ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 172
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
BWillie 11:28 PM 03-13-2020
I want a spin off with Nacho and a reappearing Jesse and Badger in today's dates.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:09 PM 03-14-2020
Wonder who saved Mike
[Reply]
notorious 05:22 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Wonder who saved Mike
You know. It's one of Gus's guys.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:59 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
You know. It's one of Gus's guys.
Sounds right
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:06 AM 03-15-2020
Do you suppose Fring paid those folks to jump him so he could save him and bring him back into the fold?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:53 PM 03-16-2020
Man. So good.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:41 AM 03-17-2020
Steven Ogg lol. Wasn't he on this show already in season 1? I wonder if he's supposed to be the same character. Is that character alive? I can't remember...it's been a while.

I truly expect Bill Burr to show up at some point in this show. They just gotta show how his character got involved with all of this. But last I heard he was supposed to be in the show and couldn't do it for personal reasons.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:05 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Steven Ogg lol. Wasn't he on this show already in season 1? I wonder if he's supposed to be the same character. Is that character alive? I can't remember...it's been a while.

I truly expect Bill Burr to show up at some point in this show. They just gotta show how his character got involved with all of this. But last I heard he was supposed to be in the show and couldn't do it for personal reasons.
Yeah, on the show before, presumably on last night as the same character. 'Sobchak' - named after John Goodman's 'Nam character in Big Lebowski.

First time around, he was one of the 'crew' that was supposed to get together to protect that pill mill dude when he went to sell to Nacho. Mike took umbrage at him bringing a gun to the job, disarmed him and sent him and 'Man Mountain' away.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:24 AM 03-17-2020
Saul putting the artifacts in the ground and the ground up batteries to stall them was just epic stuff. That's just how he would have operated in Breaking Bad. Such a sheister.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:42 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Saul putting the artifacts in the ground and the ground up batteries to stall them was just epic stuff. That's just how he would have operated in Breaking Bad. Such a sheister.
Ionization pellets.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:43 PM 03-17-2020
I’m really surprised at Kim going with such a thinly veiled subversive attack on Mesa Verde. Is she just sick of their shit or what? Try to get what she wants like Jimmy and it blows up in her face?

They’ve been laying the groundwork for how much she hates it for a long time. It’s just surprising to see her go full self-destruct.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:23 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m really surprised at Kim going with such a thinly veiled subversive attack on Mesa Verde. Is she just sick of their shit or what? Try to get what she wants like Jimmy and it blows up in her face?

They’ve been laying the groundwork for how much she hates it for a long time. It’s just surprising to see her go full self-destruct.
She's a Royals fan.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:14 AM 03-18-2020
What was the revenge quote at the end about? Also the dedication part on the water display who was that?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:30 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
What was the revenge quote at the end about? Also the dedication part on the water display who was that?
His partner the Salamonkas killed, I think it was in BB. Fring is doing all this and did what he did to Tuco and Hector because they killed his partner.

Mike got ran out of Philly because he killed those dirty cops that killed his son.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
She's a Royals fan.
Makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 172
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Up