ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 691 of 3903
« First < 191591641681687688689690691 69269369469570174179111911691 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:24 AM 03-24-2020
Doctors are hoarding medications touted as possible coronavirus treatments by writing prescriptions for themselves and family members, according to pharmacy boards in states across the country.

The stockpiling has become so worrisome in Idaho, Kentucky, Ohio, Nevada, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Texas that the boards in those states have issued emergency restrictions or guidelines on how the drugs can be dispensed at pharmacies. More states are expected to follow suit.

Source
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:26 AM 03-24-2020

[Reply]
Donger 10:26 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I haven't read back through the thread but this is ****ing scary. They found the virus on the Diamond Princess 17 days later.
Identified doesn't mean still transmissible or infectious.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:30 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Some might find this interesting:

http://theconversation.com/coronavir...to-come-134076
Too many numbers for most on here to understand.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:32 AM 03-24-2020

That should kill all the comparisons. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 03-24-2020

That's interesting thanks for sharing.

It interests me to know the amount of asymptomatic carriers and pts. Some are speculating there could be an iceberg of those under the surface which wouldn't be good initially.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:36 AM 03-24-2020
Sedgwick County issues 30 Day Stay at Home order

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
Sedgwick County has issued a stay-at-home order, with many exceptions, in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The county now has four confirmed cases.

Lists of exceptions and essential businesses

The County Commission discussed and voted 3-2 during a special meeting Monday afternoon. It sent the measure to the county's top heath officer, Dr. Garold Minns, who signed the order on Tuesday. It goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday and will be in effect for 30 days, but that is subject to change.

Meitzner said Monday that the order is not a lockdown or shutdown. It's an encouragement to stay at home.

Similar orders for Atchison, Dickinson, Douglas, Doniphan, Johnson, Leavenworth, Lyon, Miami and Wyandotte counties went into effect Tuesday.

"These stay-at-home orders require that residents not venture out unless they are engaged in activities that are essential to the health and safety of themselves, family members or friends," Gov. Laura Kelly said Monday. "These essential activities include, but are not limited to, seeking medical attention, purchasing food and filling up gas tanks."

Grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and health care facilities will remain open. Examples of essential businesses and services that will remain open include critical governmental services, infrastructure projects, childcare, health care, grocery stores, pharmacies and delivery/carry-out/drive-through services from restaurants.

Outdoor activities like going on a run would also be allowed while maintaining social distancing.

Sedgwick County has four confirmed cases of the virus. There are now at least 84 confirmed cases in Kansas, most of them in the Kansas City area.

A statewide ban on public gatherings of more than 10 people also went into effect Tuesday.

Currently, 89 of Kansas' 105 counties do not have a confirmed positive case, which is why a statewide shelter-in-place order "is not yet a necessary course of action," Gov. Kelly said Monday.

Below are the lists of exceptions and essential businesses, according to Monday's draft of the order.

Exceptions to Sedgwick County's stay-at-home order include:

To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members, including pets.
To obtain necessary services for themselves and their family or household members.
To engage in outdoor activities with social distancing.
To perform work at an essential business.
To care for a family member or pet in another household.
To work for or obtain health-care operations.
To provide any services or perform work necessary for essential infrastructure.
Essential businesses include:

Health-care operations, essential infrastructure and essential government functions.
Grocery stores, farmer's markets, produce stands, convenience stores, other businesses that sell food.
Food cultivation businesses.
Animal-processing businesses.
Businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services.
Media services.
Gas stations and auto supply/repair.
Banks and financial institutions.
Hardware stores.
Services such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, construction, janitorial, security staff, HVAC, moving services, lawn care.
Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes.
Educational institutions.
Laundromats, dry cleaners and laundry service providers.
Restaurants, but only for drive-through and carryout services.
Businesses that supply products needed to work from home.
Businesses that ship or delivery groceries.
Taxis, aircraft, commercial transportation and logistics providers.
Home-based care for seniors, adults and children.
Residences and shelters for seniors, adults and children.
Professional services: lawyers, accountants, real-estate services, insurance services.
Child-care facilities, in groups of 10 or fewer children.
Mortuary, cremation and burial services.
Hotels and motels, though it cannot be used for conventions or large gatherings.
Manufacturing companies, distributor and supply chain companies providing essential services for a variety of industries.
Leaders and employees of religious institutions.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:46 AM 03-24-2020
Holy crap.

21 million fewer cellphone users in China may reveal true death toll

https://metrovoicenews.com/21-millio...-q3O7E7D8NGCo0
[Reply]
Donger 10:47 AM 03-24-2020
California showing 133 new cases today. Keep at it, you guys.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 03-24-2020
I'm gonna say that's from not testing.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:52 AM 03-24-2020
My wife and I are seriously doing our part, but we still have to exit the house. But we are doing the best we can to stay the hell away from others.

I do think NYC is going to be worse than LA though. While they are both huge cities, LA isn't condensed like New York, and most here don't use public transportation.
[Reply]
Donger 10:53 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm gonna say that's from not testing.
Well, they obviously are testing. But I get what you're saying. We have to work with the numbers we have.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Holy crap.

If that is true, that is serious as fuck and why everyone is flipping out.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
My wife and I are seriously doing our part, but we still have to exit the house. But we are doing the best we can to stay the hell away from others.

I do think NYC is going to be worse than LA though. While they are both huge cities, LA isn't condensed like New York, and most here don't use public transportation.
I just exit the house without pants on, it works for social distancing.
[Reply]
TLO 10:56 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Holy crap.

This is essentially tabloid gossip.
[Reply]
Page 691 of 3903
« First < 191591641681687688689690691 69269369469570174179111911691 > Last »
Up