Media Center>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 trailer
DBOSHO 10:15 AM 04-30-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kDb...e_gdata_player

Looks intense. Im really looking forward to this. SMD if repost
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:10 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by luv:
I take it you haven't read the books?

Apparently not, since those two quotes are both word for word from the books. Glad they kept them though, as they were both good lines. Don't think the Dumbledore line is best ever, but whatever.
[Reply]
luv 07:23 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Apparently not, since those two quotes are both word for word from the books. Glad they kept them though, as they were both good lines. Don't think the Dumbledore line is best ever, but whatever.
It was one of my favorite quotes from the book. I'm just glad they put Molly's line in. People applauded at different moments. I'm not a fan of doing that, but I did clap a few times when she said it.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:34 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by DBOSHO:
Ive never seen a movie on rotten tomatoes over 90% before this one.
True Grit, Prisoner of Azkaban, Toy Story 3 were all over 90% just to name a few.

97% is ridiculously high though. Toy Story 3 wound up at 99% on RT.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:46 AM 07-15-2011
People applauded at different moments. I'm not a fan of doing that,
Why not?
[Reply]
luv 07:49 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why not?
I don't know. It's just not something I do.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:44 AM 07-15-2011
Of all the directors to grant license to add in little turds of their own, why the hell was Yates the one who got to do the most? His little "additions" sucked (although the Ron/Hermione kiss was pretty aweshum)
[Reply]
luv 10:17 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by SNR:
Of all the directors to grant license to add in little turds of their own, why the hell was Yates the one who got to do the most? His little "additions" sucked (although the Ron/Hermione kiss was pretty aweshum)
It was funny, but I thought it was a at a weird time.

And Rawlings had final approval of what did and didn't go into the movie (from what a friend told me).
[Reply]
JD10367 10:31 AM 07-15-2011
Saw the midnight opener. It pretty much validated my feelings when I listened to the audio only: it's definitely the best of Yates's work with the series, and if you haven't read the books it's a good conclusion to the series, but--if you've read the books--as a stand-alone film it felt a bit lacking. How a film that fairly closely followed the book, with all that emotion and action, could still feel lacking is a mystery, but the whole film was so damn quiet, with lots of still scenes and expressive faces and little dialogue and underexposed film--typical Yates. The entire sold-out crowd was deathly silent for most of it, aside from the odd obvious cheering scenes near the end (although there wasn't a sound when Voldemort bit it, which was weird.) As far as an actual interesting film goes, I'd place it around "Goblet", and below the first three films. Definitely better than "Phoenix" and "Price" and "Hallows Pt. 1". Potter film fans will love it; Potter book fans will find it a satisfying finish, if a bit understated; non-Potter fans will probably not care for it (although they'll probably like it better than the last three).
[Reply]
luv 10:49 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Saw the midnight opener. It pretty much validated my feelings when I listened to the audio only: it's definitely the best of Yates's work with the series, and if you haven't read the books it's a good conclusion to the series, but--if you've read the books--as a stand-alone film it felt a bit lacking. How a film that fairly closely followed the book, with all that emotion and action, could still feel lacking is a mystery, but the whole film was so damn quiet, with lots of still scenes and expressive faces and little dialogue and underexposed film--typical Yates. The entire sold-out crowd was deathly silent for most of it, aside from the odd obvious cheering scenes near the end (although there wasn't a sound when Voldemort bit it, which was weird.) As far as an actual interesting film goes, I'd place it around "Goblet", and below the first three films. Definitely better than "Phoenix" and "Price" and "Hallows Pt. 1". Potter film fans will love it; Potter book fans will find it a satisfying finish, if a bit understated; non-Potter fans will probably not care for it (although they'll probably like it better than the last three).
Very well put without giving anything away. The same thing happened in the theater I was in regarding Voldemort biting it. There was sooo much left out. The first part of the moving, up through after jumping off the dragon, seemed like it was on fast forward. They made up for it by what they did include that I feared they might not.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:03 AM 07-15-2011
I could never get into the Harry Potter Franchise.

I tried. Lord knows I tried. I love wizards and sorcercy and shit like that, but this series of movies bored me to death.

Wish I could like it.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:08 AM 07-15-2011
It was funny, but I thought it was a at a weird time.

And Rawlings had final approval of what did and didn't go into the movie (from what a friend told me).
My understanding is that Rawlings had final approval all along, and held it tightly. She also has absolute control over the characters, etc., so no movies without her say-so. No spin-offs or whatever to make a gazillion dollars just for the sake of it. Not without her approval anyway.
[Reply]
luv 11:58 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I could never get into the Harry Potter Franchise.

I tried. Lord knows I tried. I love wizards and sorcercy and shit like that, but this series of movies bored me to death.

Wish I could like it.
Books are much better.
[Reply]
JD10367 04:17 PM 07-15-2011
Books are much better.
Yes. This is one series where you HAVE to read the books. And do so while keeping in mind that the books "age" in appropriateness as the children in the books--or, potentially, the children reading the books--do. The first book seems very childlike and is an adequate reflection of the first film, but after that the books take on a much more adult tone but with so much more depth than a 2-hour film can give them. This is probably partially the reason why I think the first three films rocked, the fourth was okay, and the last four films were just "meh". (The other part of that reason is simply David Yates. Didn't care for his work at all.)

Another problem is that the first four books are true "Hardy Boys" detective novels. There's a mystery, the kids solve it. But starting with "Phoenix" that aspect got weaker. Even the "mystery" in "Half-Blood Prince" (that the Prince was Snape) wasn't done as well in the film as in the book. And the "mystery" in the final book (of the Deathly Hallows, and how Harry ultimately beats Voldemort) isn't done properly in the film.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:29 PM 07-15-2011
Also, I have to say, Neville longbottom's one scene reminded me so much of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Hilarious.
[Reply]
Lzen 05:32 PM 07-15-2011
Bio channel has been running some good harry potter stuff rge last few nights. Creating the world of hp and also a documentary that explains hp from the beginning in 1995. Interesting stuff if you're a fan.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up