ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 286
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:34 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've never hated something I respected so much in my life outside maybe Elway.

It was committed and well executed, but it was . . . too, . . . too dark, too unrelenting, too unflinching.

People left that theatre hating humanity in general for a little while, it truly was analogous to slogging out of Arrowhead after a playoff loss.

My God, when he pissed on her Viking Stove. . .

Actually a pretty apt movie for our current times. Certainly have similar notions about my relationship to some citizens.
fun fact about "War of the Roses":

Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:01 PM 03-02-2021
I'm just waiting for Top Gun 2 to come out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:07 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its not really new, but I'm halfway through No Escape with Owen Wilson and just had to brag on it, this flic didn't get NEARLY enough acclaim... this thing is a nonstop pulsepounder

If you have On Demand, you can check it out right now on the USA channel... when critics say "edge of your seat" this is what they mean
Holy balls.

I have a 7 year old girl and a 3 year old boy and I love my wife as much as either one of them. I assure you we aren't good for that.

I couldn't watch it all at once. I needed a break.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:30 PM 03-20-2021
Leprechaun Returns was a huge piece of shit.. and that's coming from a big fan of those shitty old Leprechaun flicks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:37 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy balls.

I have a 7 year old girl and a 3 year old boy and I love my wife as much as either one of them. I assure you we aren't good for that.

I couldn't watch it all at once. I needed a break.
Right? the pacing is absolutely relentless, its a genuine hidden gem
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:46 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Leprechaun Returns was a huge piece of shit.. and that's coming from a big fan of those shitty old Leprechaun flicks.
Can confirm
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:17 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its not really new, but I'm halfway through No Escape with Owen Wilson and just had to brag on it, this flic didn't get NEARLY enough acclaim... this thing is a nonstop pulsepounder

If you have On Demand, you can check it out right now on the USA channel... when critics say "edge of your seat" this is what they mean
Nice rec. Quality entertainment on a Saturday afternoon

Lake Bell is a total butterface but is STACKED
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:27 AM 03-21-2021
Watched a couple new ones on Shudder the last couple days.

Koko-di, Koko-da

Artsy Swedish fantasy/horror film about a couple who lose a child then relive the horror over and over again. There's some really horrific moments like a pit bull being released inside a camping tent then zipping it back up while the couple sleeps but overall its a little too dramatic violin playing artsy for my taste. I'm sure there's some underlying messages here that I didn't care to pick up on that some may appreciate.

Slaxx

Complete over-the-top ridiculousness about a pair of jeans that goes around killing people in a high end clothing store. Kind of reminded me of a much dumber Little Shop of Horrors. More groans than haha moments.

Honestly can't recommend either one of these but YMMV
[Reply]
Stryker 08:20 PM 03-26-2021
SAS: Red Notice

Excellent movie! Must watch.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:08 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
SAS: Red Notice

Excellent movie! Must watch.
What did you watch it on?
[Reply]
Stryker 06:13 PM 03-27-2021
What did you watch it on?

https://afdah.info/
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:40 PM 03-27-2021
So I watched "Chef" on Netflix.

I hadn't heard of it before, but saw something about it on YouTube and I like Favreau, so WTF, let's go.

So it's pretty deep in the culinary jargon, but it doesn't make it the movie. I knew what most of it was, so it wasn't an impediment to me, but it could be for others. Nonetheless, it's a pretty good watch. It's, IMO a really inspired performance by Favreau. ScarJo is also really good in it. John Leguizamo, after he leaves the restaurant is killer. I was really surprised where they went there. The thing that made the boat float is his relationship with his son (Emjay Anthony). Maybe it's because I have young kids, but it would have been a pretty meh movie without that relationship.

The journey part of the film is worth the squeeze. Looking on IMDB, it looks like it was written and directed by Favreau, so I'm guessing it could have been tightened up some with some additional editing or something. Whatever, it's good. Some of the characters are ridiculous (ex-wife, ninja RDJ cameo LOL, etc) but it doesn't really drag away from what works about the movie.

I'd really recommend it. The parts of the movie that work, really work - and stuck with me for awhile. Good flick that I'd never heard of.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:33 PM 04-01-2021
"Bad Trip" was hilarious! :-)
On Netflix now

[Reply]
srvy 12:54 PM 04-02-2021
So I watched "Chef" on Netflix.

I hadn't heard of it before, but saw something about it on YouTube and I like Favreau, so WTF, let's go.

So it's pretty deep in the culinary jargon, but it doesn't make it the movie. I knew what most of it was, so it wasn't an impediment to me, but it could be for others. Nonetheless, it's a pretty good watch. It's, IMO a really inspired performance by Favreau. ScarJo is also really good in it. John Leguizamo, after he leaves the restaurant is killer. I was really surprised where they went there. The thing that made the boat float is his relationship with his son (Emjay Anthony). Maybe it's because I have young kids, but it would have been a pretty meh movie without that relationship.

The journey part of the film is worth the squeeze. Looking on IMDB, it looks like it was written and directed by Favreau, so I'm guessing it could have been tightened up some with some additional editing or something. Whatever, it's good. Some of the characters are ridiculous (ex-wife, ninja RDJ cameo LOL, etc) but it doesn't really drag away from what works about the movie.

I'd really recommend it. The parts of the movie that work, really work - and stuck with me for awhile. Good flick that I'd never heard of.
I watched this last night and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it particularly because it's a movie not based on a comic book.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:48 PM 04-03-2021
Nobody (2021) - Currently has an IMDB rating of 7.7.

Me - Currently at Wal Mart picking up some groceries after walking out of this retarded piece of shit after the first 30 minutes.

I'm still going to check out the new Kong flick this evening.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 286
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247 > Last »
Up