ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 837 of 3903
« First < 337737787827833834835836837 83883984084184788793713371837 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC Dan 04:59 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I kept track today.

I've taken my temperature 54 times. I worked for 4 hours in office today too.

Good Lord I'm insane.

Gonna spend the evening trying to relax, and look up some mindfulness and meditation later tonight or tomorrow
Oh, and most importantly, stop reading threads here that mention this pandemic in any way...
[Reply]
TLO 04:59 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Seriously, look up some CBT strategies.

Ask yourself "what are the chances my fear will come true" or tell yourself "I have handled being sick before and can do it again"
CBT has been very beneficial for me in the past. Things have just been a whirlwind for the past month.

Today I think what sent me over the proverbial edge was hearing that there was a positive case where my Mom works.

It was determined that the risk to staff was low and they are carrying on as normal.

I'll get through this. One day at a time.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:01 PM 03-27-2020
Kind of a bad look for GM to be the first company that Trump had to use the Defense Production Act powers to forcibly require to produce needed supplies, while they are flooding the TV airways with commercials promoting the opportunity to still purchase their vehicles from home during these "challenging times" (their wording in the commercials).
[Reply]
TLO 05:01 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
Oh, and most importantly, stop reading threads here that mention this pandemic in any way...
I do enjoy the "mostly" civil conversation on here though. It's typically much less alarmist than news sites, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I want to stay informed
[Reply]
eDave 05:03 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Kind of a bad look for GM to be the first company that Trump had to use the Defense Production Act powers to forcibly require to produce needed supplies, while they are flooding the TV airways with commercials promoting the opportunity to still purchase their vehicles from home during these "challenging times" (their wording in the commercials).
Are you lost?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:04 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Are you lost?
What's political about that post?
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:04 PM 03-27-2020
I do enjoy the "mostly" civil conversation on here though. It's typically much less alarmist than news sites, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I want to stay informed
You only need to look once to stay informed. Get your information that day and move along.

Saying CP isn't as alarmist as news sites, facebook and Twitter is odd to me considering this thread is comprised of pastes from news sites, facebook and twitter...mixed in with the likes of GoChiefs and Oaklandhater etc.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:05 PM 03-27-2020
Interview with Fauci from 2019 on Rubensteins show now
[Reply]
TLO 05:06 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You only need to look once to stay informed. Get your information that day and move along.

Saying CP isn't as alarmist as news sites, facebook and Twitter is odd to me considering this thread is comprised of pastes from news sites, facebook and twitter...mixed in with the likes of GoChiefs and Oaklandhater etc.
Oaklandhater is on ignore.
Clay is mostly posting positive things now - even if they are a bit loony

There's also a lot of good discussion going on though. Information about theraputics. Acts of kindness by businesses. Good stuff.
[Reply]
eDave 05:08 PM 03-27-2020
Sometimes ignorance IS bliss, Smoke. Though I do understand your concern about your mom.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:13 PM 03-27-2020
Cbt just can mean call out what you see. White desk cold air etc. It doesn't seem like much but calling out verbally your experience keeps you from living in your head which is not a way to live life.
[Reply]
TLO 05:15 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Sometimes ignorance IS bliss, Smoke. Though I do understand your concern about your mom.
It's my family, my clients, my co-workers, my friends, myself, everyone.

I know my worrying does no good for any of us. I'll I can do is take the universal precautions and put them into action. And make sure my staff are doing it for the clients we care for as well.
[Reply]
eDave 05:16 PM 03-27-2020
There you go. So find peace in that.
[Reply]
TLO 05:16 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Cbt just can mean call out what you see. White desk cold air etc. It doesn't seem like much but calling out verbally your experience keeps you from living in your head which is not a way to live life.
Ol Jimmy's brother did that in Better Call Saul.
[Reply]
eDave 05:17 PM 03-27-2020
Ol Jimmy's brother did that in Better Call Saul.
He killed himself.
[Reply]
Page 837 of 3903
« First < 337737787827833834835836837 83883984084184788793713371837 > Last »
Up