ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 33
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:07 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Thanos really is a fucking dog. I thought Thor with Stormbreaker, Cap with Mjolnir and Tony altogether would mop the floor with him, but he literally trashed them with no issue. Didn’t even break a sweat.

Has there ever been a more savage power move than showing up to a different timeline, shooting up the place, then just posting up waiting on dudes to show up so you can beat their ass? Lol
Love how he'd just throw a knockout shot at whoever he was fighting before moving on to victimize someone else. Thor laying prone? Stomp to the face. Cap on the ground? Punch him in the mouth.

Really glad they let Thanos shine as a brute without the gauntlet. Infinity War he boxed with Hulk but that's about it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:55 PM 04-30-2019
A few thoughts....

- The only issue I had with all of the women lining up together for a shot was it was completely unnecessary. Not in the sense of "How dumb they all lined up together for a powerful woman moment". Captain Marvel has the gauntlet. The girls line up and say "She's got help." All I could think was "The fuck? She literally just took a hundred rockets to the face and flew through Thanos ship....TWICE. Why the fuck does she need anyone to help her? Give her that shit and get out of the way."

- Professor Hulk was good, but definitely not the Hulk I was hoping to see. I can see how big Hulk fans would be disappointed in him. I don't honestly remember if he was in the final fight anywhere.

- Fat Thor was funny.

- Hug between Spiderman & Ironman tugged at the ole heartstrings.

- Absolutely loved watching Captain America throwing around the hammer.

- Overall, loved the movie. I've seen it twice and I'll likely go again.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:01 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
A few thoughts....

- The only issue I had with all of the women lining up together for a shot was it was completely unnecessary. Not in the sense of "How dumb they all lined up together for a powerful woman moment". Captain Marvel has the gauntlet. The girls line up and say "She's got help." All I could think was "The fuck? She literally just took a hundred rockets to the face and flew through Thanos ship....TWICE. Why the fuck does she need anyone to help her? Give her that shit and get out of the way."

- Professor Hulk was good, but definitely not the Hulk I was hoping to see. I can see how big Hulk fans would be disappointed in him. I don't honestly remember if he was in the final fight anywhere.

- Fat Thor was funny.

- Hug between Spiderman & Ironman tugged at the ole heartstrings.

- Absolutely loved watching Captain America throwing around the hammer.

- Overall, loved the movie. I've seen it twice and I'll likely go again.
I agree with all of this.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:11 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Love how he'd just throw a knockout shot at whoever he was fighting before moving on to victimize someone else. Thor laying prone? Stomp to the face. Cap on the ground? Punch him in the mouth.

Really glad they let Thanos shine as a brute without the gauntlet. Infinity War he boxed with Hulk but that's about it.
We saw the Mad Titan in Endgame (who we never really saw in IW). I loved every minute of it.
[Reply]
O.city 02:13 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
2016 Gamora is alive in the 2019 timeline. I'm sure that will be part of the plot of Guardians 3 is the gang tracking her down and Starlord winning her love again.

Most of the comments in this thread are looking at time as linear or through the butterfly effect where actions made in the past effect the future (like in Back to the Future), but they tried to explain in the movie that in their "Marvel Movie" universe that time through singular realities where if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future. The basic implication is that you can't change the past because you've existed in the future; no matter what you do, the end result is the same. Even if you were to try and kill baby Thanos, the future you have must be unchanged.
I hadn't thought of it this way, but that's probably true. It's also an easy way to deal with all the time travel stuff etc.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:15 PM 04-30-2019
Guardians 3 is about Adam Warlock and the Guardians searching for Gamora according to reports. I'm thinking Gamora left on her own accord after the battle and Quill is going to try and have her join the team again with his pelvic sorcery.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:18 PM 04-30-2019
Is Thor hanging around
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:21 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
We saw the Mad Titan in Endgame (who we never really saw in IW). I loved every minute of it.

I’m going to miss him as a villain. He’s just brutal and so damned capable. Loved when he realized Captain Marvel would be able to keep him from using the stones by closing his fist so he removed the power stone on the fly then knocked her ass into next week lol showed some strategy in addition to the savage, brute force.

And the lines. Omg the lines! “You could not live with your failure. So where did that bring you?... Back to me.” And “It’s never personal, but what I’m about to do to your tiny, annoying planet.. I’m going to enjoy it”.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:27 PM 04-30-2019
What made this movie incredible was catching a showing with an abundance of kids ranging from like 10-18 year olds and they cheered and roared at all the awesome parts. Helped me realized what these movies are all about
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:48 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Without Professor Hulk they can’t do the snap and bring everybody back.
Sure he could have....they would've just had to write the story a little differently.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:33 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The answer to pretty much any question is "depends on the timeline." If they go full bore into time travel, anything is possible.

I don't think that's likely though. I think they'll stick with the "main" timeline we've seen, which means that Gamora is alive, but she doesn't have memories of any of the stuff with the Guardians that we've seen before Endgame.
Yeah she is a different reality gamorra. She never feel in love with quill. Hopefully guardians 3 main plot is not this.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:13 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Yeah she is a different reality gamorra. She never feel in love with quill. Hopefully guardians 3 main plot is not this.
I'm hopeful she's just a part of it. I will be interested to see how her and Quill do together. The comics currently has her separated from the guardians with them trying to find her
[Reply]
Rausch 12:04 AM 05-01-2019
1) I loved the Professor Hulk until the final battle. He basically wasn't in it. The whole reason to look forward to a professor Hulk is to see what Banner would do differently in battle while in control. Banner could have trained with Cap those 5 years and whomped some ass. Instead they nerfed their two most powerful characters.

2) I love what they did with Cap and Tony. Tony's character comes full circle and him doing what he has to do to be ready to sacrifice himself (have a child, make amends with his father, have the opportunity) actually does validate Dr. Strange's actions. I was worried about this but Doc Strange was right.

The only part I didn't like was I see no way Cap could live through all the f'ed up things in world history from 1950-2010 and just hide or stay on the sidelines. That's just not Cap. Would cap stand down and just let Hydra run Shield/US intelligence for 50 years?

3) I understand divergent timelines and how their time travel works but they still fucked it all up. By "Endgame Rules" they still created multiple new timelines with Loki, Cap, and removing Gamora/Nebula being killed or ripped from time.

If the Ruso's were around to explain it all I'd have faith, but they're done.

4) I was on board with a Black Widow movie but never really cared one way or the other until I saw her basically take over for Fury. It actually makes sense (she's also a super spy) and by midway through Endgame I was pumped to see a Black Widow/Ronin movie.

So much for that.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:10 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Bucky should have gotten Cap's shield.

He's a super soldier...Sam Wilson (Falcon is not)
The good news is Falcon in the MCU is a much better character than the Falcon in the comics (who is incredibly lame.)

I can see Bucky's name being ruined and him not being able to be the face of America. It's not about who's worthy it's more Bucky understanding he can't play that role...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:13 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Sure he could have....they would've just had to write the story a little differently.
My 1st thought was Thor's got this because he's an Asgardian and the God of Motherfucking Thunder and Lightning.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 33
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up