ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 172
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
notorious 10:02 AM 03-20-2020
Even Saul knew where to stop. Kim is in full self-destruct mode.

Are they trying to make us turn on Kim? She's being a cunt over all of this.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:21 PM 03-20-2020
The scene where she was playing the texas person was funny then got weird when they were going to take a shower. She is such a good actress she was playing Kim Playing the texas dude and I believed it so much it grossed me out.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:39 AM 03-24-2020
Don Watchell, president of Mesa Verde!!!!

What a great reunion.

[Reply]
BWillie 08:27 AM 03-24-2020
Kim's character arc is beginning to make little sense compared to who we thought she was. Perhaps these flashbacks of her childhood will help.
[Reply]
samleeroth 11:23 AM 03-24-2020
I just finished up season four. I'm looking forward to starting on five soon.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kim's character arc is beginning to make little sense compared to who we thought she was.
Who did you think she "was"?

She's no different than she's been at any point in time on BCS. She wants to do things "the right way" but gets her thrills by bending the rules and running cons, just like Jimmy/Saul.

They're two peas in a pod.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:39 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Who did you think she "was"?

She's no different than she's been at any point in time on BCS. She wants to do things "the right way" but gets her thrills by bending the rules and running cons, just like Jimmy/Saul.

They're two peas in a pod.
Yep....makes me wonder what happens to her
[Reply]
eDave 09:51 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Yep....makes me wonder what happens to her
Who's to say Saul wasn't married to her during BB?
[Reply]
listopencil 12:12 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Who's to say Saul wasn't married to her during BB?

I'm pretty sure he made comments referencing multiple marriages in BB. He may marry her in BCS but they would have had to have been divorced by BB for that to be true, and she doesn't appear in BB at all. I think the writers set her character up like this on purpose to create tension in the minds of the audience. Just to add to the 'we know how this ends but we've never seen how they get there' aspect of the show.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 08:09 AM 03-26-2020
In breaking bad he said his last ex wife cheated on him with his step father.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:22 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
At this point that has to have been a lie. We're too close to the timeframe of Breaking Bad, and there's nothing to indicate he even has a stepfather. There was no sign his mother had a husband when they flashed back to her death. I mean, they could probably finagle if they really wanted to, but it'd be a lot in service of a throwaway line.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:03 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
Kim and Howard confirmed. We can call it Koward.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:18 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'm pretty sure he made comments referencing multiple marriages in BB. He may marry her in BCS but they would have had to have been divorced by BB for that to be true, and she doesn't appear in BB at all. I think the writers set her character up like this on purpose to create tension in the minds of the audience. Just to add to the 'we know how this ends but we've never seen how they get there' aspect of the show.
Do you think Saul tells the truth? He could just as easily been bullshitting. He's a performer and just says shit to manipulate his clients and the court of law.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 06:05 PM 03-26-2020
Boring episode. too talky. Even the Mike Trout scenes were talky.

We call this show "Better Call Sleep." cuz we can't stay awake some episodes zzzzzzz
[Reply]
notorious 09:33 PM 03-26-2020
Kim asking Jimmy to get married was a "Jump the Shark" moment.

Good lord, they better have an angle here. If not that was a very, very stupid scene.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 172
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Up