ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 460
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Skip Towne 05:36 AM 04-13-2009
Who wants a green jacket anyway? It would clash with everything.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:45 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I like this guy. Big golf fan, Phil fan, and he enjoys the Chiefs, rasslin, and perhaps long walks by the beach.

I didn't see the Saturday round, but you are dead on, however, here's where I differ:

Any time you have a forced carry, never try to step off and hit a cut. Always go one club shorter and just nuke the ****er, unless there is no way you can get away with the shot shape. 12 sets up perfect for a lefty draw. He should just aim 15 feet left of the hole and let the shot shape and his trajectory move it close to the hole and kill it dead.

The putts on 15 and 17 were brutal, though. Nevertheless, of any of the guys in contention, he played by far the best. You can't sustain that kind of play for the first 8 holes over 18.

Phil hits his irons a long way. Obliterating a wedge is the play for him there, as the wind was soft today.

Glad the Duck pulled it out. He looks like a good guy to go drinking with.
Yeah Phil did play great...after he shot the 30 on the front nine, I honestly thought he was going to shoot 63 or 62 because he had been tearing the back 9 up, esp. the par 5's.

The tee shot on 12 killed me though...when he stepped up to the tee, I was saying to myself to just hit the shot you hit in 2004 which was perfect and spurred him on to win the tourney. The tee shot was bad but I think it was the fact that he didn't make a 4 that really killed him. A bogey there isn't the end of the world but a double is just a momentum killer.

Ah well, I can take solace in the fact that he beat Eldrick and basically one upped him at every turn. :-) You know that had to kill Tiger inside and his douchebag caddie...I loved it.

LOL I wonder how many nightmares Perry had last night about those two putrid iron shots to 18 and 10 in the playoff...he played it off yesterday but you just know it had to be killing him inside.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:00 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Yeah Phil did play great...after he shot the 30 on the front nine, I honestly thought he was going to shoot 63 or 62 because he had been tearing the back 9 up, esp. the par 5's.

The tee shot on 12 killed me though...when he stepped up to the tee, I was saying to myself to just hit the shot you hit in 2004 which was perfect and spurred him on to win the tourney. The tee shot was bad but I think it was the fact that he didn't make a 4 that really killed him. A bogey there isn't the end of the world but a double is just a momentum killer.

Ah well, I can take solace in the fact that he beat Eldrick and basically one upped him at every turn. :-) You know that had to kill Tiger inside and his douchebag caddie...I loved it.

LOL I wonder how many nightmares Perry had last night about those two putrid iron shots to 18 and 10 in the playoff...he played it off yesterday but you just know it had to be killing him inside.
Funny thing: Phil hit a 3/4 8 iron in 2004 into that pin. Yesterday he hit a stock 9. He didn't make a bad course management error, as he said, he just made a poor swing. It looked like he was trying to hit a knockdown, and that's what I thought and posted earlier, but he really just made a poor swing and it cost him.

Shit like that will happen, it just sucks it happened on 12, because that's the worst place on the course to hit a poor approach.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 12:03 PM 04-13-2009
Funny thing: Phil hit a 3/4 8 iron in 2004 into that pin. Yesterday he hit a stock 9. He didn't make a bad course management error, as he said, he just made a poor swing. It looked like he was trying to hit a knockdown, and that's what I thought and posted earlier, but he really just made a poor swing and it cost him.

Shit like that will happen, it just sucks it happened on 12, because that's the worst place on the course to hit a poor approach.
What is your handicap?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:13 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
What is your handicap?
That's a good ?. I've never actually paid for a USGA handicap, so I don't have an official one. Right now, if it were to ever dry up where I could play consistently, I'd probably be a 12. By the end of the summer, I'd probably be a 7 or so.

I'm a terrible putter, though. I hit the ball like a 2 and putt like a 22.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:00 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
When I was in the my prime junior career, I played in an AJGA qualifier and shot 109. I shanked every single iron shot 7 iron to Sand Wedge. It was pathetic. I would stripe driver. Then shank one ob. Then shank another one. Then run a punch shot up and drain a 50 footer for double. It was even a GOOD 109 because I was putting so well. On the 2nd nine I kind of made due and shot about a 40 or something by just hitting all punch shots with a 5 or 6 iron. Craziest round of golf I've ever played. The next week I had a top 15 finish in the Iowa Golf Association State Championship.
This is my game to a tee. I'm above average off the box, with 300-ish power, but then I just fumblefuck my way around the green. Quite discouraging, and probably why I won't play a "dry" course.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:25 PM 04-18-2009
Went to the range yesterday with one of my friends. It's so frustrating watching him hit balls. He's got a real narrow stance, hunches over it, and then drops the club in there at about 130 MPH. He was flying those mushmelon balls on the range 315-320 consistently. He's gonna do Remax this year for shits and giggles. Just drives me nuts that I have to hit a fucking lob wedge to catch up with his drives.

I really need to work on increasing the lag in my swing, because right now I have absolutely none.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:55 PM 04-18-2009
Hangover feeling better?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:59 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Hangover feeling better?
Nope.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:01 PM 04-18-2009
Nope.
Come over to mlb mega thread and watch the Cubs/Cards. I'm bored.
[Reply]
stlchiefs 02:42 PM 04-18-2009
Alright all you PGA Tour Pros, a meager hacker like myself needs some advice. I won a Taylor Made R7 driver a few weeks ago and have the receipt w/ 10 yr warranty valued at $310. Now I have no need for one club that's worth 3x the entire contents of my golf bag so I'm thinking of returning this to Sports Authority and purchasing a new set of irons. I don't play enough to justify spending anymore money on clubs so I have approx. a $300 limit.

I can't just return the driver for cash because it was purchased by the company who sponsored the event so I know I'm going to have to take store credit at Sports Authority and purchase from there.

What set of irons would you recommend???

Thanks in advance for all the legit responses (and even for the dumb ones as long as they're funny).
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:46 PM 04-18-2009
Good game improvement set for a duffer:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family
[Reply]
Skip Towne 02:46 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Come over to mlb mega thread and watch the Cubs/Cards. I'm bored.
Baseball.....yeech.....please William, I'm trying to eat. :-)
[Reply]
stlchiefs 02:47 PM 04-18-2009
Good game improvement set for a duffer:

What's the "draw iron" all about? And I need cheaper! Who's ponying up the extra $40? :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:50 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by stlchiefs:
What's the "draw iron" all about? And I need cheaper! Who's ponying up the extra $40? :-)
It helps high handicappers, because their most common miss is right. It has a built in bias to encourage a right to left ball flight.

Try these then, you cheap bastard!!

[Reply]
Page 103 of 460
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up