Preparing explosives is one thing, you follow a protocol and rely on it for safety.

Diagnosing an error is another thing altogether. Rationally, you may know that the primer is disabled while you are rummaging around, but you enter the situation knowing someone already fucked up.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:22 PM 10-11-2018
Kim's gonna dump Jimmy like a sack of potatoes now.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06:08 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
will she even be in season 5? I get that she's a good actor and the character is well-received, but she should be done, IMO.
[Reply]
notorious 08:36 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There's also the fact that there's little on earth more stressful than diagnosing improperly wired explosives. It's the literal inversion of the ticking bomb 'red wire, green wire' situation.

Preparing explosives is one thing, you follow a protocol and rely on it for safety.

Diagnosing an error is another thing altogether. Rationally, you may know that the primer is disabled while you are rummaging around, but you enter the situation knowing someone already ****ed up.
Yep, his family is on his mind and he doesn’t want to die.
[Reply]
notorious 08:37 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
No doubt.

She was fooled by his lies, and there will be no way to trust him from here on out.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:39 PM 10-11-2018
So we can expect the next season in 2021 or 2022?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:03 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So we can expect the next season in 2021 or 2022?
At the end of the 'Better Call Saul Insider' podcast, they joked 'well, that's a wrap. See you all again in 2024!!'
[Reply]
Page 120 of 172
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170 > Last »
Up