ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 341
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:19 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Interesting, while I can certainly understand the need for a speed draw from a CCW I have for the most part anticipated that if I need to pull my pocket pistol will will have ample opportunity (assuming I'm not directly being attacked) to naturally stick my hands in my pockets and wait for the opportunity to draw (and as long as I'm not wearing my skinny jeans that day I'll be good).

One of the things that has always been nailed in my head when it comes to shooting/reloading and it is spot on is "slow is smooth and smooth is fast". I can certainly understand your position but if you train yourself to be proficient first the fast part will come later. When you are under stress you will revert to the muscle memory and get that mag loaded and on target faster than you think. Forget the time drills for now.
Oh, I've been practicing for several years now, and I can do it properly most of the time. But I keep a record, and out of a hundred passes (one week of practice), I'll mangle the job about 15-20 times running my Shield. More often with my LC9SP. With my M&P9C, I'll only miss about 5-7 times, and I don't have to practice as much to stay solid on it. With my SIG P229 I've never missed. That's the draw stroke and the combat mag change combined. I don't even bother with the tactical/administrative mag changes when practicing in the morning; I leave that to training classes.

Again, it may just be me, but I've just found that trying to draw, present, shoot, and execute mag changes with smaller guns to be more of a chore than with a larger one. With a full-size or commander-size (G19) weapon, I can do all of those things while keeping my eyes on the target, no problem. With a smaller gun I sometimes have to do something extra to do the same things.

Also, try clearing a type-3 malfunction with a small gun; it can make you wish you were running a revolver.
[Reply]
Fish 11:20 PM 05-28-2019
Never shot one before...kinda reminds me of the S&W M&P Shield
I like the Walther grips better than the Shield. I have small hands, and they are more comfortable for me. The original M1 PPS had snap-in grip pieces on the back and sides, and offered several different sizes. Which was really cool. They neglected to do that with the M2 model though, but the M2 grip is still perfect for me.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:04 PM 05-29-2019
:-) It's my next purchase

Made up an excuse to go to the gun store to check one out. It's pretty much a perfect carry gun.

DAMN YOU
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:25 PM 05-29-2019
I don't know....I've been shooting my SIG P365 and I have to tell you that I am in love. Never had a smaller 9mm that holds 10+1 (and now they have 15 round mags)...
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:50 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Made up an excuse to go to the gun store to check one out. It's pretty much a perfect carry gun.

DAMN YOU :-):-):-)

:-). You're welcome :-)

Think I'm going to trade my XDM for one.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:56 PM 05-29-2019
Check out the HK P30SK for another 9 with 10+1 capacity. One of my carry pistols and it’s a incredible gun
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:56 PM 05-29-2019

Would you sell that XDm
[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 PM 05-29-2019

I've got nothing at this point I want to trade. I promised the wife no more guns this year (trade off for going to the AFC Championship Game), so I guess it'll probably be happy birthday to me next summer.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:30 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Would you sell that XDm

I might
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:43 AM 05-30-2019
I might
If you decide to sell instead of trade in, let me know. I might be interested or my cousin's husband would be I'm sure.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:44 PM 06-20-2019
Just bought this, Sig P320 X5, some great deals on guns out there, it's another great benefit of have Trump in the Oval Office...
Attached: IMG_0213.jpg (95.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:29 PM 06-21-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Just bought this, Sig P320 X5, some great deals on guns out there, it's another great benefit of have Trump in the Oval Office...

:-)

I have shot the 320 several times - I think the Army made the right move going with this gun and, thankfully, it has many "iterations" to fit a broad variety of applications. At our last AFIO in May, I spoke with a couple of current intelligence officers who are in LOVE with the baby version - I mean, in love. MPs seem to like it, Infantry units love it....good deal!
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:49 AM 06-22-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:

I have shot the 320 several times - I think the Army made the right move going with this gun and, thankfully, it has many "iterations" to fit a broad variety of applications. At our last AFIO in May, I spoke with a couple of current intelligence officers who are in LOVE with the baby version - I mean, in love. MPs seem to like it, Infantry units love it....good deal!
Yep, it's a completely modular system where you pull the trigger unit/assembly out of the frame and put it into another frame/slide combo. The trigger assembly is what has the serial number. The X5 is the entry level competition shooting version of the P320 but I can pull the trigger assembly out and drop it into a CC version of the P320...
[Reply]
bdj23 08:30 AM 06-22-2019
I just bought a gamo varmint pellet gun to eradicate blackbirds in my back yard. After test firing it, I might as well shoot them with my 10/22. It's just as loud.

99% sure my hipster neighbors will call the police on me
[Reply]
stumppy 09:41 AM 06-22-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I just bought a gamo varmint pellet gun to eradicate blackbirds in my back yard. After test firing it, I might as well shoot them with my 10/22. It's just as loud.

99% sure my hipster neighbors will call the police on me

I did the same thing. Thought the same thing. And guess who came walking up the alley while I was sighting it in. Said there was a report of gunfire. I had to explain the city ord. to him regarding air rifles. Anyways, I returned it and got my money back.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 341
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Up