ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Travis Etienne
O.city 10:15 AM 11-19-2019
So if the Chiefs are drafting in the late first round and he's sitting there, thoughts?

I'm usually anti RB early, but I've kind of changed my tune seeing what these dudes that can catch and run can do for an offense.

I think he can be a Kamara type dude and in this offense that would be fun.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:44 AM 11-19-2019
I prefer Taylor. Bigger, stronger, and better contact balance. I will admit Etienne is better in the passing game though.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 11-19-2019
Taylor has been given a lot of carries in that Wisconsin offense and isn't the pass catcher. No thanks.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:09 AM 11-19-2019
He won’t be available to us. Fits Andy’s offense though.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:34 PM 11-19-2019
#1. I think that's at least a good round too early.
#2. I'm not sure if he's a 3 down back.
#3. I don't like his running style.

I really like the depth in this RB class. Wouldn't get antsy to make a move like this at all.
[Reply]
O.city 12:37 PM 11-19-2019
I'd prefer to have him in the 2nd. If they could go CB, then him, that would be perfect. I'm afraid he'll end up testing too well though. Probably have to look elsewhere for a RB which is fine, but I think he could be a Kamara/ Mccaffrey type in this offense.

He's such a good pass catcher and in the open field, why couldn't he be a 3 down back and does that really matter anymore anyway?
[Reply]
Hoover 12:42 PM 11-19-2019
Nope. Sorry but as much as I'd love to take a RB there I just can't. We need to draft a CB, even with Fenton and Ward, and regardless of what we do with out FA.

Now in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd have no problem but we better be drafting some decent fatties too. This is where I think a Chris Jones trade can really help the Chiefs by not having to pay that contract and by getting us an additional 1st and probably 3rd round pick in a draft that should have some nice play makers.
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Nope. Sorry but as much as I'd love to take a RB there I just can't. We need to draft a CB, even with Fenton and Ward, and regardless of what we do with out FA.

Now in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd have no problem but we better be drafting some decent fatties too. This is where I think a Chris Jones trade can really help the Chiefs by not having to pay that contract and by getting us an additional 1st and probably 3rd round pick in a draft that should have some nice play makers.
I was kind of thinking that. If you could trade Jones to say, the Cardinals for their first, you'd have to do that right? That's probably unrealistic though.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:54 PM 11-19-2019
IMO picking a quality RB early may be needed because our running game this year has totally stunk. Here are the backs to consider.

Taylor
Swift
Dobbins
Harris
Hubbard
Ettiene
Moss

Taylor has a lot of carries under his belt and is a proven runner who gets yards and can take it to the house on any given play..he would probably be the safest pick of the bunch.

Swift is so shifty and agile...very fast but a smaller kind of back. He can catch too and would fit well with our offense I think.

Harris is built like Gurley and doesn't have as much carries as the likes of Taylor. When he's in the mood he's a big threat both running and catching and I think he's a very intriguing talent.

Dobbins has it all imo. He can run hard between the tackles, run routes out of the slot etc..very impressive.

Hubbard is a new name on the scene and he's simply electric...probably the fastest guy on this list and is a home-run threat everytime he gets the ball..slim, agile and tall too. He's the sort of kid who could be a massive success or a bust I think.

Ettiene has a ton of yards and TD's and is a master in the redzone but his ability to catch the ball isn't proven yet but I think he'd do well here.

Moss has been compared to Hunt in terms of his build and running style

I think we have a huge opportunity to get a top class back and with Sammy likely departing I think this is critical in order to make sure our offense remains elite.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:21 PM 11-19-2019
If you have 2 first round picks, then by all means take one at the end of the first round.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:35 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd prefer to have him in the 2nd. If they could go CB, then him, that would be perfect. I'm afraid he'll end up testing too well though. Probably have to look elsewhere for a RB which is fine, but I think he could be a Kamara/ Mccaffrey type in this offense.

He's such a good pass catcher and in the open field, why couldn't he be a 3 down back and does that really matter anymore anyway?
He's really not such a good pass catcher. I mean he's okay, but I want someone that's more fearless running routes.

Originally Posted by :
“I don’t know, I feel like I feel nervous I guess,” Etienne said. “Cause the ball is coming, and I always feel like the defender is right there, so I run before I catch the ball and get spooked by my surroundings.”
I'm also not sure if he isn't mostly just benefiting from a light box that he won't see in the NFL and I don't like his running style. Give me someone who might be a little bit slower, but will catch passes and can pass block all day long over Etienne.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:05 PM 11-19-2019
If we're going to pick a low value position in the first round, I'd rather it be an LB.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:23 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If we're going to pick a low value position in the first round, I'd rather it be an LB.
Speaking of linebackers. I really like the kid from Oklahoma and think he's going to be a star.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:19 PM 11-19-2019
I’m still on the Ke’Shawn Vaughn train and think you can get him in the third or maybe fourth.

He’s got breakaway speed and catches the ball well (real screen game weapon), but what I really love is his balance. He’s a legit runner out of the shotgun because of it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:06 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Speaking of linebackers. I really like the kid from Oklahoma and think he's going to be a star.
There are 4 linebackers I think KC could/should target depending on what they value:

OLB
Isaiah Simmons - Clemson
The man can run, plays violent, and can do it all: blitz, stack/shed, cover and pursue. Problem is he is a top 20 pick and probably unattainable without a trade up.

Kenneth Murray - Oklahoma
Size, strength and a force in pass rush. A great 1 gap scheme linebacker. Violent player, but tends to tackle high and is limited in pass coverage. Not a guy you want in man coverage on elusive backs or tight ends. Probably still on the board in the mid-2nd round.

ILB
Malik Harrison - Ohio State
Best suited as a MLB thumper, but is smart, tough and would be a great 1 gap scheme backer. Prototype size and build. Makes plays as a blitzer, but earns his accolades as a dependable run stuffer. Projcted to go late 1st, early 2nd.

Jacob Phillips - LSU
Would be great in a read/react role as he diagnoses well and is a savvy player. Great pursuit and is quick to read keys. Not a devastating tackler, but solid. Good pass coverage ability considering he’s deemed an inside backer. Really sound in short to intermediate pass drops.

I’d be happy with any one of these guys. Simmons is the crown jewel, but likely will be gone by the time the Chiefs pick. Murray is just fun to watch, but is probably the most raw of this group.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up