ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 172
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:07 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Kim asking Jimmy to get married was a "Jump the Shark" moment.

Good lord, they better have an angle here. If not that was a very, very stupid scene.
I thought that too. It was well acted up until that point. Jimmy and Kim both played that well. But yeah, not a very logical leap.

They’ve earned the rope to hang themselves with so I’m certainly tuning in. I hope they can pull something good out.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:54 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Do you think Saul tells the truth? He could just as easily been bullshitting. He's a performer and just says shit to manipulate his clients and the court of law.

Certainly possible. He's a bullshit artist. Part of being a bullshit artist, though, is telling as much of the truth as possible. So it wouldn't surprise me if he was telling the truth there.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:55 PM 03-26-2020

Good lord, they better have an angle here. If not that was a very, very stupid scene.

Yeah...that was cringey.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:57 PM 03-26-2020
I feel like they have took 2 seasons of development for Kim and put it into this one. That‘s okay. Better than cramming 4 seasons worth of content into 13 episodes (looking at you, Game of Thrones).
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:02 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Boring episode. too talky. Even the Mike Trout scenes were talky.

We call this show "Better Call Sleep." cuz we can't stay awake some episodes zzzzzzz
Episode quality is in direct correlation to how much time is spent on other BB characters. Kim is a fine actress and all, and her character serves a purpose, but I don't give a shit about her career or that fucking bank. All the episodes in previous seasons focusing on Jimmy's relationship with his brother...Zzzzzz...enough already. As they added Gus and more BB characters, and time on their stories, the show got so much better.

And the Mesa Verde "commercials" Saul made...absolutely ridiculous.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 08:58 AM 03-27-2020
I wonder if Kim asking Jimmy to marry her after the whole "I can't do this anymore" speech is a setup for her to con him? Maybe hurt him back the way she felt he conned her? Maybe to show him she can play the same game too?
[Reply]
stumppy 09:11 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
I wonder if Kim asking Jimmy to marry her after the whole "I can't do this anymore" speech is a setup for her to con him? Maybe hurt him back the way she felt he conned her? Maybe to show him she can play the same game too?
That's exactly what I thought. That would also give us a plausible reason as to why she isn't in BB. She burns Jimmy with a 'That's how it feels you asshole" lie and that crosses the line for Jimmy. Relationship over!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:33 AM 03-27-2020
Hadn't thought of that. That's certainly plausible.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:39 AM 03-27-2020

I viewed it as "We're in this together now and let's keep it going" because Kim gets her thrills from cons, not from Pro Bono Work.

Also, if they're married, they're not required to testify against each other in a court of law, meaning that Mesa Verde would never be able to prove collusion.

It's a scheme, IMO.
[Reply]
notorious 11:39 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
This thought crossed my mind.

She might burn his ass for hurting her.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I viewed it as "We're in this together now and let's keep it going" because Kim gets her thrills from cons, not from Pro Bono Work.

Also, if they're married, they're not required to testify against each other in a court of law, meaning that Mesa Verde would never be able to prove collusion.

It's a scheme, IMO.
Spousal privilege only applied to communications made DURING the marriage. Could hide behind the testimonial privilege, though. That says that spouses, while married, can't be forced to testify against their spouse at all.

But A) witness holds that privilege (so Kim or even Jimmy could waive it and elect to testify against the other spouse) and B) it ends when the marriage does.

Spousal communication is nice because it is theoretically indefinite and either party can enforce it. So any schemes they concoct during the marriage are going to be protected. But Mesa Verde came before the marriage and in the event the marriage ends or either party gets pissed off, they can choose to testify anyway.

My first thought was marital privilege as well, but ultimately if it gets to that point, they're pretty much boned anyway. Especially Kim.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:26 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My first thought was marital privilege as well, but ultimately if it gets to that point, they're pretty much boned anyway. Especially Kim.
Yeah, I think that simple line makes the show even more interesting to me because there are more possibilities as to why we don't see Kim in Breaking Bad.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:24 PM 03-27-2020
they could always cgi kim into breaking bad
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-31-2020
What an awesome ending to the show last night. Saul going off!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:06 AM 03-31-2020
Luftwaffles? AYFKM?!?!?!?
[Reply]
Page 132 of 172
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Up