ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>1917
alanm 05:49 PM 01-08-2020
Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:25 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That was brilliant. Absolutely amazing. Best war movie I've seen in forever. I simply can't imagine how they pulled it off - with just a couple of pauses, the whole thing seemed like one continuous shot, although there's obviously no way it could be. And while I'm sure there was some very well done CGI involved, I'm pretty sure that mostly it was practical effects, which makes it even more impressive.

Go see it. If Mendes doesn't win best director for this they should just stop giving out awards.

Saw it yesterday and totally agree with this.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:31 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Some of the B&B Theatres have a giant screen, they also have MX4D options. Which would be better, the bigger screen or the immersive 4D?

I normally go the AMC IMAX route but, am thinking about trying something different.
IMAX would be your best bet imo. As long as you see it in theaters that's all that matters. I would hate for people to miss out on seeing this film in theaters and having to settle to watch it on their computer or something.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:34 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Is the story actually good, or is it just CGI spectacle?

???
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 AM 01-12-2020
Very little CGI.

And it’s not a war movie in terms of big ass narrative story. Its an excellently filmed gripping trip on a single simple order that has to be delivered.

Diametric opposite of say...Michael Bays Pearl Harbor
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:21 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Very little CGI.

And it’s not a war movie in terms of big ass narrative story. Its an excellently filmed gripping trip on a single simple order that has to be delivered.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:19 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Very little CGI.

Ugh. The most horriblest movie ever, let alone war movie. Just...ugh...
[Reply]
Frazod 01:59 PM 01-12-2020
I'm sure there's a lot more CGI than we can spot. They had to do something to make those impossibly long shots continuous. But there were really only a couple of places where it was obvious. And even then it wasn't bad.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:11 AM 01-13-2020
I'm sure there's a lot more CGI than we can spot. They had to do something to make those impossibly long shots continuous. But there were really only a couple of places where it was obvious. And even then it wasn't bad.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 02:04 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:16 PM 01-13-2020
Yeah. I wasn’t looking for it and none of that took me out of the movie.

I thought the filmography was a master class given how lazy some of the technology has made filmmakers. It’s amazing how fresh “the old way” looks.

I’m not sitting here trying to be some high minded film guy. I get a lot of joy out of Marvel and Star Wars and I loved Midway. But this was different than that and did it very very well IMO.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:51 PM 01-13-2020
The story is great. The movie is strongly driven by emotion and intensity.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:46 PM 01-13-2020
Oh shit - how could I forget about Midway? Yeah, I liked that a lot.

I think my brain sort of compartmentalizes sea based war movies and land based war movies. :-)
Did you see T34? It was pretty good.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:15 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Did you see T34? It was pretty good.
Never even heard of it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:49 PM 01-13-2020
Never even heard of it.

[Reply]
Frazod 09:24 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Looks interesting, although after a while all the CGI slow motion shit becomes a distraction.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up