ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 296 of 301
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:11 PM 12-15-2019
Iron Eagle and Fouts are so bad they may go to awesome.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:12 PM 12-15-2019
That guy doing the Lebron entry in the snow has to be .gif worthy
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:15 PM 12-15-2019
Mizzou guy doing Mizzou things
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:29 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
He literally traded Greinke for four guys which helped result in us winning a championship.
Exactly. And he made the trade for Shields and Davis (which I’m on record of being in favor for at the time it happened) that completed the transformation of the club from perennial losers to AL champs. And the next year made the Cueto and Zobrist trades that put us over the top.

I’m torn on DM; he’s made some bad moves and picks and he’s made the right moves at the right time to bring us two AL pennants and a World Series. But this choice of Matheny goes big time in the negative column. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong. I have my doubts on this one though.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:36 PM 12-18-2019
Baseball America:

Here's how we project their lineup in 2023, with their 2023 age in parentheses.

Catcher: Salvador Perez (33)
1st Base: Nick Pratto (24)
2nd Base: Adalberto Mondesi (27)
Third Base: Hunter Dozier (31)
Shortstop: Bobby Witt Jr. (23)
Left Field: Whit Merrifield (34)
Center Field: Kyle Isbel (26)
Right Field: Erick Pena (20)
Designated Hitter: Jorge Soler (31)

No. 1 Starter: Daniel Lynch (26)
No. 2 Starter: Jackson Kowar (26)
No. 3 Starter: Brady Singer (26)
No. 4 Starter: Brad Keller (27)
No. 5 Starter: Kris Bubic (25)
Closer: Josh Staumont (29)

Listed below are the prospects with the best tools within the organization. To go directly to Kansas City's Top 10.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:55 PM 12-18-2019
Perez and Whit ain’t gonna be here
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:17 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Sure they will, you don't think Moore will actually get rid of his Golden boys do you?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 03:20 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
THIS ^^^

Melendez SHOULD be our catcher at that point. I'd bet either Dozier or Soler are gone by then as well. Witt can hold down 3b if Mondi is playing at a high level at SS (and healthy, most of all). If Khalil Lee isn't in the outfield, something has gone wrong. Hell...he might push for outfield time this year. And closer? I'd say Zuber is a far better guess...maybe Ratliff or Dye. I realize these are just stupid guess-projections, but they aren't even particularly good ones at several positions, Whit and Salvy being the most egregious projections.
[Reply]
nychief 03:29 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Baseball America:

Here's how we project their lineup in 2023, with their 2023 age in parentheses.

Catcher: Salvador Perez (33)
1st Base: Nick Pratto (24)
2nd Base: Adalberto Mondesi (27)
Third Base: Hunter Dozier (31)
Shortstop: Bobby Witt Jr. (23)
Left Field: Whit Merrifield (34)
Center Field: Kyle Isbel (26)
Right Field: Erick Pena (20)
Designated Hitter: Jorge Soler (31)

No. 1 Starter: Daniel Lynch (26)
No. 2 Starter: Jackson Kowar (26)
No. 3 Starter: Brady Singer (26)
No. 4 Starter: Brad Keller (27)
No. 5 Starter: Kris Bubic (25)
Closer: Josh Staumont (29)

Listed below are the prospects with the best tools within the organization. To go directly to Kansas City's Top 10.

Pratto flamed out last season... he was terrible, struck out TONS.... I wouldn't hold my breath on him. Also the chances all 5 of our 2018 picks end up in the rotation are slim and none.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:29 PM 12-18-2019
If Witt moves Mondesi off SS, I think he’ll move him to CF rather than 2B.

I could see Perez and Merrifield both still being regulars in 2023, but BA’s 3-year outlook is generally just a stab in the dark.

I haven’t looked up BA’s top 10 but should probably get my own order situated. Hard to place anyone but Witt first right now. Lynch and Kowar and Singer should 2-4 in some order.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:05 AM 12-19-2019
Lot of smoke around Lindor trade rumors. Latest is the Reds are suitors, with Senzel as the major piece back to Cleveland. Many Reds fans are balking at that.

I don’t get it. With the pitching staff and offense the Reds have, adding a dynamic superstar like Lindor for 2 years would, for me, be worth the cost of six years of a guy who just had an OK debut in a pretty good situation.

Fans and teams have fallen too much in love with prospwcts.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:22 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lot of smoke around Lindor trade rumors. Latest is the Reds are suitors, with Senzel as the major piece back to Cleveland. Many Reds fans are balking at that.

I don’t get it. With the pitching staff and offense the Reds have, adding a dynamic superstar like Lindor for 2 years would, for me, be worth the cost of six years of a guy who just had an OK debut in a pretty good situation.

Figured the Braves would be all over him...
[Reply]
Mecca 10:30 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

All teams and fans have, it's why big returns never happen anymore.

The Indians are gonna move Kluber and Lindor and have very little to show for it..brilliant.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:25 PM 12-19-2019
You'd think there eventually has to be a breaking point where the tide turns on these trades. Teams here or there are going to hoard prospects and have nothing to show for it in the end. For example, watch the Padres fail to do much this year and their GM gets fired despite their amazing farm system. What happens when a team here or there miss the postseason or lose too early in the postseason and owners start questioning why they didn't do whatever possible to win? I think there has to be a breaking point, the question is when will that be.

I don't think KC will be at all involved, however, because Moore won't trade any of his veterans and there's no way he'll build up a farm system with enough excess talent to trade off.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:45 PM 12-19-2019
How did the Dodgers not match the Rangers for Kluber?

The Dodgers might be the worst case scenario for prospect hoarding.
[Reply]
Page 296 of 301
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300 > Last »
Up