ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3316 of 4820
« First < 2316281632163266330633123313331433153316 331733183319332033263366341638164316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:12 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
So, where did I jump the shark?
:-)

(Still holding a spot for you on the Chiefs bandwagon. You're better than this.)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:14 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

(Still holding a spot for you on the Chiefs bandwagon. You're better than this.)
It will go unused.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:14 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I mean, who posts a graph insinuating that the Colts and Browns have better offenses than the Chiefs and Bills. :-)
I think you know(mo) very well who would do that.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:15 PM 09-23-2022
So, where did I jump the shark?
Originally Posted by :
So, how did SF beat SEA? One, they didn't let Geno look like Brady.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:33 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
:-):-):-) The $250 million dollar man! Looking more like the Fall Guy.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:35 PM 09-23-2022
So, how did SF beat SEA? One, they didn't let Geno look like Brady.

SF held the ball for 38 minutes, thanks to a 45 run / 15 pass ratio and they gained 189 rushing yards with 2 TDs. Denver only ran 20 times for 103 yards... slightly better RPC, but it is relevant because I think they should focus on leveraging Williams/Gordon more.

Wilson threw for 340 yards, 1 score and no picks.
Jimmy G threw for 184 yards, 1 score and no picks. (he had 1 rushing)

SF had a 3rd quarter blocked FG return for a TD that took them to 20-7.

SF didn't just walk in and beat the snot out of SEA.
Denver self imploded with the goal line miscues and 111 penalties (ok 12). And, that's on them... they had the same penalties in game 2.

Suggesting that SF is going to just stroll in and curb stomp Denver is just folly really. Sure, if Denver keeps up their bullshit mistakes, they should lose.

I think Denver sets a new bar for high score this year and defeats SF by the score of 17-16... kickers love the thin air.
The excuses are kind of sad.

You guys keep bringing up the two fumbles. Do you even remember the situations, or are you hoping that we don't?

The first was 3rd and goal, and Williams was blown up between the 3 and 4 yd line. So even if he doesn't fumble, Denver either has to pull off a tough 4th down conversion, or take the FG.

And on the other play, even if Gordon (known to fumble a lot) hadn't fumbled, it was a failed fourth down conversion.

Let's also not forget that they were near the goal line both times thanks to two PI calls on balls thrown up for grabs.

And if you're being honest, Wilson's TD throw to Jeudy would be batted down or picked off the vast majority of the time. He also had another pass thrown directly to a defender with no one else close.

The penalty excuse is pretty weak too. Houston had 6 fewer penalty yards than Denver, and Denver had twice as many first downs from penalties. A bunch of delay of game/false starts sprinkled throughout the game isn't really an excuse for not moving the ball or scoring.

The fact is that Denver's redzone offense has not been good. And their offense overall was not very good against Houston. Expecting that to magically change vs defenses that are far better than what they've seen so far is a little homerish. Not to mention expecting all the penalties and horrible coaching decisions to magically disappear.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:44 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It’s called put your money where your mouth is. Backup your mouth with a bet. Show us how smart you are!
Cracks me up when the blowhard types won't even agree to a small wager. Either they're really low income individuals or they have absolutely zero faith in their team and the BS they're spewing. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:58 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Cracks me up when the blowhard types won't even agree to a small wager. Either they're really low income individuals or they have absolutely zero faith in their team and the BS they're spewing. :-)
Yep, just goes to show that they may talk a lot of shit, but they KNOW their team can’t cover the check their mouths are writing. Zero faith, and just lip service.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:32 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The excuses are kind of sad.

You guys keep bringing up the two fumbles. Do you even remember the situations, or are you hoping that we don't?

The first was 3rd and goal, and Williams was blown up between the 3 and 4 yd line. So even if he doesn't fumble, Denver either has to pull off a tough 4th down conversion, or take the FG.

And on the other play, even if Gordon (known to fumble a lot) hadn't fumbled, it was a failed fourth down conversion.

Let's also not forget that they were near the goal line both times thanks to two PI calls on balls thrown up for grabs.

And if you're being honest, Wilson's TD throw to Jeudy would be batted down or picked off the vast majority of the time. He also had another pass thrown directly to a defender with no one else close.

The penalty excuse is pretty weak too. Houston had 6 fewer penalty yards than Denver, and Denver had twice as many first downs from penalties. A bunch of delay of game/false starts sprinkled throughout the game isn't really an excuse for not moving the ball or scoring.

The fact is that Denver's redzone offense has not been good. And their offense overall was not very good against Houston. Expecting that to magically change vs defenses that are far better than what they've seen so far is a little homerish. Not to mention expecting all the penalties and horrible coaching decisions to magically disappear.
A few things... you're assuming I'm trying to make an excuse. I get the fact that on the one fumble, it was essentially the same as going for it on 4th and missing it, creating a turnover on downs. Yes, Gordon has a knack for fumbling.

My point was - two goal line fumbles, remove one of them and it's a different story. But, you can't remove one of them, I get that. Yes, Denver's red zone offense has had issues. Hell, Washington caught a TD pass that was called back for holding I believe. Lots of stupid ass self-destructing actions have killed them.

The penalties... they've had 12 per game which is inexcusable. I'm not using it as an excuse.

And, no I'm not expecting all of that to just magically disappear. Anyway, I'm gonna let you guys beat up on Knowmo... later, enjoy the weekend.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:18 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Let's not forget that the streak is 13 and counting....Not 11. I know you know that.

He was asking why they gave the Donks the easiest start in history LAST year...in which KC was only up to 11 straight.

Of course I know it's 13...it's my favorite NFL stat. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:07 PM 09-23-2022
A few things... you're assuming I'm trying to make an excuse. I get the fact that on the one fumble, it was essentially the same as going for it on 4th and missing it, creating a turnover on downs. Yes, Gordon has a knack for fumbling.

My point was - two goal line fumbles, remove one of them and it's a different story. But, you can't remove one of them, I get that. Yes, Denver's red zone offense has had issues. Hell, Washington caught a TD pass that was called back for holding I believe. Lots of stupid ass self-destructing actions have killed them.

The penalties... they've had 12 per game which is inexcusable. I'm not using it as an excuse.

And, no I'm not expecting all of that to just magically disappear. Anyway, I'm gonna let you guys beat up on Knowmo... later, enjoy the weekend.
C'mon...you guys are constantly saying or implying that Denver only lost to Seattle/struggled with Houston due to the penalties and fumbles.

Again, even if Gordon and Williams had both held onto the ball, you're still looking at a maximum of 7 points from those drives, and that's only if they converted 4th and 4ish. It's far more likely that he would have kicked the FG.

Two PIs set them up with 1st and goal, and they failed to get into the endzone each time. That's all there really is to it.

I've seen a lot of "if we clean up the mistakes, we're fine" comments. What if the opponents cleaned up their mistakes? Houston's penalties gave Denver 4 first downs. Houston only got two first downs from penalties. What if Geno doesn't fail on 4th and inches (or if they got a better spot or took the FG, etc). What if they didn't fumble and give Denver a short field? Or drop easy interception balls.

I watched both games start to finish, and I just don't agree with the narrative that Denver was the far superior team that would have won going away if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot. I think the quality of those three teams is a lot closer than you guys want to admit.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:00 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
If you would've gotten what you thought you were getting you probably would've won a couple more.

You could've signed a Melvin Ingram tier player instead and still won the Super Bowl that year.
Honestly Alex Smith and a lot of other QB’s probably would have won the SB as Seattle’s QB the year they won it.

Wilson had 3 TD’s in 3 games and 175 yards avg passing.

He was basically Trent Dilfer
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:06 PM 09-23-2022
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...l-wilson-9885/

There you go...

I'm just going to sit back and see how these next three games go against the 49ers, Raiders and Colts. There's quite a bit for them to improve upon, without question.

Denver is 9th in team rushing @ 126 YPG with a 4.9 YPC average.
Denver is 16th in team rushing attempts - that's criminal and I said it before the season started, Denver needs to establish Williams early and often with a healthy mix of Gordon. Those two guys need to be the focus for this offense. Aside from the OL, a QBs best friend is a potent rushing attack and that is something Denver needs to better establish.

Would you be happy going 1-2 in the next 3 games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tredadda 06:11 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-) Now we have gone from yards per play to explosive pass play on at least 10.5% of dropbacks.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:15 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Broncos biggest play was highlighted by terrible defense, a horribly underthrown ball, and shit tackling :-)
KC scored more in Week 1 than the Broncos did against two bottom feeders in two weeks……..by 12. But hey, yards per play and explosive pass plays.
[Reply]
Page 3316 of 4820
« First < 2316281632163266330633123313331433153316 331733183319332033263366341638164316 > Last »
Up