ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 26
« First < 162223242526
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
Frazod 03:25 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm glad the Astros weren't as overtly cheating when they met the Royals in the playoffs. On a similar note, I can't imagine being an opposing player/pitcher and getting ****ed like that. I'm guessing some guys had their careers altered (to some degree) due to this garbage.

Fortunately, the Royals were back to stinking by the time this happened.
The Asstros should be stripped of their title. They're the Lance Armstrong of baseball, and should be dealt with accordingly.
[Reply]
TEX 03:28 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The Asstros should be stripped of their title. They're the Lance Armstrong of baseball, and should be dealt with accordingly.
Agreed. Along with Boston and New York.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:32 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Agreed. Along with Boston and New York.
While I agree in principal, I don't recall them doing anything that brazen and obvious, and getting so thoroughly busted for it.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:42 PM 05-26-2021
Stop. Just stop. Who gives a fuck if they cheated or not.

News flash for the less obvious. Cheating in sports has been going on forever. The players we watched growing up were cheaters as were the players they watched and so and so on.

I don't give a damn if they use/used steroids either. Who fucking cares. Sit down. Drink your beer, shove a glizzy in your mouth and shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 26
« First < 162223242526
Up