ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Galaxy Quest TV show?
notorious 03:41 PM 03-07-2021
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sigo...203900025.html

In the tumultuous and confusing clusterfuckery of life, it can be nice to have a few constants to cling to. The sun rising in the east, the steady grumbling about how things were better “in the past,” the assertion that Galaxy Quest will someday be more than just a fondly remembered one-off Star Trek parody film. Such was the eternal cycle indulged in by star Sigourney Weaver this week, as she told Collider that plans for a Galaxy Quest sequel TV series, once thought scuppered by the death of Alan Rickman, are once more on the move.

Weaver was talking about her upcoming film My Salinger Year, when the topic of the crew of the NSEA Protector once again came up, as it so frequently does among people for whom one Galaxy Quest was somehow not enough. Weaver noted that plans for a Galaxy Quest sequel film were scotched years ago after screenwriter Bob Gordon was irritated by the way Dreamworks reshaped the original film into a children’s movie, but that hopes for a TV continuation are still going strong:

The movie was so witty, and when they released it, DreamWorks cut a lot of the wittiest scenes because they wanted to put it out as a children’s movie at Christmas. I think that was disappointing for everybody, so he decided not to let them have the second one. However, it was about four years ago, Bob and (producer) Mark Johnson and the whole group, started to develop a series. We lost the wonderful Alan [Rickman] unexpectedly, so that was put in mothballs, but I think they are finally now reviving it.

All of which is still, obviously, pretty vague, but what is Galaxy Quest about, if not the vague hope that the future will hold brave new promise for old and, frankly, exhausted ideas? Weaver is, at least, effusive, even as she acknowledges what losing Rickman might mean for the chemistry of the show’s cast:

It will be the story of the old ancient Galaxy Questers being brought into this series with another young cast. I haven’t read them, so I don’t know the details, but I think that everyone in Galaxy Quest would love to participate because it was such a wonderful experience for us. How they will find someone to play Alan’s part, don’t know, but I think that they have a very good idea of who to do it. He’s irreplaceable, eternally. I think there may be good news on that front, but I haven’t heard about it in these six months, so when it’s gonna happen, I’m not sure.

It’s not 100 percent clear whether Weaver is talking about the same Galaxy Quest TV series that Paul Scheer has been working on for a few years now, and which was supposedly heading toward Amazon circa 2015 before the project reportedly got put on the back-burner.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:37 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
There's a really interesting documentary on YouTube about Galaxy Quest. You have to rent it, but it's worth a couple of bucks if you're a fan.

I thought the most interesting aspect is how much the actual Star Trek cast members enjoyed it.
Awesome. Never knew about this. Thanks!
[Reply]
morphius 12:37 PM 03-08-2021
I loved this bit as well. Rockwell's scream wasn't scripted and Weaver's reaction to it is completely genuine. :-)

That's a great job by the actor improvising then, 'cause that really made that scene memorable.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:48 PM 03-08-2021
Yea. Sam Rockwell was kind of an unknown back when this first got released.

He’s great in everything I’ve ever seen him in.
[Reply]
notorious 02:53 PM 03-08-2021
“We need to get out of here before those things kill Guy!”

:-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:55 PM 03-08-2021
I loved this bit as well. Rockwell's scream wasn't scripted and Weaver's reaction to it is completely genuine. :-)

Anyone have the full clip of this... I was trying to find it as I don't remember what he was screaming at.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:45 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Anyone have the full clip of this... I was trying to find it as I don't remember what he was screaming at.
Here you go. It's the scene when the rest of the crew arrives at the star port.

I love Fred's reaction, which is almost as funny as the scream. "That was a helluva thing." :-)

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:16 PM 03-08-2021
Here you go. It's the scene when the rest of the crew arrives at the star port.

I love Fred's reaction, which is almost as funny as the scream. "That was a helluva thing." :-)

I guess I never noticed that Sigourney did just about jump out of her skin. I was never a fan of Sigourney Weaver's looks but as a blonde she looked pretty hot.
[Reply]
eDave 06:34 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It's when they teleported to the ship for the first time and just got there. Moments later Shalhoub arrives and just says "that was a hell of a thing"

EDIT: already provided
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:14 PM 03-09-2021
They spent 90% of this movies budget on making Sigourney Weaver look fuckable.

It was worth it.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:28 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
They spent 90% of this movies budget on making Sigourney Weaver look fuckable.

It was worth it.
Yes it was. :-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:15 PM 03-09-2021
Just a slight derail of the subject here since we are talking about movies making chicks look hotter than they usually do... Cate Blanchett in Thor Ragnarok... The goth chic really does it for me here.

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:18 AM 03-10-2021
I’m a sucker for Cate Blanchett. I think she’s been hot in a lot of stuff.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:08 AM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m a sucker for Cate Blanchett. I think she’s been hot in a lot of stuff.
She was amazing in Hot Fuzz. :-)

Actually, when you mention Cate, Bandits ended up being a better movie all-around than I would ever have expected. At least that's my memory of seeing it one time on home video long ago.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:56 PM 03-10-2021
I was thinking I'd saved this on yt, and indeed I had. Seems like the place

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up