ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 10:04 AM 03-17-2020
I figured we could go ahead and start this.

I wasn't able to watch it today, but Sony had a live event where they unveiled the PS5 console. I don't really have an opinion on the appearance yet, but it can be vertical or horizontal.

Your first look at the #PlayStation5. pic.twitter.com/VCDfmVKCEl

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

...and here it is. Thanks for watching! #PS5 pic.twitter.com/pOzHc31X3G

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
lcarus 08:17 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Agreed or they should’ve went the classic ps1 grey
I love that classic Playstation gray. I have the 20th anniversary gray controller and it's by far my favorite. If and when they ever make a PS5 controller in that color I'll be all over it.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:49 AM 11-19-2020
Sony...let me give you my $$$....come on now lol....
[Reply]
Mecca 09:11 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Sony...let me give you my $$$....come on now lol....
Good luck, Sony sold a million at PS4 launch, right now there are only about 350k in US circulation, what's that tell you?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:11 AM 11-19-2020
I got mine from Nebraska Furniture Mart. On launch day where everyone was spamming sites for Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, Amazon and Target, I tried NFM and got a PS5 with disc added to my cart. They called me on Tuesday and told me it came in early so I headed up there to KCK to pick it up, along with five other cars in the line with PS5s being brought out to their car. Don't sleep on NFM.

Got Demon's Souls, Spiderman Miles Morales and bought the $70 version so I got Spiderman PS4 remastered, even though I already had Spiderman PS4. I got an extra controller, an Arctis 7p ordered from Best Buy and it should be here tomorrow, thought about the charging dock, but I can just play one controller and have the other one charging up on the cable, no need to spend $30 for dual charging imo.

Demon's Souls is a beautiful remake, I never played Demon's Souls on PS3, my first Souls game was Dark Souls, so playing this is like a new game for me. It plays slower than other Souls games, but it's a nice break of pace from Sekiro and Bloodborne, more meticulous and slower paced. Only past the first boss and onto the second, but it's just gorgeous. Blue Point, the company that remade Shadow of the Colossus, I felt the "remake" wasn't that impressive compared to the first, but this one is a complete rehaul graphically and it's super impressive.

I traded in my PS4 Pro because I have no need for it anymore. On Marketplace PS4 Pros are going for $200 and there are alot of them, so I just traded it into Gamestop to get my $175 of trade in credit and flipped it to Playstation Gift Cards. Now I have $105 left and I don't know what other game to get. Not sure if Assassin's Creed Valhalla is worth it, or COD Cold War, possibly The Pathless but with WoW Shadowlands coming out next Monday night I won't have time to really play much else so I'm trying to get as much Demon's Souls out of the way as possible.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:14 AM 11-19-2020
I'm sure Valhalla is good, I just usually wait out the AC games though cause usually within 6 months they'll have hey you can get the full game all DLC etc for 20 bucks.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:22 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm sure Valhalla is good, I just usually wait out the AC games though cause usually within 6 months they'll have hey you can get the full game all DLC etc for 20 bucks.
I wait for nearly every game for that reason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:04 AM 11-19-2020
PS5 and XBOX scalpers are being doxxed now. Figured that would happen.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
PS5 and XBOX scalpers are being doxxed now. Figured that would happen.
I honestly sort of wish I had bought one to sell considering what they're going for.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:14 AM 11-19-2020
That's the way I am. Honestly I play games serially, so I'm never playing more than one game at a time. The only way I would ever buy a game on launch day is if I had somehow just finished another game at exactly that time.
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:53 AM 11-19-2020
I'd advise against Valhalla, for the same reason I'd advise against Odyssey - it sucks. I played a lot of Odyssey and it was never very much fun. Looks great, but didn't feel great. The content was meh and the combat was repetitive and boring. SkillUp does great reviews that I trust and almost always agree with (except for The Last of Us 1 & 2), so I'd give this a watch before buying.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:55 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I'd advise against Valhalla, for the same reason I'd advise against Odyssey - it sucks. I played a lot of Odyssey and it was never very much fun. Looks great, but didn't feel great. The content was meh and the combat was repetitive and boring. SkillUp does great reviews that I trust and almost always agree with (except for The Last of Us 1 & 2), so I'd give this a watch before buying.

I haven't enjoyed an Assassin's Creed game since AC2 with Ezio. I found Black Flag to be entertaining, but I need games with stories. If I'm doing repetitive tasks for tens of hours and wasting my time, I need a payoff for that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:57 AM 11-19-2020
Cannot wait for Cyberpunk. Curious about Madden on the PS5.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:

I thought Odyssey was really good...Origins also. But for the other guy if you are use to games like AC2 or Brotherhood the newer ones are going to seem really weird to you because the games have changed drastically since then.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:27 PM 11-19-2020
I thought Odyssey was really good...Origins also. But for the other guy if you are use to games like AC2 or Brotherhood the newer ones are going to seem really weird to you because the games have changed drastically since then.
Agreed, I will defend the newer AC games all day, but fans of the earlier installments will find them to be very different. Personally, I like the more open-world maps, gear customization, etc.

The only area the new ones suffer is the modern day storyline. I never minded being yanked from the Animus to play as Desmond for a bit. Fucking HATED it after his story was finished.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Agreed, I will defend the newer AC games all day, but fans of the earlier installments will find them to be very different. Personally, I like the more open-world maps, gear customization, etc.
I generally don't listen to opinions on AC anymore. The most-hated installment in the series is Unity and I actually enjoyed it. Different strokes or whatever. I loved Origins just as much as I loved AC2. They're just different games. People are way too myopic about such things.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The only area the new ones suffer is the modern day storyline. I never minded being yanked from the Animus to play as Desmond for a bit. Fucking HATED it after his story was finished.
Honestly, that's my least favorite part. I could do without the modern storyline period. The historical stuff is what I love.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up