ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 172
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm not sure where that rumor originated but renewing BCS for Season 4 was a difficult decision for AMC because ratings slipped this year.

If it's flat or slips in Season 4, I think they call it a wrap.
Maybe they'll do that split-season thing they're so fond of. That way they can take its temperature and if it's not getting the traction they need, they can wrap it up over the end of the year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:23 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Maybe they'll do that split-season thing they're so fond of. That way they can take its temperature and if it's not getting the traction they need, they can wrap it up over the end of the year.
I'm sure that's a possibility.

But I can't understand why the show has slipped in the ratings. It may be due to cord cutting but AMC recently added their app to Roku and Season 2 to Netflix.

Hopefully, the ratings will increase next year, as Season 3 was phenomenal.

I think it's also possible that if the ratings do slip but the content is still amazing, another network or streaming service will step in and save the show.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:38 PM 06-27-2017

But I can't understand why the show has slipped in the ratings. It may be due to cord cutting but AMC recently added their app to Roku and Season 2 to Netflix.

I think it's also possible that if the ratings do slip but the content is still amazing, another network or streaming service will step in and save the show.
Yeah, they can't leave a property like that flapping in the breeze, not after the good will built up from BB.

If they need to kill it, they'll figure out a way to give it a proper resolution.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:48 PM 06-27-2017

I read a lot of complaints about how slow it it. People just have attention deficit disorder now.
[Reply]
eDave 02:53 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I read a lot of complaints about how slow it it. People just have attention deficit disorder now.
Yup. Same thing is happening with TWD. Less gory Walker kills means boring to many. And it's a shame as TWD was never really about the Walkers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:19 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yup. Same thing is happening with TWD. Less gory Walker kills means boring to many. And it's a shame as TWD was never really about the Walkers.
Walkers were barely even a plot piece.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 04:32 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by :
AMC notes that Better Call Saul finished Season 3 as the third-highest-rated drama on cable among adults 25-54. The season averaged 3.6 million viewers per episode, including 2 million adults 25-54 in Nielsen Live+3 ratings.
That sounds pretty good. Anyone know what it was averaging the first 2 seasons? Definitely my favorite show on TV.
[Reply]
notorious 04:53 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Dumb fucks.

Good luck finding a show this good. Of course, the people that don't like it are probably Tardashian fans.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:01 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Dumb fucks.

Good luck finding a show this good. Of course, the people that don't like it are probably Tardashian fans.
This.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 06-27-2017
Dumb fucks.

Well, in all fairness, the show is slow.

IMO, this program and BB are more enjoyable when binge watching. I'll often miss a Monday here and there in order to watch a couple of episodes simultaneously. That doesn't take away from the quality of the show but it's more "fun", for me, anyway.

Mad Men, which I absolutely loved, was the same way for me.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:57 PM 06-27-2017
http://deadline.com/2017/06/better-c...an-1202120837/

Officially Renewed For Season 4
Was this even in doubt?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:59 PM 06-27-2017
I'm not sure where that rumor originated but renewing BCS for Season 4 was a difficult decision for AMC because ratings slipped this year.

If it's flat or slips in Season 4, I think they call it a wrap.
Really...

They stuck with BB and ended up with major payoff.

BCS should only be revving up to get better and more juicy
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:02 PM 06-27-2017

Their Roku app sucks.

1. Previous episodes available for less than a month.

2. The stream screws up constantly. Will freeze, then speed play and jump about 10 minutes ahead. Or, freeze and require the Roku to be restarted.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:04 PM 06-27-2017
Dumb fucks.

It's pretty obvious, imo, FX has been ahead of the rest of the cable lineups - & by a wide margin.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:06 PM 06-27-2017
Well, in all fairness, the show is slow.

IMO, this program and BB are more enjoyable when binge watching. I'll often miss a Monday here and there in order to watch a couple of episodes simultaneously. That doesn't take away from the quality of the show but it's more "fun", for me, anyway.

Mad Men, which I absolutely loved, was the same way for me.
This is true. I purposely held off watching until after episode 7 to be able to watch it in blocks.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 172
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up