ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1701 of 3903
« First < 701120116011651169116971698169917001701 170217031704170517111751180122012701 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcxiv 10:37 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
This virus has been around for 2/3 months. How do the doctors know what lies 8 months out?
I was just relaying what he said the doctors told him. There is an interview go look at it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 PM 04-28-2020
So dirk you can rest easy, it looks like the kids in the UK that were having the health issues didn't test positive for COvid
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:59 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
So basically, if you are old and sickly you probably won't die if you are young and healthy you have an even better chance of surviving. :-)
Another interesting find regarding Vit D:

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....ZvYqW0.twitter

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/vitam...cle-card_title

Eat your egg yolks and get your sun my friends.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:35 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20075838v1
Sounds like near half of US adult and teens are Vit D deficient , so finding many COVID patients that have it isn't surprising especially in elderly, obese, chronic kidney and liver disease .
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:18 AM 04-29-2020
Some very positive news

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...0429005415/en/

Originally Posted by :

Gilead Sciences. Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) is aware of positive data emerging from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases’ (NIAID) study of the investigational antiviral remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19. We understand that the trial has met its primary endpoint and that NIAID will provide detailed information at an upcoming briefing.

Remdesivir is not yet licensed or approved anywhere globally and has not yet been demonstrated to be safe or effective for the treatment of COVID-19. Gilead will share additional remdesivir data from the company’s open-label Phase 3 SIMPLE trial in patients with severe COVID-19 disease shortly. This study will provide information on whether a shorter, 5-day duration of therapy may have similar efficacy and safety as the 10-day treatment course evaluated in the NIAID trial and other ongoing trials. Gilead expects data at the end of May from the second SIMPLE study evaluating the 5- and 10-day dosing durations of remdesivir in patients with moderate COVID-19 disease.

Gilead will continue to discuss with regulatory authorities the growing data set regarding remdesivir as a potential treatment for COVID-19.

[Reply]
Donger 07:27 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
LOL. *looks at Donger, points at my crotch*
:-)

Originally Posted by Bowser:
I will own that I took that video to mean something more than it was, possibly. Maybe even go as far as falling for some confirmation bias I found in the words of those two doctors. It's clear that more testing needs to be done before we "conclusively" can state numbers on the scale they are suggesting.

However, if their lead detractor Dr. Carl Bergstrom of the University of Washington has anything else to say than "They've used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible" I would be all ears. In fact, I think he really should explain how he came to that conclusion, especially in the face of what's being accused of the two doctors.

Also, let the record show that the Orange County Register is the one that took it political by pointing out how the two doctors were going on to Laura Ingraham's show, and how their story were making the rounds on "right wing media". Additionally, the article goes on to allege the two doctors are in this for fame and fortune, but never really shows WHY what they're saying is indeed not factual outside the lack of more wide spread testing.

Not sure if these two are 100% correct or incorrect, but it sure is telling how the media subtly tries to paint them in a certain light.
Good for you.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:29 AM 04-29-2020
Huge fucking news

[Reply]
petegz28 07:42 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Some very positive news

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...0429005415/en/
Huge ****ing news

Didn't the WHO just shit all over this drug last week?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:44 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Ehh, they need to stratify their data better, to be honest.

The IFR per 100K for flu was the following last year (inclusive of those with comorbidities)

18-49: 20
51-64: 61

Compare that to COVID in patients that don't have comorbidities from this study: 82/100K for 18-69.

You have a healthier population that is dying at a substantially higher rate.
They did include deaths due to comorbidities based on this statement from the release:

Originally Posted by :
Using available data on fatalities and population numbers a combined IFR in patients younger than 70 is estimated at 82 per 100,000 (CI: 59-154) infections. Conclusions: The IFR was estimated to be slightly lower than previously reported from other countries not using seroprevalence data. The IFR, including only individuals with no comorbidity, is likely several fold lower than the current estimate. This may have implications for risk mitigation.
As I have stated before from all the links I have posted, the flu, specifically H1N1 and 2017-2018 was much more harmful to the young and healthy than Covid-19. Therefore, if you extract deaths out of those with comorbidities and under age 70, it would be similar or less than some flu's in the past for the young and healthy...

^this^ from an inititial IFR from 3-6%. Again, I get why we took the measures that we did, but it is time that everyone understand the true risk and open back up in unison based on science.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:47 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Sounds like near half of US adult and teens are Vit D deficient , so finding many COVID patients that have it isn't surprising especially in elderly, obese, chronic kidney and liver disease .
Vitamin D is also one of the few nutrients we produce by exposure to the Sun. We should probably be getting out of our houses at some point.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:51 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Not that I am aware of. We need more drugs like this to fully reopen our country prior while we wait for a vaccine. this is a very big deal
[Reply]
petegz28 07:51 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Vitamin D is also one of the few nutrients we produce by exposure to the Sun. We should probably be getting out of our houses at some point.
The official statement has always been: You need to get outside. Just stay inside while you do it!

:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 07:52 AM 04-29-2020
Not that I am aware of. We need more drugs like this to fully reopen our country prior while we wait for a vaccine. this is a very big deal
Oh yeah they did. Gilead claimed they were wrong. FWIW I don't believe jack shit from the WHO right now.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:53 AM 04-29-2020
After the Chinese did. Not having alot of luck with good info from the people’s republic combined with the WHO.

Markets happy:

https://t.co/xDc6qF346q
[Reply]
DaFace 07:54 AM 04-29-2020
It was some sort of weird fluky thing. It was a "draft manuscript" that they accidentally posted and quickly took down. So yes, they said it didn't work, but apparently it was an accident? Hard to make much sense of what happened there.
[Reply]
Page 1701 of 3903
« First < 701120116011651169116971698169917001701 170217031704170517111751180122012701 > Last »
Up