ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 791
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:48 PM 02-20-2019
Brady slumped his shoulders and hung his head, looking as if he thought the game was over after that pick. He did not know there was a flag.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:49 PM 02-20-2019
Okay time to leave this thread until this impending argument dies down in 48 hours
[Reply]
threebag 06:51 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
KPass finally gets to play. That's how Ford ended up a starter - when someone else got hurt.

Maybe KPass can finally blossom in his final season like Ford did.
I don’t think I have ever been more excited about a player finally getting to see the field.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:33 PM 02-20-2019
do you guys think we need a 'Did we sign that Piece of Shit, yet?' thread (here in a few weeks?)
[Reply]
New World Order 08:58 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
do you guys think we need a 'Did we sign that Piece of Shit, yet?' thread (here in a few weeks?)
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:02 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Meh. If it was a situation like Houston where his knee is clearly still bothering him it'd be different, but Ford played an entire season with no problems. That back had me worried, but it seems fine.
It sure seemed fine the first time he hurt it and had surgery in college. He's hurt it twice since and had another surgery.

There's also the injuries both knees, a concussion, an abdominal tear, a hammy, and a groin.

Off the top of my head anyway.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Well htismaqe could be right. He could be a time bomb and got through this season on vicodin and effort and just waiting for his payday.

Or he could be wrong and the back surgery got it figured out and the yoga Ford has been doing has really done wonders for his flexibility and injury history. I feel like the organization knows better than us which one it really is.

I just think people might be siding with the former because they still mad.
I'm actually not mad at all. AT ALL.

I'm worried about his injury history and rightfully so. He's never proven he can stay healthy in back-to-back seasons.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:26 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea QB’s know there’s a flag when the defender clearly JUMPS offsides.

https://youtu.be/DiXh8H6dozk

There’s no way you can watch that and tell me he knew or that it even had anything to do with the poor throw regardless.

Just about everybody watching, including the announcers, didn’t even know there was a flag and almost nobody knew who it was on after the play when they realized there was one.

But somehow Brady did? :-)
Right before the play where Dee is offsides, the ref that throws the flag walks to the NE huddle and talks with Tom and mouths the words “I got you”...probably because Tom alerted him to the fact Dee had been lining up in the neutral zone.

That same ref is the one who threw the flag.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:50 PM 02-20-2019
Mahomes liked a tweet today from a guy saying the Chiefs should go after Landon Collins. For whatever that may be worth.

He and Veach are tight so it could be something, or merely Mahomes just likes Collins potential here like many of us.
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 PM 02-20-2019
It took 3 years for Ford to even get on the field and just when he started to show promise, he broke again.

They FINALLY got 1st round production out of him in his 5th season.

By the Dee Ford standard, KPass still has a year left to "flash" and 3 more years to actually produce.
Ford was behind tamba and Houston... You're acting like he couldn't see the field simply cause he was unproductive
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ford was behind tamba and Houston... You're acting like he couldn't see the field simply cause he was unproductive
He was still at 1st round pick who averaged 7 snaps a game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Actually, he didn't see the field in his rookie season because he lacked lower body strength, due to rehabbing a knee injury he suffered his senior season at Auburn. That's why he didn't participate in the scouting combine. I even said as much earlier today.

I don't know why it's so hard to understand - the guy is injury prone. You simply cannot say that he's not. His medical records say otherwise.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He was still at 1st round pick who averaged 7 snaps a game.
But he had 1 good season and didn't get hurt. He should be the centerpiece of the new defense.
[Reply]
In58men 11:13 PM 02-20-2019
I’m glad Ford is here to stay.

He’s going to beast out for that contract. We’ll have him at his best.
[Reply]
-King- 02:22 AM 02-21-2019
But he had 1 good season and didn't get hurt. He should be the centerpiece of the new defense.
Chris Jones is probably the centerpiece of the defense. Ford is an elite player that plays a premium position though. I don't get why tagging him for a year is a problem. If he gets injured, that's sucks but for 2 years now, he's been elite when he plays. I fully understand and actually agree that a LTD probably shouldn't be part of the plan, but I don't agree with letting one of the best pass rushers in the league go when we can franchise him.

But I have to give you props for actually having this same position during the season. A lot of the anti-Ford people only became that way after the playoff game.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 791
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155555 > Last »
Up