ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 337 of 3903
« First < 237287327333334335336337 3383393403413473874378371337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 04:23 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yikes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...pore-hong-kong
Case numbers, yes. But Italy is suffering a CFR of almost 8%. We aren't. Not even close. China is half that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:25 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Case numbers, yes. But Italy is suffering a CFR of almost 8%. We aren't. Not even close. China is half that.
CFR?
[Reply]
Bwana 04:26 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
many people on the right don't want to acknowledge this.

Still a few hold outs on the left as well but calling it a flu is ****ing retarded at this point.
Stop
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:26 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I think there have been 2 confirmed cases of re-infection. Chicken Pox does the same thing. Acquired immunity isn't 100% effective, obviously. Never has been for any virus anywhere.

Again I guess I just have to ask - if you're not on board with the possibility of acquired immunity being effective long-term, is your solution ultimately a vaccine or bust? And given that most people seem to think that a vaccine is probably still a year out, are you really advocating for a 12 month shutdown of the nation to prevent spread while we figure it out?

From every one of these simulations, the biggest gun in our arsenal IS acquired immunity. If that's not a thing that happens, NONE of this matters. You can't 'flatten the curve' because the eligible population never reduces. That's what I think most people that note that curve seem to be missing. the curve trickles away BECAUSE of acquired immunity so if you want to operate in a world where we can't rely on it, then just chuck all this shit out the window because none of those curves are relevant.

So again - there's an admittedly fine line to walk here. But I don't think the answer is to just keep ratcheting in one direction. In the end you'll go back to where we started.
I think for now we are doing the right thing and hopefully socially distancing ourselves and spring time will buy us enough time until winter and a hopeful vaccine.

Also I honestly don't believe though that this just started popping up this month. I believe it has been here longer and more smarter people than me like this scientist from John Hopkins has been researching this. Look at MO and she said they have been in contact with Mo Dept of Health about this. My girlfriend had all the symptoms and signs of the cornovirus back in February.

[Reply]
Donger 04:27 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
CFR?
Case fatality rate.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:28 PM 03-16-2020
That many people infected will put more stress on our healthcare system and would continue to ruin the economy though.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:29 PM 03-16-2020
Case fatality rate.
ty
[Reply]
Donger 04:29 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
today is my last day of work.

I got one more check coming than I have no idea how I'm gonna pay my share of rent.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/tech/...rus/index.html
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:29 PM 03-16-2020
Let's see them justify it. Many have already grounded 20% of their fleet or more.
they treat us like cattle. Completely forgot what customer service is. Let their stewardess’s behave like dictators on planes. Act like they are doing us a favor by giving us a bag of peanuts. Fuck them. The government can run them and treat us like shit just fine. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 04:29 PM 03-16-2020
I don't know WTF is going on with Italy. I mean yeah, we know about their aging population and what not but they are running twice and closer to three times the global average in mortality rate.

Meanwhile we have dropped from 2.5% last week to between 1.7%-1.8% this week. Even has our cases increase we at least for the time being are holding that level. Hopefully it goes down more.

But we certainly do not seem to be on the path of Italy at this point.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:30 PM 03-16-2020
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/uw-...F6EYHTVBH22GI/

University of Washington has drive-thru testing going already. I imagine this will be happening everywhere soon. Good thing, too, I'll ignore that Los Angeles would get everybody back into their cars to get tested
[Reply]
Donger 04:30 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That many people infected will put more stress on our healthcare system and would continue to ruin the economy though.
Yes, it will. That's why it's up to every American (regardless of age) to take common sense precautions as best they can.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:31 PM 03-16-2020
I just received a notice from LAUSD that any student, K-12, that doesn't currently have internet access or speeds greater than 100 mbps can get free internet access with a wireless router from Charter/Spectrum.

It sounds as if they're anticipating finishing the school year at home.
[Reply]
Donger 04:31 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they treat us like cattle. Completely forgot what customer service is. Let their stewardess’s behave like dictators on planes. Act like they are doing us a favor by giving us a bag of peanuts. **** them. The government can run them and treat us like shit just fine. :-)
Not if you have status.

:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 04:32 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/uw-...F6EYHTVBH22GI/

University of Washington has drive-thru testing going already. I imagine this will be happening everywhere soon. Good thing, too, I'll ignore that Los Angeles would get everybody back into their cars to get tested
Well, the President said on Friday it would start this week. It's good to see it is. And we owe thanks to Wal-Mart and Target and others for opening up their parking lots to help this.

This is how we are going to deal with as compared to the rest of the world. Public-Private partnership.
[Reply]
Page 337 of 3903
« First < 237287327333334335336337 3383393403413473874378371337 > Last »
Up