Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>65” LG OLED Under $1800
Skyy God 05:58 PM 02-27-2019
Knew there was a reason I waited.

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/...yq_GPi1mAnmb4c
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 AM 02-28-2019
The wife just bought a new 75" LG for the family room for like $1300.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 11:29 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The wife just bought a new 75" LG for the family room for like $1300.
Is it LED or OLED?
[Reply]
sedated 11:32 AM 02-28-2019
I keep wanting to pull the trigger on an OLED, but the risk for screen burin-in seems too high.

I'm not sure it's worth it to spend the life if a TV constantly thinking about what's on the screen and whether it will ruin it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Is it LED or OLED?
It's just LED, but it's also 75". My point is that all TVs are coming down in price. The screens are just getting so much cheaper to make.

It's the 75" Class UJ6570 4K UHD HDR Smart LED TV.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:47 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
I keep wanting to pull the trigger on an OLED, but the risk for screen burin-in seems too high.

I'm not sure it's worth it to spend the life if a TV constantly thinking about what's on the screen and whether it will ruin it.
Don't sweat that. I bought mine Presidents Day last year and paid $1900 for a 55" and i play everything on it - TV is still just like brand new. Awesome TV! Well worth the $$$$$$
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:00 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Don't sweat that. I bought mine Presidents Day last year and paid $1900 for a 55" and i play everything on it - TV is still just like brand new. Awesome TV! Well worth the $$$$$$
Yeah, the screen burn-in issues on OLED are a little overblown IMHO. They're certainly not plasma screens.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:02 PM 02-28-2019
Not OLED, but any thoughts on this model? Micro Center has them in store for $799.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...r-smart-led-tv
[Reply]
Stryker 12:23 PM 02-28-2019
Yeah, the screen burn-in issues on OLED are a little overblown IMHO. They're certainly not plasma screens.
Oh God no they aren't!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Oh God no they aren't!
I remember when I had the HUD from Skyrim burnt into my plasma. LOL
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:22 PM 02-28-2019
I still have my plasma and I leave the screen on one thing for a long time sometimes and it has never burned in an image.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I still have my plasma and I leave the screen on one thing for a long time sometimes and it has never burned in an image.
It probably has burn-in protections like screen shift or something.
[Reply]
sedated 09:01 AM 03-01-2019
It probably has burn-in protections like screen shift or something.
I was just reading about this and the protections that OLEDs have against burn-in are pretty impressive. Newer versions have "logo luminance adjustment" that detects logos like ESPN/Disney/etc and after a couple of minutes dim those pixels. A pixel refresher runs on the TV any time it's turned off after running for 4 hours, and a bigger refresh can be manually run periodically to even the wear on pixels.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:36 AM 03-01-2019
I saw this special too, if it weren't for the fact I bought a 4K Samsung HDR a year and a half ago I'd be blowing my tax wad on this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
I was just reading about this and the protections that OLEDs have against burn-in are pretty impressive. Newer versions have "logo luminance adjustment" that detects logos like ESPN/Disney/etc and after a couple of minutes dim those pixels. A pixel refresher runs on the TV any time it's turned off after running for 4 hours, and a bigger refresh can be manually run periodically to even the wear on pixels.
Back in the day, my plasma had some of those but they were still all manual at the time. I'd forget to run them. But now many of them are full auto and makes it much better.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up