ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 172
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
BWillie 05:15 PM 09-25-2018
Kim loves the slippin' jimmies ding dong.
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:42 PM 09-25-2018
This spinoff started 5 years ago, and quite frankly, the plot has moved at a glacial pace....after 14 months, we get a new season that is 7 episodes and still there has been little progression to 'Saul'...no more flash forwards to his life as a Cinnabon employee and they've just started building the meth lab for Gus.

It might be 2030 before we actually start to see any connection to Breaking Bad...

I really like the show, but would like to survive the plot. Good grief...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:06 PM 09-25-2018
I feel like, at the moment, this show is Breaking Bad without "Half-Measures" and "Full Measures".

It's amazing TV, but it's lacking that iconic spark to take it to the next level. I was thinking that was going to happen this season, but it seems to be stuck in gear a bit. IDK, I feel like they've missed some opportunities this season, especially with Gus.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:31 PM 09-26-2018
I like the Nacho storyline the most so far. I'm okay with this season - I just want to see Jimmy be Saul like everyone else. They are trying to milk as many seasons out of this.
[Reply]
eDave 02:47 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like the Nacho storyline the most so far. I'm okay with this season - I just want to see Jimmy be Saul like everyone else. They are trying to milk as many seasons out of this.
He is Saul. He is doing Saul things. Turns Kim on too. She'll end up disbarred.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:28 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
He is Saul. He is doing Saul things. Turns Kim on too. She'll end up disbarred.
This. I’m not sure what people are waiting for. He’s already Saul.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:40 PM 09-26-2018
Do you think the series finale will focus on what happens to Kim? Otherwise, we know what happens to the rest of them. Maybe it will chronicle the stories of how both of them die(Kim in the past and Saul in present day).
[Reply]
notorious 05:18 PM 09-26-2018
Kim will be fine. Hell, she might be assisting Jimmy with other stuff during Breaking Bad.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:53 PM 09-26-2018
I'm ready to see Kim's tits.

Who's with me?!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:24 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Who's with me?!
Just now? I’ve been ready for years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:48 AM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Just now? I’ve been ready for years.
As long as we dont have to see Jimmy's junk or ass.:-)
[Reply]
rocknrolla 06:53 AM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Who's with me?!
I was hoping we would get a peek, when she got out of bed with Jimmy in this last episode.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:11 AM 09-28-2018
So they attempt one more big con, they get caught, Slippin Jimmy gets out of it somehow and turns full Saul but Kim is disbarred or maybe goes to jail. The end.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:17 AM 09-29-2018
Yeah at this point I'm curious what happens to Kim, current day Saul where he's alone and hating life.

Nacho being was good... hopefully I'll last 2 eps will ramp things up
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:03 AM 10-02-2018
:-) :-) - I couldn't be more proud of CP.

12 hours since a blockbuster episode and not a word. Why would that be?
[Reply]
Page 117 of 172
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Up