ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 38
« First < 253132333435 363738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>JJ Watt released
Sure-Oz 08:48 AM 02-12-2021
@RapSheet: The #Texans are releasing star JJ Watt, source said.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:26 PM 03-02-2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:26 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I don't disagree with any of that, but to think that the OL isn't the primary concern, as evidenced by what we saw in the SB and the games leading up to the SB, well I think we should have heard more about possible acquisitions for the OL than we've heard.
Good fucking grief.

How many times does it need to be said that due to COVID Opt-Outs and injuries, the Chiefs had 2 different Left Tackles, 4 different Left Guards, 2 different Centers, 4 different Right Guards and 4 different Right Tackles? And all but two offensive lineman were starting at the natural position in the Super Bowl.

Any other team would have been lucky to win 4 games in that scenario, yet the Chiefs went 14-1 with Mahomes starting in 2020. The mere fact that they won the AFC Championship convincingly before losing Eric Fisher is outright fucking amazing.

This team needs to add a few Vets and draft a couple of offensive lineman for depth but outside of Center, the offensive line for 2021 is practically set.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Dude's an attention whore

SMH

What a clown.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:41 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm talking about building a team.

We've been to the Super Bowl twice in two years but because of how the most recent one played out, people are hyper panicked about going back to the offensive line play of the early 2000's while completely ignoring the fact that the rest of the team around that line wasn't even playoff quality, let alone Super Bowl quality.

You don't build a complete team by focusing all of your resources on one unit. The team has needs at DB, LB, DE, WR, and TE in addition to the needs on the OL. Put too much in the offensive line and somewhere else is going to suffer.

Of course, then people will just bitch about that. Me? I'd rather continue to play in, and potentially win, Super Bowls.
The blueprint for beating us in out there. Rush 4 drop 7.

KC should prepare for life after Fisher/Schwartz by drafting an OT they can groom to start in a year or 2.

Vera tilucker was brought up by Staylor in our conversation on this topic a few days ago, but Vera-Tucker shit the bed against the only NFL guy he faced...so I’m skeptical.

Imo we need to sign Linsley and draft OL somewhere in the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:42 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Dude's an attention whore

He now owns a Browns and Bills shirt. Serves him right.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:47 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good fucking grief.

How many times does it need to be said that due to COVID Opt-Outs and injuries, the Chiefs had 2 different Left Tackles, 4 different Left Guards, 2 different Centers, 4 different Right Guards and 4 different Right Tackles? And all but two offensive lineman were starting at the natural position in the Super Bowl.

Any other team would have been lucky to win 4 games in that scenario, yet the Chiefs went 14-1 with Mahomes starting in 2020. The mere fact that they won the AFC Championship convincingly before losing Eric Fisher is outright fucking amazing.

This team needs to add a few Vets and draft a couple of offensive lineman for depth but outside of Center, the offensive line for 2021 is practically set.
The Chiefs win loss record with and without Fisher is enough to make logical people want to draft a LT that can play LG until he can take over at LT.

Mahomes is amazing g in any scenario, but the whole offenses effectiveness goes way up when he has good OL play.

Drastically upgrading the OL will also...

Extend Pats career
Make CEH deadly
Make Hill and Hardman even more deadly on the deeper routes (teams won’t be able to drop everyone and still get pressure, giving speed more time to get separation)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The blueprint for beating us in out there. Rush 4 drop 7.

KC should prepare for life after Fisher/Schwartz by drafting an OT they can groom to start in a year or 2.

Vera tilucker was brought up by Staylor in our conversation on this topic a few days ago, but Vera-Tucker shit the bed against the only NFL guy he faced...so I’m skeptical.

Imo we need to sign Linsley and draft OL somewhere in the first 3 rounds.
Rush 4, drop 7 works really well when we're missing 4/5 of the starting offensive line. The Bills and other teams tried it and failed.

There's no blueprint.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 03-02-2021
The Chiefs win loss record with and without Fisher is enough to make logical people want to draft a LT that can play LG until he can take over at LT.

Mahomes is amazing g in any scenario, but the whole offenses effectiveness goes way up when he has good OL play.

Drastically upgrading the OL will also...

Extend Pats career
Make CEH deadly
Make Hill and Hardman even more deadly on the deeper routes (teams won’t be able to drop everyone and still get pressure, giving speed more time to get separation)
Drastically upgrading the OL is simply too costly. They'll have to spread it out over multiple seasons if they want that much turnover. They have too many other holes to fill to do it all at once.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:49 PM 03-02-2021
Rush 4, drop 7 works really well when we're missing 4/5 of the starting offensive line. The Bills and other teams tried it and failed.

There's no blueprint.
Pretty much every loss we’ve had with Pat has been opposing teams utilizing that strategy.

The point is, bolstering the OL is the “counter punch” to that strategy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:50 PM 03-02-2021
Pretty much every loss we’ve had with Pat has been opposing teams utilizing that strategy.

The point is, bolstering the OL is the “counter punch” to that strategy.
Pretty much every loss we've had where that strategy worked, we've had critical injuries. Namely Fisher, Hill, and even Mahomes himself.

And don't get me wrong, we shouldn't ignore the offensive line. We also should give it singular focus. This team is balanced. It needs to stay that way.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:52 PM 03-02-2021
Drastically upgrading the OL is simply too costly. They'll have to spread it out over multiple seasons if they want that much turnover. They have too many other holes to fill to do it all at once.
I think we are 2 players away from a dominant OL, if Fisher is able to stay healthy and top ten the next 4 years.

Fisher
______(draft pick from first 3 rounds)
______ (Linsley?)
Niang
Schwartz (Niang following him)

Dominant.

And doable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:53 PM 03-02-2021
I think we are 2 players away from a dominant OL, if Fisher is able to stay healthy and top ten the next 4 years.

Fisher
______ (Linsley?)
Niang

Dominant.

And doable.
I would probably agree but I think we'd be in the minority.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:55 PM 03-02-2021
Do people realize that both Schwartz and Fisher are free agents after this year and we are strapped for cap space currently. This line will have several new additions coming in 2022
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 03-02-2021

Fisher
______ (Linsley?)
Niang

Dominant.

And doable.
Honestly, I’d be fine with them signing Linsley and putting Allegretti at LG this year.

Draft Little or Hudson in the draft and start them at LT next year. Then we just need to find a RG between now and then to replace Niang when he moves to RT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:20 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Do people realize that both Schwartz and Fisher are free agents after this year and we are strapped for cap space currently. This line will have several new additions coming in 2022
Fisher counts $12M against the cap and will almost certainly get an extension. He's going to be here beyond 2022. Niang is your most likely candidate to take over at RT after Schwartz.

This line will have new additions over the next 2 years for sure but not "several". Don't count on that.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 38
« First < 253132333435 363738 >
Up