ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2263 of 4874
« First < 1263176321632213225322592260226122622263 226422652266226722732313236327633263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:32 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
No he would project HOF status for them all... I’m just saying that I’ll wait to see until I give up on them.
It’s reasonable to feel that way about your coaching staff because they’re new.

Elway is still running the show though and that’s the issue.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 08:24 PM 02-14-2019
Former Ravens DE Elvis Dumervil says Broncos trade for Flacco is "definitely desperate." "Flacco is no Peyton Manning. Flacco needs an offensive guru. If he doesn't have a coach who can coach him...the Sean Paytons, the Josh McDaniels, these kinda guys, he's gonna fail miserably in Denver."

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...cco-129107965/
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:04 PM 02-14-2019
Spotted at bowling tonight.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:34 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

The best player to ever wear #7 for the Donks.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:05 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

How the hell does that guy walk? He’s got a 16-lb ball!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:10 AM 02-15-2019
Elway has officially taken the bite out of the Mange. The pragmatists are having a heydey while the Elway haters are slipping even further in to disbelief and shock that Johnny Boy turned out to be not-so Superhuman after all.

It's funny watching them post the same shit so many of us did when Alex arrived:

"He's just a placeholder, we'll be drafting a QB in the first". :-)

No, no you won't. Because "Super GM" is now learning what it feels like to scramble just to keep his head above water. Elway may have come in swinging his balls, tossing cards, and throwing money, but he's crashed down to earth HARD after learning first hand that first round draft picks aren't going to automatically be all-stars just because they were picked by John Elway and wear an orange jersey.

They're still giving him credit and rope for 4 years of success when they don't realize that it was the actions undertaken in those 4 years that have directly led them to the abyss they are currently standing in front of.

It truly is like watching "the very worst of the Chiefs" over there right now. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:03 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Elway has officially taken the bite out of the Mange. The pragmatists are having a heydey while the Elway haters are slipping even further in to disbelief and shock that Johnny Boy turned out to be not-so Superhuman after all.

It's funny watching them post the same shit so many of us did when Alex arrived:

No, no you won't. Because "Super GM" is now learning what it feels like to scramble just to keep his head above water. Elway may have come in swinging his balls, tossing cards, and throwing money, but he's crashed down to earth HARD after learning first hand that first round draft picks aren't going to automatically be all-stars just because they were picked by John Elway and wear an orange jersey.

They're still giving him credit and rope for 4 years of success when they don't realize that it was the actions undertaken in those 4 years that have directly led them to the abyss they are currently standing in front of.

It truly is like watching "the very worst of the Chiefs" over there right now. :-)
Yeah, but for most... the first part of this run was great. They have a ring and two trips to the SB out of that stretch. Sure, it's ugly right now... but, in the grand scheme of things, it's only a been a couple of years of ugly. I said it then - that ealier run, bought me some time as I know it doesn't stay great forever.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:41 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by CrossCheck:
Former Ravens DE Elvis Dumervil says Broncos trade for Flacco is "definitely desperate." "Flacco is no Peyton Manning. Flacco needs an offensive guru. If he doesn't have a coach who can coach him...the Sean Paytons, the Josh McDaniels, these kinda guys, he's gonna fail miserably in Denver."

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...cco-129107965/
He was on 850AM KOA with Dave Logan and Rick Lewis and said the same thing. It was part of a segment where they were talking about how negative the national sports pundits were about this trade. DL and RL were doing their best to polish this turd trade for Denver but it didn't sound very sincere.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:57 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
He was on 850AM KOA with Dave Logan and Rick Lewis and said the same thing. It was part of a segment where they were talking about how negative the national sports pundits were about this trade. DL and RL were doing their best to polish this turd trade for Denver but it didn't sound very sincere.
It is what it is... I haven't heard from or read comments from any Broncos' fan that I know that was trying to polish it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:22 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It is what it is...
That's interesting you say that. That was a very common expression used to describe Alex Smith around these parts.

You're not getting a QB who plays like Alex, but you're definitely getting a guy with hard limits on what he's capable of accomplishing.

Reminds me a little of when the Raiders acquired Matt Schaub years ago...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:44 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That's interesting you say that. That was a very common expression used to describe Alex Smith around these parts.

You're not getting a QB who plays like Alex, but you're definitely getting a guy with hard limits on what he's capable of accomplishing.

Reminds me a little of when the Raiders acquired Matt Schaub years ago...
Quite possibly.
[Reply]
bowener 08:11 AM 02-15-2019
Idk if it is getting mentioned much, but this lateral move by Elway comes at a terrible time. He needs to be on the ball when it comes to FAs and drafts for the next few years. The Broncos currently sit in the same division as Mahomes. The Chiefs are poised to be in the same position that the colts were with Manning. Chiefs would be kings of a weaker division. Chargers are about to fall apart once they lose Rivers. Free agents aren't going to want to play for a team that nobody likes. Raiders are about to live in Vegas, possibly the worst city for young rich men... also Gruden is overrated.
[Reply]
TEX 08:11 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

No, no you won't. Because "Super GM" is now learning what it feels like to scramble just to keep his head above water. Elway may have come in swinging his balls, tossing cards, and throwing money, but he's crashed down to earth HARD after learning first hand that first round draft picks aren't going to automatically be all-stars just because they were picked by John Elway and wear an orange jersey.. :-)
See, Im hoping that Elway does actually draft Lock at #10. (Or another QB) because Lock is JAG among other JAGS, who aren't gonna amount to anything other than setting them further back. Though the Donktard wisdom on the Mange is, "The Chiefs got Mahomes at #10, so a Franchise QB can be drafted there." REALLY??? NOT IN THIS CLASS. BUT PLEASE TRY!!! :-)

IMO, the "best" QB in this class is the Heisman Midget from OU. (And I dont feel strong enough about that to debate anyone, or care enough to.) But he's nothing special at the pro level and is only coming out because the draft class blows.

It's all QB bad in Denver right now, and that means its ALL GOOD!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:13 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Idk if it is getting mentioned much, but this lateral move by Elway comes at a terrible time. He needs to be on the ball when it comes to FAs and drafts for the next few years. The Broncos currently sit in the same division as Mahomes. The Chiefs are poised to be in the same position that the colts were with Manning. Chiefs would be kings of a weaker division. Chargers are about to fall apart once they lose Rivers. Free agents aren't going to want to play for a team that nobody likes. Raiders are about to live in Vegas, possibly the worst city for young rich men... also Gruden is overrated.
We are going to be in the AFC Title game every year.

My only worry is that Reid burns himself out. Dude isn't going to want to retire in the next five seasons.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:31 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We are going to be in the AFC Title game every year.

My only worry is that Reid burns himself out. Dude isn't going to want to retire in the next five seasons.

Unfortunately, there is a good chance Reid will never ride off into the sunset or enjoy retirement. He’s either going to coach until an NFL team won’t have him or until he dies on the job.

That’s just who he is
[Reply]
Page 2263 of 4874
« First < 1263176321632213225322592260226122622263 226422652266226722732313236327633263 > Last »
Up