ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Valheim
keg in kc 12:39 PM 02-07-2021
The big new thing on Steam right now. Early access Viking survival RPG that is only $19.99 (!!!). I watched a number of hours of different guys streaming it yesterday, and I'm tempted to get it even though my PC is complete shit. If it ever comes to console, I'm all over it...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/892970/Valheim/

[Reply]
hometeam 07:04 PM 02-07-2021
me and some buddies have been playing a ton but still feels like a ton more left to do.

pretty cool game, well worth 20 bucks
[Reply]
unlurking 12:37 PM 02-08-2021
Looks fun. Amon Amarth in the game too or just one of the trailers? :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:30 PM 02-08-2021
I bought.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:39 PM 02-08-2021
Bought it after our ummm ya yesterday and stayed up way too long playing it with a buddy. These dudes are gonna be rich haha!

Warning! Once you start playing it you won't be able to stop! :-)
[Reply]
unlurking 08:38 PM 02-08-2021
Anyone else have problems with the workbench not working?

EDIT: I ended up having to extend the side walls and roof, up and out one additional wall length. Easily spent 2+ hours rebuilding and testing on two different world instances trying to troubleshoot. May be a Linux specific issue.
Attached: too-exposed2.jpg (33.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:12 PM 02-08-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Anyone else have problems with the workbench not working?
I have yet to encounter a single bug which is quite surprising for an Early Access title.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:39 AM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I have yet to encounter a single bug which is quite surprising for an Early Access title.
Now that I can build a workbench (albeit extra effort) I'm finding it pretty enjoyable. Basically building and running around exploring so far, have not yet gone after the first foresaken. Been killed by trees twice. lol
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:54 AM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Now that I can build a workbench (albeit extra effort) I'm finding it pretty enjoyable. Basically building and running around exploring so far, have not yet gone after the first foresaken. Been killed by trees twice. lol
I've been playing real slow and cautious. Spent several hours building a shack and and exploring the meadows area around me, finding the edges of the black forest region. Made leather armor and upgraded all the gear I could to tier 3. Tried the first forsaken last night before bed and he was a piece of cake. Swam across the river in front of my house and found more meadows so I'm going to explore that and then figure out where I want to build my initial black forest expedition camp.

This may be the best $20 I've ever spent on a game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:48 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I've been playing real slow and cautious. Spent several hours building a shack and and exploring the meadows area around me, finding the edges of the black forest region. Made leather armor and upgraded all the gear I could to tier 3. Tried the first forsaken last night before bed and he was a piece of cake. Swam across the river in front of my house and found more meadows so I'm going to explore that and then figure out where I want to build my initial black forest expedition camp.

This may be the best $20 I've ever spent on a game.
I'm still hooked and can't wait to play more, Dang their goes more of my life lol.

Actually i'm doing the opposite i'm spreading out making little outposts everywhere because honestly death is just part of the game. Tons of content thus far and the map is GIGANTIC so I hope it continues to hold my attention.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:40 PM 02-09-2021
Death isn't a part of my game. Haven't come close to dying yet.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:42 PM 02-09-2021
My first little shack at the start of the game.
Attached: ScreenShot056.jpg (92.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:46 PM 02-09-2021
What's so great about this game? It looks like basic bitch survival game number 999876. What am I missing?
[Reply]
alanm 04:50 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
What's so great about this game? It looks like basic bitch survival game number 999876. What am I missing?
Vikings Man!!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:30 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Very polished, has bosses and you level up. Huge procedurally generated world and to be honest look at its competition everything but this sucks right now. It reminds me of a ps2 graphics version of minecraft with some badass lighting and really high frame rates.

To sum it up nothing groundbreaking, just incorporates a lot of other games good ideas into one package and gives you that feeling of NOT wanting to put it down.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up