ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which WR was the MOST disappointing in 2023?
Skyy Moore 76 35.68%
Kadarius Toney 133 62.44%
Justyn Ross 4 1.88%
Justin Watson 0 0%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Which WR Disappointed you Most in 2023?
el borracho 05:58 PM 03-28-2024
End result was great but everyone acknowledges that the 2023 Chiefs Wide Receivers were disappointing. The question is- who was the MOST disappointing?

Skyy Moore- 21 Receptions for 244 yards and 1 TD
Kadarius Toney- 27 Receptions for 169 yards and 1 TD
Justin Watson- 27 Receptions for 460 yards and 3 TD
Justyn Ross- 6 Receptions for 53 yards and 0 TD

I would have to say Toney was the most disappointing for me. He's the most talented of the above by a good margin and he looked great last year. I'm still not sure WTF happened? Team finished the season without him.

Justyn Ross was almost as disappointing for me. I realize he was an UDFA but dude had talent in college and his preseason was so strong I felt like dude was going to displace one of Watson or Moore.

I suppose I should be more disappointed in Moore but I just never saw any talent there. Dude is not big; he's not fast; doesn't stand out in any category. Honestly, I feel like Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle were both more talented than Moore so I just never had any expectations for the guy. Easily my least favorite in this position group.

Ok, I'm not really disappointed in Watson- he's exactly what you would expect for what we paid. Just thought I should include him in the poll because you know someone has got a bone to pick with the dude.

I'm not listing Rice because I assume no one has any real complaint about him at this time. Also, if you do- I don't really want to hear it.

So that's about it. Poll incoming...
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:13 AM 03-29-2024
The only correct answer is Toney. It's one thing to simply suck, but he's directly responsible for two of KC's losses. Buh-bye.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:35 AM 03-29-2024
I voted Toney but if you would have include MVS on this list (and you should have), I would have voted for him.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:41 AM 03-29-2024
Justin Watson has no business being on the list as an option.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:39 AM 03-29-2024
Moore and Toney were huge disappointments, but I planned on Toney having issues and being a lottery ticket.

I really thought Skyy would show up last year and at minimum be a “Dexter McCluster” for us and sadly, he made Dexter look like an all pro.

The position group need 2 more new faces to push everyone up/down.
[Reply]
scho63 09:42 AM 03-29-2024
A little shocked at the results of this.

We drafted Skyy and he has produced shit. Worst WR we drafted since Jon Baldwin.

Toney we picked up as scraps.
[Reply]
TEX 09:44 AM 03-29-2024
It was Toney for me. He was a former 1st round pick, and I figured the Giants didnt know how to get the most out of him. Figured KC could.

Had Skyy pegged for the terrible player he is from day 1. No surprise he flopped craptastickly.
[Reply]
wazu 09:50 AM 03-29-2024
Toney for sure. It's funny, in my Madden franchise he's really good. He and MVS both. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:45 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:

We drafted Skyy and he has produced shit. Worst WR we drafted since Jon Baldwin.

The poll says 2023 disappointment.

If we are talking overall dissatisfaction, sure Skyy wins, but I didn't have any 2023 expectations so how could I be disappointed?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:51 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
THANK YOU

I have no idea what people see in him [Toney]. He wastes a shitload of motion on cuts, not only can't catch the ball but manages to flip it up in the air, and is a complete ****ing moron.
He obviously has some open field, KR, skills and I don't remember anyone talking about him having unusual drop problems prior to this year.

Injuries, yes.

And clearly some red flags. I mean just why were the Giants letting a first round pick go for a third. It sounded like it was more than just the leg injury.

But the Giants saw enough to make him a first round pick after all.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:13 PM 03-29-2024
Toney and Moore were almost equal for me. Toney for his consistent blunders and disappearances, and Moore for just not showing anything. I could see Toney bouncing back and having a solid year, but I don't have much faith in Moore ever producing.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:15 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Toney and Moore were almost equal for me. Toney for his consistent blunders and disappearances, and Moore for just not showing anything. I could see Toney bouncing back and having a solid year, but I don't have much faith in Moore ever producing.
For me it was Sky.

I had 0 expectations and thought he would be a bust. That said I figured they'd stick him out there to prove he wasn't and he'd end up with a bunch of possession catches and inflated stats because Mahomes.

Uh, no. Actually he was useless in every possible way and managed to look like shit even while being propped up. It might be the most pathetic performance by a KC WR I've ever seen...
[Reply]
KCJake 05:20 PM 03-29-2024
Toney. Most of us already knew Skyy sucked
[Reply]
kccrow 05:54 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:

I get that but Toney wasn't really "scraps" giving up a 3rd and 6th.

Our 3rd given up ended up being Tre Tucker drafted by the Raiders.

Toney had 27 rec for 169 yds and 1 td along with 11 runs for 31 yards
Tucker had 19 rec for 331 yds and 2 td to go with 10 runs for 77 yards

Hmm.

Our other pick ended up being CB Tre Hawkins who started some games but wasn't great. But when you think that DT/DE Dante Stills went 4 picks later and would have been a nice 2nd pass rusher at DT, it makes me sad.

Toney has been a waste of assets too.

Both of them suck, which is unfortunate. I really don't know wtf Skyy's problem is but I have to think it's purely between the ears. We know Toney's is in his head already
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:05 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Justin Watson has no business being on the list as an option.
^ its true he's been a blue chip Steady Freddy compared to the others, I got $100 that says he'll be here next year
[Reply]
xztop123 06:56 PM 03-29-2024
I never really understood the full cause of “busts” like Moore has been thus far

I do know that if I was in his position with the opportunity to cash in on a 50 million dollar contract in the future, I would be spending my entire summer in a frigging Airbnb as close to mahomes as I could to catch passes from him

It’s seems insane not to. At least until you cash in on the payday.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up