ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Black Panther
thabear04 09:50 PM 06-09-2017

[Reply]
Simply Red 03:20 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Solid movie but Thor Ragnarok and Guardians are far more entertaining.
Racist
[Reply]
NewChief 10:15 PM 02-17-2018
I really enjoyed it. Only complaint was early demise of Klawe as Serkis stole every scene in a Alfie from Peaky Blinders way. That being said, by ridding the white antagonist quickly, they stayed away from the low hanging racial fruit. Anyone complaining about SJW and racist shit in this movie is just looking for an axe to grind. The movie explicitly moves away from that and critiques the shit out of the Black power movement.
[Reply]
AustinChief 11:31 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I really enjoyed it. Only complaint was early demise of Klawe as Serkis stole every scene in a Alfie from Peaky Blinders way. That being said, by ridding the white antagonist quickly, they stayed away from the low hanging racial fruit. Anyone complaining about SJW and racist shit in this movie is just looking for an axe to grind. The movie explicitly moves away from that and critiques the shit out of the Black power movement.
I agree 100%. I think people are complaining that the HYPE for the movie is overblown by liberal critics who are more willing to say nice things because of the race aspect. I could see how that may be true (I can't read minds so I won't offer a definitive opinion on the matter) but that has nothing to do with the quality of the movie itself. It's yet another solid outing by Marvel. At no point did I feel the movie was pushing any sort of agenda.
[Reply]
AustinChief 11:32 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Racist
ha! (but I SEEM nice)
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:43 AM 02-18-2018
great flick!! i hope all of you stayed for both end credit scenes!!!

come on infinity war!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Fish 12:49 AM 02-18-2018

[Reply]
Rausch 12:09 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
great flick!! i hope all of you stayed for both end credit scenes!!!

come on infinity war!!!!!!!!!
This is all I want!

Good flick and solid world building for IW!
[Reply]
BWillie 03:10 PM 02-18-2018
So is this a kids movie like the Avengers, Antman Spiderman, garbage or is it more like MOS or The Dark Knight?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:16 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
:-)

Dont get me wrong, it was worth my time and I was entertained but in my opinion waaaay overhyped.
Maybe not overhyped?

The king of Wakanda roared into theaters.

“Black Panther” has*grossed an estimated $192 million*at movie box offices, including Thursday night early showings, surpassing the opening weekend numbers of all other Marvel films except for the first “Avengers.”

The figure also gives “Black Panther” the fifth highest opening weekend gross of all time.
The film’s total take over the President’s Day weekend is expected to be around $218 million, eclipsing the films $200 million budget.”

As*3-day weekend totals go*for Marvel films, “The Avengers” made $207.44 million in 2012, “Avengers: Ages of Ultron” followed that with $191.27 million in 2015, and “Captain America: Civil War” grossed $179.14 million in 2016.

“Black Panther” is a big-budget superhero film helmed by an African American director ― Ryan Coogler, who also co-wrote the script. It also features a nearly all black cast, including Lupita Nyong’o,*Michael B. Jordan, Angela Bassett, Daniel Kaluuya and Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa, aka Black Panther.
Historically, this isn’t something we’re used to seeing out of Hollywood. But you can’t argue with these numbers. Or the glowing reviews from critics.*
[Reply]
AustinChief 04:06 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe not overhyped?

The king of Wakanda roared into theaters.

“Black Panther” has*grossed an estimated $192 million*at movie box offices, including Thursday night early showings, surpassing the opening weekend numbers of all other Marvel films except for the first “Avengers.”

The figure also gives “Black Panther” the fifth highest opening weekend gross of all time.
The film’s total take over the President’s Day weekend is expected to be around $218 million, eclipsing the films $200 million budget.”

As*3-day weekend totals go*for Marvel films, “The Avengers” made $207.44 million in 2012, “Avengers: Ages of Ultron” followed that with $191.27 million in 2015, and “Captain America: Civil War” grossed $179.14 million in 2016.

“Black Panther” is a big-budget superhero film helmed by an African American director ― Ryan Coogler, who also co-wrote the script. It also features a nearly all black cast, including Lupita Nyong’o,*Michael B. Jordan, Angela Bassett, Daniel Kaluuya and Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa, aka Black Panther.
Historically, this isn’t something we’re used to seeing out of Hollywood. But you can’t argue with these numbers. Or the glowing reviews from critics.*
Again, I don't think people are saying it's anything other than a good if not great Marvel film. I think people are saying that the critical response (aka hype) is overblown due to racial factors. I would be interested to see the reviews from the critics who have been notorious for bagging on Marvel films. If those same critics are giving glowing reviews for Black Panther then I tend to want to call shenanigans.

Again, this part of the discussion is about critical hype not at all about the movie itself.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:51 PM 02-18-2018
Saw it earlier...it was fantastic. I really enjoyed it and will see it again. One of my favorite marvel movies.
[Reply]
O.city 07:15 PM 02-18-2018
My 4 year old and I are currently sitting in the theater getting ready for it. He’s obsessed with marvel so hopefully he likes it
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:33 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So is this a kids movie like the Avengers, Antman Spiderman, garbage or is it more like MOS or The Dark Knight?
Civil War though not dark in visuals like Synders stuff is a pretty dark story. The villain won after all.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:39 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe not overhyped?
A movie with a strong first weekend at the box office can still be overhyped...just proves the hype worked. This was made out to be by many critics as not only the greatest Marvel movie but one the best superhero movies ever. Its not even close in my opinion.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 PM 02-18-2018
Really enjoyed it.

Would definitely see again
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up