ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 70
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
cookster50 09:24 AM 01-24-2020
I'm really wanting to watch this. Once all episodes are released CBS will get some of my money.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:52 AM 01-24-2020
Well, I got CBS All Access for this. I really liked the first episode. Too bad I can't stream them all at one like Netflix. :-)

I guess I can now watch Star Trek Discovery.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:58 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Well, I got CBS All Access for this. I really liked the first episode. Too bad I can't stream them all at one like Netflix. :-)

I guess I can now watch Star Trek Discovery.
Do yourself a favor and just watch Season 2.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:51 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I tried to watch season 1 but just never got hooked. Is season 2 actually decent?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:59 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I tried to watch season 1 but just never got hooked. Is season 2 actually decent?
Yes, because it's less about the Discovery assholes and more about Pike, Spock and the Enterprise.

If they don't create a Pike/Spock focused Star Trek somebody at CBS should be stabbed in the face.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:41 PM 01-24-2020
Ya I can get into this looks solid but so did the first episode of Twilight Zone.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:51 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, I can't just not watch it since I have CBS All Access now.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:52 PM 01-24-2020
This is pretty cool. I caught some of this but definitely not even close to all.

[Reply]
notorious 09:17 PM 01-26-2020
My mind just exploded.

Deanna Troi's mom is also the voice for the Enterprise-D........
[Reply]
007 09:22 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
My mind just exploded.

How did you not know that?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:24 PM 01-26-2020
My mind just exploded.

Also Nurse Chapel and Number One from the original pilot!
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:33 PM 01-27-2020
My mind just exploded.

And the computer voice on TOS, DS9, TAS, and Voyager. I think they used her in a couple of ENT episodes, too.

You do know she was married to Roddenberry, right?
[Reply]
notorious 01:00 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
And the computer voice on TOS, DS9, TAS, and Voyager. I think they used her in a couple of ENT episodes, too.

You do know she was married to Roddenberry, right?

She played her part very well when she was Troi's mom.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:13 PM 01-27-2020
How I'm picturing notorious as he reads this thread

[Reply]
unlurking 01:23 PM 01-27-2020
lol

I enjoyed this first episode quite a bit. Been a while since I saw TNG, so for the first half of it I thought they were trying to bring back Lal (which would have been cool too). I love all the callbacks to prior series. High hopes for this one. So far tons better than Discovery.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 70
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up