ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Do you trade up for Adderley?
ntexascardfan 12:01 PM 02-26-2019
Say he runs in the high 4.3 low 4.4 at the combine.

He feels like a true centerfielder with that speed and could truly be a star. However, if he puts on the jets this weekend I don't see him making it to 29.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:02 PM 02-26-2019
Depends on how high you're talking.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:04 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Say he runs in the high 4.3 low 4.4 at the combine.

He feels like a true centerfielder with that speed and could truly be a star. However, if he puts on the jets this weekend I don't see him making it to 29.
I don't think so.

I mean it's possible if it came cheap that I'd consider it, but it won't. It'd probably cost one of the 2nds and I think there's gonna be some quality defensive depth.

I think the 3rd is probably going to be a fantastic spot to get either a C or some needed DL depth.

And while I like Adderley a lot and am getting more and more comfortable with him as the 1st rounder, I don't think he's a guy that fundamentally changes your defense. He's not Ed Reed back there even if he does kill the combine.

And for everything the combine clears up, it cannot answer the most pressing question with him and that's the quality of competition concerns. The ability to grind for 11-12 games against upper level opponents speaks a lot to how well one will make the adjustment to 16+ games against the best of the best.

And we just cannot get that answer - it's complete guesswork. Because of that, I don't think I'd be willing to burn an additional day 2 pick to get up there and get him.
[Reply]
O.city 12:11 PM 02-26-2019
Nah. Prolly not.

I like him a lot, but I also don't know that there is really a lot of separation in this years safety class.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:13 PM 02-26-2019
When the free agent market for safeties has looked so affordable, I'm not even sure I could justify taking a 1st round safety, never mind trading up for one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
When the free agent market for safeties has looked so affordable, I'm not even sure I could justify taking a 1st round safety, never mind trading up for one.
The free agent market isn't THAT great.

I wouldn't trade up but Adderley is definitely a guy I would take at 29. There isn't anybody like him on the FA market other than Thomas, who probably won't ever be the same after the injuries.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:19 PM 02-26-2019
While I don't like Veach a ton, he's a scout at heart. He's going to trust his evaluations and value his picks. That being the case, I can't see a trade-up here. I think you'll see us draft a safety or pick up a cast-off that the Chiefs really like.

I could see a Charvarius Ward-type move here.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:10 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The free agent market isn't THAT great.

I wouldn't trade up but Adderley is definitely a guy I would take at 29. There isn't anybody like him on the FA market other than Thomas, who probably won't ever be the same after the injuries.
I just mean there's a ton of guys that could add value available in FA, if it's anything like last year then you can get a big upgrade (compared to the current roster) for very cheap.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 02-26-2019
I just mean there's a ton of guys that could add value available in FA, if it's anything like last year then you can get a big upgrade (compared to the current roster) for very cheap.
And yet last year we didn't.

Tre Boston could've been had for pocket change and I have little doubt he'd have knocked something down in that Patriots game...

Ugh....missed opportunities, man.
[Reply]
O.city 03:19 PM 02-26-2019
htis, why do you think Thomas can't come back from his injuries? IIRC, it was broken bones, not soft tissue.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:29 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And yet last year we didn't.

Tre Boston could've been had for pocket change and I have little doubt he'd have knocked something down in that Patriots game...

Ugh....missed opportunities, man.
I can't remember the ordering of events and when Parker was picked back up, or when Sorenson was injured. They can't have known about Berry's health based on what transpired.

I just hope they learn from their mistake.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:23 PM 02-26-2019
I can't remember the ordering of events and when Parker was picked back up, or when Sorenson was injured. They can't have known about Berry's health based on what transpired.

I just hope they learn from their mistake.
Sorenson inj first wk of Aug...like 8/5 or something.

Berry was inj a week later, 8/12

Parker was signed a few wks later around 9/2 right before season started.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:00 AM 02-27-2019
nope. let the board fall and make the picks this year. most of the safeties are a bucket grab. I don't put much separation at all between Adderley and a guy like Thornhill or Gardner-Johnson aside from maybe a tad bit more athleticism.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
htis, why do you think Thomas can't come back from his injuries? IIRC, it was broken bones, not soft tissue.
He's broken it twice in the same place. It's no longer a one-time occurrence. It's not that he CAN'T come back. I'm just not paying him big dollars and betting on him to do it.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:30 PM 02-27-2019
There was a great article in The Athletic about Adderley this morning that makes me hope he falls to us even more. He seems like a high character kid and has a lot of NFL success in his family history.

He's also only been at the safety position for 2 seasons, so he might still have a ton of room to grow as a FS.

I'll refrain from posting the article out of respect for the poors who can't pay 3 bucks a month for a sub to The Athletic.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up