ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Which streaming services or apps do you subscribe to?
Deberg_1990 03:25 PM 05-02-2020
Its getting hard to keep up now....

Peacock and HBOMax soon!

Netflix
HBO Go
Hulu
Amazon Prime
Disney+
CBS All Access
Sling TV
Fubo TV
Crackle
Pluto TV
Quibi

and about a million more.....
[Reply]
JD10367 04:26 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yea, I griped about Max earlier. Hell most just seem like overlap anymore. I have On Demand as part of Cox and everything free there is also on Netflix. My standard cable bill is at $227 for pretty basic. It's ridiculous.
Cox sucks balls. I had it and it kept getting more and more. For the triple combo (TV, Internet, Phone) they were up to over $250; I dropped them for Fios and got more stuff for about $200 (which is STILL a ripoff, but less of one).
[Reply]
JD10367 04:28 PM 08-02-2020
We have Amazon Prime, Disney+, and HallmarkNow. I had NetFlix years ago when they were doing mail-out DVDs and their online catalog was small, so I dropped it, but I'll probably pick it up again soon.

Honestly, the BEST thing I have is Roku. Especially the Search feature. If something is out there, it returns the info as to which service has it, and a lot of it is available on free streaming channels. You might have to sit through the streaming channel's repetitive ads but it's worth it to see something for free.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:40 PM 08-02-2020
We get Peacock free as we are a Comcast customer...... (more on that later)

Stream:

Netflix
Disney+

Now..as for Comcast Cable

I have been doing all the reading/research on how to cut my Cable bill since I essentially pay for more channels that I don't care to watch (yes, I am talking about you MTV/VH1, Lifetime/LMN, Freeform, TLC, and all the other wasted channels).

I am fine with Comcast's broadband service, just can't stand the fact that if I commit to their contract to get a lower price on the cable package, I can bet with all certainty that at least 2 of the channels I do enjoy watching will disappear 3 months into my new contact.

What I would love to find out is which of the services like YouTube TV, Hulu TV, Philo TV, Orby TV or any of the others is the best.

Actually if we could just get the Digital Antenna to pick up the local channels better we would ditch Comcast cable and stream everything. (Wife loves regular TV and the local news)

Any expert advice?

Also...Mecca, what is the Comcast Flex box?
[Reply]
Frazod 07:40 PM 08-02-2020
Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube Premium. There isn't much original content on YouTube, but for $10 a month I don't have to watch commercials in videos, and its worth every cent.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:20 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Explain? How do you get Hulu free from Sprint?
When we got new phones-Dec. We got it free. You should call and find out. May be different now with Tmobile.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:30 PM 08-02-2020
The $10 or whatever it is for ad free you tube is worth it to me. That is my main source of music.

Amazon prime and Youtube TV. When YTTV came out at $35 with all the ESPN channels (ESPN+) didn't exist yet, it was great. They have added a bunch of crap I never watch and jacked up the price. I keep eyeing sling. Maybe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 08-03-2020
We have Netflix which is the only exclusively streaming service we pay for. I guess you could count Hulu but more on that in a bit.

We have Prime because we are a prime member (we send and receive thousands of packages through Amazon), probably wouldn't have it otherwise.

We had Hulu for a long time but got a free 6-month sub to Hulu / ESPN+ / Disney+ so we switched over our Hulu account the bundle. We haven't paid for it yet but will probably end up only keeping Hulu. Disney+ is alright but our kids are teenagers, they don't watch it and neither do we.

I have Apple TV+ but I have year free sub because I buy a new iDevice every 18 months or so. Probably won't renew it but haven't really thought about it either because I have like 7 months left.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:09 PM 08-03-2020
Netflix
Hulu
Amazon
Spotify
Apple Music
SoundCloud
Sirius XM
HBO Max (going to cancel it soon if they don't get better)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:45 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
We get Peacock free as we are a Comcast customer...... (more on that later)

Stream:

Netflix
Disney+

Now..as for Comcast Cable

I have been doing all the reading/research on how to cut my Cable bill since I essentially pay for more channels that I don't care to watch (yes, I am talking about you MTV/VH1, Lifetime/LMN, Freeform, TLC, and all the other wasted channels).

I am fine with Comcast's broadband service, just can't stand the fact that if I commit to their contract to get a lower price on the cable package, I can bet with all certainty that at least 2 of the channels I do enjoy watching will disappear 3 months into my new contact.

What I would love to find out is which of the services like YouTube TV, Hulu TV, Philo TV, Orby TV or any of the others is the best.

Actually if we could just get the Digital Antenna to pick up the local channels better we would ditch Comcast cable and stream everything. (Wife loves regular TV and the local news)

Any expert advice?

Also...Mecca, what is the Comcast Flex box?
I only have internet from Comcast, if you are a net only subscriber they'll offer you a flex box for free, it's like a shitty roku.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:48 PM 08-03-2020
Netflix
Amazon Prime ( never really use it , need to use it more for sure)
HBO
Tempted to get Hulu because of that show called Devs It looks really good and I'm a fan of the show creator (Alex Garland who directed Ex Machina & Annhilation )
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:23 PM 10-30-2020
Peacock says “we’re not Quibi”

Also cancels ‘Brave New World’

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-says-nbcu-ceo

NBCUniversal streaming service Peacock has reached more than 22 million sign-ups and is the "opposite of Quibi” because of its broad-based offering of familiar content, NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell said on Thursday.

Short-form mobile-first service Quibi, led by Jefffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman, recently said it was closing down.

Speaking on Comcast’s third-quarter earnings call, he cited such hit shows as dramas from Dick Wolf and others, which ensure a "deep library of familiar stuff."

Shell said the streamer was "way ahead” in terms of sign-ups, regular usage and engagement compared with internal forecasts.

Comcast, led by chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, had said at the end of July said that Peacock had reached 10 million sign-ups, with Roberts saying back then that the streamer's early momentum "exceeded our high expectations."

NBCU has said it hopes Peacock will attract 30 million to 35 million monthly active accounts by 2024. Management previously mentioned that in Comcast's broadband-only homes Peacock is already the no. 2 app behind Netflix, while in homes with the Xfinity X1 TV service platform it is no. 3 behind Netflix and YouTube, but "closing in" on the second spot.

NBCU recently rejigged and streamlined key parts of its operations to cut costs and update structures for the digital age. For example, a recently launched TV and Streaming unit, which combined those businesses under Mark Lazarus, unveiled a restructuring designed to shift resources and investment from linear to streaming. Roberts said recently that with the new structure, the company can more flexibly decide where content it produces should go. "Sometimes we are going to put it on cable and Peacock, or just Peacock" – all dependent on the content, he said.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 10-30-2020
The stuff I want to watch on Peacock has extremely limited episodes. It sucks.
[Reply]
Kopinto 01:13 PM 10-30-2020
Youtube Premium and Spotify.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:59 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Kopinto:
Youtube Premium and Spotify.
What do you like about YT Premium?
[Reply]
eDave 01:08 AM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What do you like about YT Premium?