ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 51
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:14 PM 11-06-2016
Aww shit sons its goin down
[Reply]
Bowser 10:51 PM 11-06-2016
I now officially look forward to this show more so than I do Walking Dead.

This was a great episode. Getting closer to figuring out what the hell is really going on here.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:03 PM 11-06-2016
Just started watching it. At the 07:04 mark The Gunslinger (Yul Brynner) is standing against the wall, visible past Bernard's right shoulder.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:43 PM 11-06-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Just started watching it. At the 07:04 mark The Gunslinger (Yul Brynner) is standing against the wall, visible past Bernard's right shoulder.
Damn, nice catch
[Reply]
listopencil 11:50 PM 11-06-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Aww shit sons its goin down

I'm about 45 mins into it. Wow, lol, shit just got real. Also: Ford and Bernard just confirmed that 'first generation' hosts are potentially not substantially different from hosts in the 'present'. Unless first generation hosts existing in the 'present' are dramatically more complex due to hardware/software/firmware/wetware improvements over the years, this makes the multiple timelines theory more possible. I still don't like it because that's a cheap storytelling trick.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:51 PM 11-06-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Damn, nice catch

That's also possibly a model of Dolores' head in the glass cabinet in Ford's office. All the way to the left over his right shoulder.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:53 PM 11-06-2016
It's in the scene where Ford is looking at the notebook and sees drawings of Dolores, the maze, and the device for creating hosts.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:55 AM 11-07-2016
I was wondering if that was him!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-07-2016, 02:03 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
listopencil 03:27 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I was wondering if that was him!
Here's really shitty pic of 07:04 with just the figure:

[Reply]
listopencil 03:29 AM 11-07-2016
Here's the classic stance:

[Reply]
listopencil 03:46 AM 11-07-2016
Also: I'm not sure if the 'Wyatt' events really happened or if they are just created memories for Teddy and the other hosts. It would be the same either way but Ed Harris seems to have no knowledge of those events at all-and he would if it was a story that was ever actually played out at some point.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:47 AM 11-07-2016
I feel like I need to watch last night's episode again, like there was a metric fuckton of shit revealed but not noticed....
[Reply]
listopencil 01:01 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel like I need to watch last night's episode again, like there was a metric fuckton of shit revealed but not noticed....
I have been watching the review videos on YouTube through the week after the episode sinks in and I start getting antsy for the next one. There are some decent ones out there.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:04 PM 11-07-2016
After last night the thought kept sticking in my head that Arnold achieved sentient AI through transfer of consciousness but (some major plot point) caused him to inhabit the computer systems of the park rather than a host.
[Reply]
Buck 01:18 PM 11-07-2016
Also: I'm not sure if the 'Wyatt' events really happened or if they are just created memories for Teddy and the other hosts. It would be the same either way but Ed Harris seems to have no knowledge of those events at all-and he would if it was a story that was ever actually played out at some point.
They never happened. Ford just created that storyline.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 51
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up