ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Lou Gossett Jr
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:47 AM 03-29-2024
One of my favorites has passed. Dude worked his ass off and was extraordinarily prolific. Too many movies and shows to even list... But for me, I'll never forget him from the Roots television mini-series, Officer and a Gentlemen, and maybe a little corny, but Diggstown. Cornier yet, his turn in Iron Eagle always stood out, and kinda made that piece of crap legit simply by his presence. See ya around big man...

https://apnews.com/article/louis-gos...82f3de22490a07
[Reply]
493rd 04:10 PM 03-29-2024
I loved him in Iron Eagle. RIP, Chappy.
[Reply]
alanm 05:24 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is one of my favorite movie fight scenes.

I saw this in a crowded theater when I was in high school. When Gossett nailed Gere in the crotch with that kick (3:40), pretty much every guy in the crowd doubled over and groaned. :-)
You know I have never seen this movie. Don't know why. Had Deborah Winger in it. She was railing our Gov at the time. Bob Kerry. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:38 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:

[Reply]
Frazod 05:56 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by alanm:
You know I have never seen this movie. Don't know why. Had Deborah Winger in it. She was railing our Gov at the time. Bob Kerry. :-)
You really should add that to your bucket movie list. It's a great film. Perhaps my favorite dramatic movie from that era.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:18 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You really should add that to your bucket movie list. It's a great film. Perhaps my favorite dramatic movie from that era.
I never thought it was that good and wouldn't recommend it to anybody, but my mom loved it. Maybe I'll have to rewatch it. The movie hasn't changed but I have.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 09:14 PM 03-29-2024
loved him in officer & gentleman, mayooo naze
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:25 AM 03-30-2024
Diggstown is a top 10 favorite movie of mine

RIP
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:12 AM 03-30-2024
some of the big ones are really getting up there.

I saw a picture of Gene Hackman out in public recently, and he doesn't look good at all.

RIP chappy.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:58 AM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Enemy Mine is my favorite.

I know the world doesn't care for that flick as much as I do but there should be dozens of memes from that one...
It's been so long I forgot about that one. Damn good movie.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:45 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
some of the big ones are really getting up there.

I saw a picture of Gene Hackman out in public recently, and he doesn't look good at all.

RIP chappy.
Pretty sure I looked at the same pic like 10 minutes ago, he was out with his wife at age 94... yeah man he looked rough, hardly recognizable

Eastwood won't be around much longer either at age 92 or 3, I'm dreading that one
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up