ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 51
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:37 PM 11-08-2016
I thought Dolores was gonna take the Man In Black role...but Maeve now seems to be the front runner ....and then theres the deal with seeing the REAL Man In Black. hahaha
[Reply]
listopencil 03:58 PM 11-08-2016

[Reply]
unlurking 04:42 PM 11-08-2016
"although if they wanted to"

:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:28 PM 11-08-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I thought Dolores was gonna take the Man In Black role...but Maeve now seems to be the front runner ....and then there's the deal with seeing the REAL Man In Black. hahaha
I was holding out hope that one of them (would be cool if it was Dolores) was Yul Brynner from the movie but...that dream is dead.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:12 PM 11-08-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I was holding out hope that one of them (would be cool if it was Dolores) was Yul Brynner from the movie but...that dream is dead.
What if not in body but "spirit"? What if Dolores' primary code base, for lack of a better term, is a copy of Yul Brynner's from the movie?

Yeah I know a real stretch...
[Reply]
listopencil 01:33 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
What if not in body but "spirit"? What if Dolores' primary code base, for lack of a better term, is a copy of Yul Brynner's from the movie?

Yeah I know a real stretch...
I don't think they are going to allow the two stories (TV and movie) to be connected even that much. In an interview one of the guys said that the movie didn't 'literally' happen within the universe of the TV show.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:45 AM 11-11-2016
Just saw the 1973 movie. Holy shit that was god awful. Very weak plot. New Westworld is eons better
[Reply]
listopencil 12:50 AM 11-11-2016
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just saw the 1973 movie. Holy shit that was god awful. Very weak plot. New Westworld is eons better

It's a Sci-Fi movie that's almost 45 years old.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:24 PM 11-11-2016
no way dude!
SOMEONE is gonna start ****ing people up!
delores....maeve....somebody gonna start laying down the hurt....all YB style.

sure it ain't gonna be Yul...but it'll be a badass character like him.....AND....I'm thinking after last episode that eventually we WILL see a CGI Yul Brenner man in black cameo....

PS - the delores scene where she shot those dudes....YB style...I think she'll be the one.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:49 AM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
no way dude!
SOMEONE is gonna start ****ing people up!
delores....maeve....somebody gonna start laying down the hurt....all YB style.

sure it ain't gonna be Yul...but it'll be a badass character like him.....AND....I'm thinking after last episode that eventually we WILL see a CGI Yul Brenner man in black cameo....

PS - the delores scene where she shot those dudes....YB style...I think she'll be the one.
I think Dolores is more likely to go all berserker killing spree, but Maeve is more likely to be able really fuck shit up. Still-wouldn't it be great to see Dolores don an outfit like The Gunslinger and take on his mannerisms if she does go on a spree?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:08 AM 11-12-2016
I think Dolores is more likely to go all berserker killing spree, but Maeve is more likely to be able really **** shit up. Still-wouldn't it be great to see Dolores don an outfit like The Gunslinger and take on his mannerisms if she does go on a spree?
What if Maeve is the brains and Dolores is the brawn? That would be a cool plot line.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:01 PM 11-12-2016
Would
[Reply]
Bowser 02:01 PM 11-12-2016
I think Dolores is more likely to go all berserker killing spree, but Maeve is more likely to be able really fuck shit up. Still-wouldn't it be great to see Dolores don an outfit like The Gunslinger and take on his mannerisms if she does go on a spree?
What about whore #2, Maeve's buddy? I thought I saw some preview where she was fucking up some futuretechs with some serious Aikido type shit....
[Reply]
Bowser 02:02 PM 11-12-2016

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:23 PM 11-12-2016
I would genocide her Armenian ass.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 51
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up