ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>JJ Watt released
Sure-Oz 08:48 AM 02-12-2021
@RapSheet: The #Texans are releasing star JJ Watt, source said.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:29 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Honestly, I’d be fine with them signing Linsley and putting Allegretti at LG this year.

Draft Little or Hudson in the draft and start them at LT next year. Then we just need to find a RG between now and then to replace Niang when he moves to RT.
Allegreti should get a chance to earn the job, but an upgrade there wouldn’t bother me. Allegreti is a good run blocker, but was beaten in pass protection a lot more than I’m ok with from that LG spot to be considered the long term fix at the position.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:30 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fisher counts $12M against the cap and will almost certainly get an extension. He's going to be here beyond 2022. Niang is your most likely candidate to take over at RT after Schwartz.

This line will have new additions over the next 2 years for sure but not "several". Don't count on that.
Is 2 “several”?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 04:41 PM 03-02-2021
Watt is now 230 miles from the Grand Canyon. 243 miles from Las Vegas & the black hole.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:55 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The Chiefs win loss record with and without Fisher is enough to make logical people want to draft a LT that can play LG until he can take over at LT.
I'm sorry Dude, I just have to stop right here. The Chiefs need to draft players for a specific position and LEAVE THEM THERE.

Drafting Fisher to be the left tackle, only to move him to the right side, was disastrous on many levels. The Chiefs should have traded Albert if that was their plan but instead, Fisher struggled and Albert walked.

The Super Bowl was a perfect example of what happens when players play out of position. Reid should have started Rankin at Left Tackle, then left every other guy in their positions, from Allegretti to Remmers.

Instead, Reid decided to flip Remmers, insert Wiz and move Wylie to Right Tackle FOR THE SUPER BOWL!!!! Reid may be a genius and all but that decision was the exact opposite of genius.

If the Chiefs draft a left tackle, they should move on from Fisher. If they draft a Right Tackle, they should move on from Schwartz.

Moving these guys up and down the line benefits NO ONE.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:58 PM 03-02-2021
Is 2 “several”?
No.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:59 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm sorry Dude, I just have to stop right here. The Chiefs need to draft players for a specific position and LEAVE THEM THERE.

Drafting Fisher to be the left tackle, only to move him to the right side, was disastrous on many levels. The Chiefs should have traded Albert if that was their plan but instead, Fisher struggled and Albert walked.

The Super Bowl was a perfect example of what happens when players play out of position. Reid should have started Rankin at Left Tackle, then left every other guy in their positions, from Allegretti to Remmers.

Instead, Reid decided to flip Remmers, insert Wiz and move Wylie to Right Tackle FOR THE SUPER BOWL!!!! Reid may be a genius and all but that decision was the exact opposite of genius.

If the Chiefs draft a left tackle, they should move on from Fisher. If they draft a Right Tackle, they should move on from Schwartz.

Exactly.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:50 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The super bowl was an example of what happens when you don’t have a playable option behind Fisher.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:11 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Of course the OL is a top concern. Nobody has ever insinuated that it isn't.

But let's not forget that this conversation started with you suggesting that pursuing JJ Watt would distract the Chiefs from addressing the line, as if the team is unwilling or unable to focus on more than one priority at a time. That's really all I took exception to. The Chiefs can do more than one thing and still be successful. Not focusing 100% on the line doesn't mean they're ignoring it.

You need not worry - the Chiefs WILL address the offensive line. No, they're not going to overhaul the line and yes, it looks like Fisher and Schwartz will probably be your starting tackles next year but that doesn't mean it's going to be status quo. If anything, Veach has shown that he's not satisfied with that and he will be aggressive if necessary.

We haven't heard anything because the offseason hasn't officially started. Free agency doesn't start until March 17th so outside of the one-off cuts like Watt, you're not going to hear about a lot of activity. The fact that we've finally heard news on Fisher and Schwartz is promising considering they had said nothing leading up to now, especially with Schwartz being in radio silence for months.

Finally, don't conflate what I want with what I think will actually happen. I'm not at all "content" with the idea of a line that is Fisher - Wylie - possibly Reiter - LDT - Schwartz next season. I would not consider that ideal. But I do consider that LIKELY. I think they're working on a long-term plan here and it's possible that they're making moves this year for 2022, not 2021. In fact, several people have mentioned that Veach operates this way, so we need to be patient and let it play out.
Worry is a strong word, but I'd be fibbing if I didn't say I'm concerned that they'll have too much faith that both Fish and Schwartz will come back and be 100% (and play the whole season), and the two opt-outs will come back and be ready to play like they didn't lose a season. Perhaps the latter will mean they have a year less wear-and-tear on their bodies, but that's very optimistic IMO.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:13 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Worry is a strong word, but I'd be fibbing if I didn't say I'm concerned that they'll have too much faith that both Fish and Schwartz will come back and be 100% (and play the whole season), and the two opt-outs will come back and be ready to play like they didn't lose a season. Perhaps the latter will mean they have a year less wear-and-tear on their bodies, but that's very optimistic IMO.
Guys miss entire seasons all the time without it affecting their careers.

It should be no different for Niang or LDT.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:16 PM 03-02-2021
The super bowl was an example of what happens when you don’t have a playable option behind Fisher.
I think the Super Bowl is an example of what happens when the head coach isn't thinking clearly.

I have no idea how Martinas Rankin would have fared against the Bucs defense but I do know that the offensive line would have performed better as a whole had Reid started Rankin, Allegretti, Reiter, Wylie and Remmers.

If Rankin had struggled, Reid could give him some help or design plays away from his side.

Instead, everyone struggled and the offense fell apart.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:22 PM 03-02-2021
Exactly.

In b4 "it was a lot more than Fish..."
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:42 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Exactly.

In b4 "it was a lot more than Fish..."
Exactly wrong. Name us a team with a quality backup Left Tackle and if you find one, it won't be a 32 year old guy that spent the season at Right Tackle, only to be moved to the left side in the team's most important game of the year.

Again, this team was on its 4th Left Tackle, 4th Right Tackle, 4th Right Guard and 4th Left Guard but despite that, the Chiefs still won 14 games.

Allegretti started 11 straight games at Left Guard, Reiter played all but 2 games this season, Wylie started all but 2 games (New Orleans and San Diego) at Right Guard while Remmers started 11 games at Right Tackle. Rankin started and played well against the Chargers, especially considering he hadn't run with the 1st unit since October 2019.

Andy fucked himself and the team by overthinking the offensive line.

Or hell, maybe he didn't think about it all, which is more likely, considering the outcome.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:20 PM 03-02-2021
I think people need to realize that there isn’t a team out there that has above average starters at every offensive line position AND solid depth for each those guys as well. O-line play is down around the league for everyone.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 10:31 PM 03-02-2021
I’m glad we didn’t sign him. I think we dodged a bullet. He’s just become too unreliable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 AM 03-03-2021
How many teams have an above average BACKUP left tackle?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Up