ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1237 of 3903
« First < 23773711371187122712331234123512361237 123812391240124112471287133717372237 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:51 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
HMMMM Dr. Siegel might disagree with you...

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-ma...oxychloroquine

Dr. Marc Siegel, a Fox News medical contributor, told “Tucker Carlson Tonight”
:-) Can you provide something for its scientific proof other than an appearance on a right wing partisan TV opinion show? Like a published peer reviewed article in the New England Journal of Medicine? Or any other non-partisan scientific group?
[Reply]
SupDock 02:53 PM 04-08-2020
Except for where it has been effective I agree it isn't effective.....:-)
Believe what you will, but that doesn't change reality.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
COVID-19 isn't a virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a virus. SARS-CoV-2 causes COVID-19.
Folks - there's no room for easy shorthands or colloquialisms when discussing health issues on a football board.

Henceforth in this kingdom it is imperative that you not suggest anyone on CP die in an AIDS fire. It will now be known as an 'AIDS resulting from HIV' fire.

Remember when we went over the whole pedantic thing a bit ago?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:53 PM 04-08-2020
"Particularly encouraging" equals "gushed"? GTFO
For comparison to his current position, one could argue that is the most that man can gush
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:54 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

Yea, he's really gushing it up there. WOW, he said it was encouraging. BFD
Particularly encouraging.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:54 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Because it hasn't been show to be effective in a decent-sized, controlled trial yet. That's why.

I presume most here know why some people here are pushing this, and why. That's why it should stay in DC where it belongs for now.
Yup!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:54 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Believe what you will, but that doesn't change reality.
Reality is people on the ground saying it is working, reality is governments acquiring the drug in massive amounts.

Evidence of it being effective does exist. You choose to wait for a "official" report. Thats fine but claiming there is zero evidence is a outright lie.
[Reply]
Donger 02:55 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Folks - there's no room for easy shorthands or colloquialisms when discussing health issues on a football board.

Henceforth in this kingdom it is imperative that you not suggest anyone on CP die in an AIDS fire. It will now be known as an 'AIDS resulting from HIV' fire.

Remember when we went over the whole pedantic thing a bit ago?
I posted that in response to the doctor in the video that pete posted. I'd like to think that such an expert wouldn't make such a stupid error.
[Reply]
eDave 02:55 PM 04-08-2020
HMMMM Dr. Siegel might disagree with you...

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-ma...oxychloroquine

Dr. Marc Siegel, a Fox News medical contributor, told “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Tuesday that his 96-year-old father was recently weak and struggling to breathe but recovered after he was administered an anti-malaria drug and antibiotics.

Siegel was discussing hopeful signs that hydroxychloroquine has shown in recent studies when combined with antibiotics for coronavirus treatment.

Siegel said his father, who lives in Florida, recently complained about weakness, shortness of breath and feared that he was going to die.

Siegel said that his father’s cardiologist prescribed hydroxychloroquine and antibiotics and the combination proved effective.

"He got up the next day and was fine,” Siegel said.

President Trump has been criticized by some in the media for advocating the unproven drug and has been accused of peddling false hope.

While scientists are suggesting hydroxychloroquine could be an effective treatment, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, cautioned against jumping to any conclusions without thorough research.

State Rep. Karen Whitsett of Detroit told "The Ingraham Angle" on Monday that if it wasn't for Trump pushing the drug through the Food and Drug Administration's approval process for off-label use and touting it repeatedly during his daily press briefings, she may not have made it through her fight with the disease.

"I really want to say that you have to give this an opportunity," she said. "For me, it saved my life. I only can go by what it is that I have gone through and what my story is, and I can't speak for anyone else. So that's not what I'm trying to do here. I'm only speaking for myself."

Siegel pointed out what he saw as some “interesting” developments with the drug, including a recent small study in France that could indicate that the combination could reduce the amount of “circulating virus.”

He said there is also preliminary evidence that the combination may reduce the inflammation that leads to pneumonia in some cases.
Haha. WTF is this shit?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:56 PM 04-08-2020
Particularly encouraging.
Considering he said that about cells in a lab dish as opposed to the people currently showing that is working on the ground. Yeah I'd say his attitude is a little different.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:57 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Never heard of this guy so let's check his profile to see what qualifications he has - "author of The Legacy of Jihad, The Legacy of Islamic Antisemitism, Sharia Versus Freedom."

He's one of those people.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:58 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) Can you provide something for its scientific proof other than an appearance on a right wing partisan TV opinion show? Like a published peer reviewed article in the New England Journal of Medicine? Or any other non-partisan scientific group?
I think you need to read the article a little more slowly then take it to DC.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:58 PM 04-08-2020
Reality is people on the ground saying it is working, reality is governments acquiring the drug in massive amounts.

Evidence of it being effective does exist. You choose to wait for a "official" report. Thats fine but claiming there is zero evidence is a outright lie.
Pretty amazing people keep clinging to the "zero evidence" argument.
[Reply]
Donger 02:58 PM 04-08-2020
Considering he said that about cells in a lab dish as opposed to the people currently showing that is working on the ground. Yeah I'd say his attitude is a little different.
Again, because it hasn't been show to be effective in a decent-sized, controlled trial yet. That's why.

You're just proving that fact with this tripe.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:59 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Haha. WTF is this shit?
People saying it worked for them or their loved ones???? :-)
[Reply]
Page 1237 of 3903
« First < 23773711371187122712331234123512361237 123812391240124112471287133717372237 > Last »
Up