ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 301
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:17 AM 04-24-2019
Yes, that's what everyone here is saying . . . . . :-)

The expectation for being able to compete again is 2021-22. He's (GMDM) trying to repeat the original plan. Whether you agree or disagree with that direction, that is the path they have chosen. If things aren't coming together by 21-22, most everyone here will be fine with moving on from GMDM come 23.

But ask yourself this: would you rather be the A's/Rays or Royals? The A's and Ray's have been consistent about constantly re-stocking their minor league pool, getting rid of guys before they get expensive, and not paying out big money contracts. Yes, they're more consistently competitive than the Royals year to year and don't have as long of a 'down cycle' when they hit it, but what has it gotten them?

A's have NEVER had any post-season success with this current formula and the Rays DID go to one World Series back in 08, but promptly got swept.

The Royals at least got back to back WS out of it, a trophy, and were within a hair of two trophies. Which result would you honestly rather have?

I mean, I realize the Rays are leading the AL East right now, have a lot of young talent and the A's are coming off a pretty solid year last year, but when these teams inevitably flame out in the post-season (if they even get there), then what do they have to comfort themselves with? Royals fans can at least pop in the DVD's of the 2015 WS and re-watch them and revive those memories of what it feels like to reach the pinnacle of the sport in a day and age that's designed for them to lose in . . . . . .
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
But ask yourself this: would you rather be the A's/Rays or Royals? The A's and Ray's have been consistent about constantly re-stocking their minor league pool, getting rid of guys before they get expensive, and not paying out big money contracts. Yes, they're more consistently competitive than the Royals year to year and don't have as long of a 'down cycle' when they hit it, but what has it gotten them?

A's have NEVER had any post-season success with this current formula and the Rays DID go to one World Series back in 08, but promptly got swept.

The Royals at least got back to back WS out of it, a trophy, and were within a hair of two trophies. Which result would you honestly rather have?
Why do Royals fans think they have to choose one or the other?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:32 AM 04-24-2019
Would you rather be the 90s Chiefs or the 1999 to 2001 St. Louis Rams?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:36 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Why do Royals fans think they have to choose one or the other?
Why do others THINK there IS another alternative?

No other MLB 'small-market' franchise has figured it out yet . . . . . ? Are they ALL just idiots or does it come down to having to work in a system where the odds are stacked against you from the beginning?

If anyone thinks they have it all (having your cake and eating it too) figured out, maybe they should apply for some MLB GM's spots and start running a team of their own . . . .
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 AM 04-24-2019
The Royals have done a shitty job the last several years and pulling out the 14-15 seasons as a trump card to shut down any discussion isn’t something we are all going to agree to.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:46 AM 04-24-2019
The Royals tried to extend their window of winning in 16 and 17 and made some decisions then that has cost them today. No one would dispute that. I have no problem with that, even though some of the decisions have blown up in their face.

Their early round picks (excluding 2018) have been pretty bleh the last several years. Some bad drafting, some bad luck.

GMDM is on the clock. He has till 2021-22 to get this team on track to be competing for playoff spots again. If he doesn't, I'm sure most here will be calling for his head come 23. I know I will. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt till then.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:51 AM 04-24-2019
The Royals tried to extend their window of winning in 16 and 17 and made some decisions then that has cost them today. No one would dispute that. I have no problem with that, even though some of the decisions have blown up in their face.

Their early round picks (excluding 2018) have been pretty bleh the last several years. Some bad drafting, some bad luck.

GMDM is on the clock. He has till 2021-22 to get this team on track to be competing for playoff spots again. If he doesn't, I'm sure most here will be calling for his head come 23. I know I will. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt till then.
I don't blame them for going for it in 2016 - you have to! But, after 2016, it was painfully obvious they had to rebuild.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:04 AM 04-24-2019
Yes, that's what everyone here is saying . . . . . :-)

The expectation for being able to compete again is 2021-22. He's (GMDM) trying to repeat the original plan. Whether you agree or disagree with that direction, that is the path they have chosen. If things aren't coming together by 21-22, most everyone here will be fine with moving on from GMDM come 23.

I mean, I realize the Rays are leading the AL East right now, have a lot of young talent and the A's are coming off a pretty solid year last year, but when these teams inevitably flame out in the post-season (if they even get there), then what do they have to comfort themselves with? Royals fans can at least pop in the DVD's of the 2015 WS and re-watch them and revive those memories of what it feels like to reach the pinnacle of the sport in a day and age that's designed for them to lose in . . . . . .
What's the old saying? I'd rather be lucky than good? It's not just the Royals, though. Luck plays a huge role in most successful playoff runs in all sports. Royals got extremely lucky those years...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
What's the old saying? I'd rather be lucky than good? It's not just the Royals, though. Luck plays a huge role in ALL successful playoff runs in all sports. Royals got extremely lucky those years...
FYP.

Everyone, especially in baseball, where you have to win 11 games now to win a Title, has a lot of luck go their way to accomplish that.

That said, the 2015 Royals were one of the most fundamentally sound teams I have ever watched.

As Hemingway famously said "You make your own luck" . . . . .
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:27 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
What's the old saying? I'd rather be lucky than good? It's not just the Royals, though. Luck plays a huge role in most successful playoff runs in all sports. Royals got extremely lucky those years...
I totally agree being a little lucky is always a part of any run. But those teams (especially the 2015 team) simply dominated the competition in every phase of the game for the entire season. Some luck? Sure. But luck is not the reason they came out on top. They were truly better than every team in baseball from day one of the 2015 season. The 2014 team wasn't as dominant all season, but they WERE unstoppable in the post-season until facing the Bumgarner's.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:38 AM 04-24-2019
LOL at all the Eeyore, sad-sap "i can't criticize the Royals" cry-baby posts. Post what you want and then be an adult about it. Just don't expect people to enjoy dead horses getting beat up over and over.

Furthermore would like just ONE example of a small market team that both won the world series and was able to stay competitive and re-stock their system consistently from year to year as well. I would love the Royals to break that code. But until its been done, I have a hard time holding them to a standard I've never actually witnessed. St. Louis might be the only example I can think of...but in fan-base, I would consider them medium to large market, despite their city's size.

And to play off someone else's point above, even if we considered the Cardinals small market, they were truly one of luckiest teams in baseball during their recent runs. Nelson Cruz plays like a semi-capable right fielder and Texas wins that world series...not the Cardinals. Texas was the better team that year.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:12 AM 04-24-2019
Chris Owings is batting 5th! LOL
[Reply]
Bowser 11:14 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Chris Owings is batting 5th! LOL
Ned was just missing Chris Getz something terrible, so he went and found the next best thing.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:43 AM 04-24-2019
OK, they're just trying too hard...

/Ned
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:44 AM 04-24-2019
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

That was just awesome base running technique right there

#weareroyallyfuckingstupid
[Reply]
Page 59 of 301
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up