ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 172
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
KentuckyChief 01:42 PM 03-06-2020
I’m a huge fan of both series, have watched them multiple times each along with El Camino, trying to find flaws with their continuity. I, like many here, wonder about Nacho and Kim and how their respective stories will end. I’m pretty sure Nacho doesn’t make it out alive, or at the very least winds up being turned in by Krazy8. I’m thinking Kim will end up disbarred due to something Saul gets her involved in. Also think Jesse is the only character that has a happy outcome from all this. Can’t wait to see how the Gene scenes end.......
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:09 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Who would be prepared for that? He was picked up on a curbside and taken out in the middle of nowhere by the Mexican mafia.

He played it decent. Ask for too much and he might have ended up dead or blackmailed right there.
Oh, I didn’t mean to criticize Jimmy, more to show praise to the writers and directors to showcase how quickly Jimmy went to being in over his head.

Lalo probably heard the story over Tuco and was one of the first to realize that Jimmy was a CRIMINAL lawyer.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:46 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Good to see Hank and Gomey again
Hank was in full early BB dickhead mode.
[Reply]
notorious 10:11 PM 03-06-2020
"Operation Ice-breaker. How you likin' that? We never used that before, did we?"

"Isn't that the name of a breath mint?"

"What?"

"Ice-breakers, right? Breath mint?"

"Nobody's gonna be thinkin' that. Be thinkin' about some big-ass ship at the North Pole, breakin' ice!"

"Says you. I'm gonna be thinking "Operation Breath Mint"."

"I'm thinking "Operation Breath Mint" every time you and me are on a stakeout together, all right? Breath could knock a buzzard off a shitwagon. All right! Operation... TBD. Thanks for nothing, Gom."

:-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:58 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by KentuckyChief:
I’m a huge fan of both series, have watched them multiple times each along with El Camino, trying to find flaws with their continuity. I, like many here, wonder about Nacho and Kim and how their respective stories will end. I’m pretty sure Nacho doesn’t make it out alive, or at the very least winds up being turned in by Krazy8. I’m thinking Kim will end up disbarred due to something Saul gets her involved in. Also think Jesse is the only character that has a happy outcome from all this. Can’t wait to see how the Gene scenes end.......
Yeah Kim and Nacho are characters I love...gonna be interesting
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:05 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Nothing bad will happen to Kim. Saul in BB is too much like Saul in BCS for something tragic to happen.
There is the possibility that Saul is a sociopath and would move on from Kim easily.
Wasn't Walter White, essentially, a narcissistic sociopath after his cancer diagnosis? Jimmy and Walt seem to be, (or have), the same character.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:16 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
There is the possibility that Saul is a sociopath and would move on from Kim easily.
Wasn't Walter White, essentially, a narcissistic sociopath after his cancer diagnosis? Jimmy and Walt seem to be, (or have), the same character.
I think that, even though Jimmy and Kim are great together, they could separate without a lot of fireworks.

But I disagree that it would be because 'Saul' is a sociopath and would move on easily.

At some point, it's feasible that Kim could lay out in no uncertain terms that Saul is disappointing her and breaking her heart. Jimmy would take that hard and suffer much for it, but would still be too stubborn, and too little self-assured in his own worth, to change. Kim leaves, Jimmy mopes, and instead of improving toward Kim's standards, he uses her rejection as fuel for his 'sunk cost' in the path he's chosen.

Basically, there may likely come a time when Jimmy wishes he was good enough for Kim, but sober/stubborn enough to know he isn't and that won't change.

That said, . . . all of this is speculation, and the greatness of the show is the surprising yet totally feasible way things actually play out in the narrative.
[Reply]
eDave 07:53 PM 03-08-2020
Saul in a Cartel lawyer now. He's stuck there, regardless of Kim.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:17 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
I was curious about the meaning behind that scene.

As I recall there were two beer bottle scenes on the balcony. The first one sets up the tension and the second one releases it. It's a metaphor for their relationship. As of right now it's working because Saul acknowledges that he is sometimes too risky and needs Kim to help keep him grounded, and Kim acknowledges that sometimes she is too risk averse and needs Saul to push her out of her comfort zone so she still feels like she's alive. The scenes are pointing out that their relationship takes a delicate balance to work and that the characters realize this. I just think that the show is kind of beating us over the head with this point doing scenes like this.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:01 PM 03-09-2020
Great start to this season. Never want it to end.
[Reply]
KentuckyChief 06:43 PM 03-09-2020
I could see Saul ending up protecting Kim from bad shit that’s coming from the cartel by kicking her to the curb in a heartbreaking way. Also, I’ve seen a deleted scene from BB where Saul tells Walt that he was married three times(not canon, I assume), I know mid to late season 3 of BB, Saul mentions something about his second divorce. When could that shit have happened? Illinois or between BCS/BB?
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:21 PM 03-09-2020
Man, great episode tonight. Really loving this season so far.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:00 PM 03-11-2020
I initially though Kim wanted Saul to represent the old guy and lose in some way, but now I’m thinking she wants to have Saul stick it to Mesa Verde.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:09 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I initially though Kim wanted Saul to represent the old guy and lose in some way, but now I’m thinking she wants to have Saul stick it to Mesa Verde.
Yea, pretty sure MV is gonna get screwed SG style.
[Reply]
notorious 06:22 AM 03-12-2020
Kim is going to lose the account.

As Saul has said,"Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?"
[Reply]
Page 128 of 172
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up