ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 39
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:36 PM 03-12-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:42 PM 03-12-2022
One last thought:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Archie Bunker 10:14 PM 03-12-2022
Fantastic flick
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:29 AM 03-14-2022
Really liked it, only gripe I had was the one that originated in the trailer.

He gets shot WAY TOO MANY ****ING TIMES.

Jesus Christ. He's a ****ing ninja in a Batsuit, not the ****ing Terminator.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:18 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My only nitpick is how Batmans suit can now take multiple direct hits from machine guns and shotguns at very close range, I mean, come on now...
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

I actually didn't mind this. It's really the only way a superhero like Batman makes any sense. He is going to get shot. The suit itself looked pretty bulky, particularly in the torso. I think the shotgun blast to the belly at point blank range was a bit much but tanking small arms fire was fine by me.

Actually, if I was going to nitpick anything it'd be how loud his boots were lol that gang in the beginning scene heard him walking from like 20 yards away. Then he's somehow able to disappear while standing next to that cop in the Riddler's place.

This Batman seemed less polished ninja, more brash detective.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:30 PM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

I actually don't think he was a ninja in the Reeves universe. Sounded like Alfred trained him, not the League of Shadows and Ras Al Ghul.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:13 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I loved the new Batmobile. May be my favorite of all time, surpassing the one from the '89 Burton movie. Like I said earlier, it reminded me of an undead version of the Mad Max car. Of course, I'm extremely partial to late 60s/early 70s muscle cars, and that's obviously the look they were going for.
Really? The Burton one is iconic....personally I like Bale's Batmobile the best.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:39 AM 03-15-2022
Irritated that i still havent seen it yet. Trying to coordinate a group thing with friends and what not and it's dragging this out.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:34 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Irritated that i still havent seen it yet. Trying to coordinate a group thing with friends and what not and it's dragging this out.
I tried to do that on opening weekend and the same thing happened so I just went by myself.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:51 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Just go by yourself. Movies are one of the things where I feel like you don't really need to go with someone. I've never went to a movie by myself, but I definitely would.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:43 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually didn't mind this. It's really the only way a superhero like Batman makes any sense. He is going to get shot. The suit itself looked pretty bulky, particularly in the torso. I think the shotgun blast to the belly at point blank range was a bit much but tanking small arms fire was fine by me.

Actually, if I was going to nitpick anything it'd be how loud his boots were lol that gang in the beginning scene heard him walking from like 20 yards away. Then he's somehow able to disappear while standing next to that cop in the Riddler's place.

To each their own, but it strained my credulity to the breaking point

Even if the suit can withstand close in direct hits, the blunt force shock would leave our Caped Crusader incapacitated for a while... he's just a man after all

But I'm not gonna let that ruin the movie for me, still looking forward to adding this to my personal collection
[Reply]
Frazod 03:46 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I tried to do that on opening weekend and the same thing happened so I just went by myself.
I saw it by myself at a matinee the day after it opened. The wife was working, and besides, I figured she'd not be interested enough to sit through a nearly three hour long movie anyway.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:17 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

If it is bird or buck shot a regular bullet proof vest will take a shot gun blast. You will be all sorts of welted and bruised up and probably be really sore but not dead and it will take you off your feet.

Heard a story of a security guard that got one right in the back while wearing a vest knocked him down and out. Said thankfully it did cause he was sure if he moved the guy that shot him would of taken off his head.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
To each their own, but it strained my credulity to the breaking point

Even if the suit can withstand close in direct hits, the blunt force shock would leave our Caped Crusader incapacitated for a while... he's just a man after all

But I'm not gonna let that ruin the movie for me, still looking forward to adding this to my personal collection
The shotgun blast took him down before he injected himself with adrenaline or whatever the hell was in that syringe.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:08 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The shotgun blast took him down before he injected himself with adrenaline or whatever the hell was in that syringe.
It wasn't just that scene, it was the club scene where his chest is getting lit up by machine guns from 20 feet away... I'm trying to enjoy this, leave me alone to my own thoughts damn you!!1
[Reply]
Page 30 of 39
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up