ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Welp. Looks like we need a RB.
KC Hawks 08:08 PM 11-30-2018
So who looks good in this upcoming draft?
[Reply]
O.city 12:43 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jordan Scarlett popping off a 4.49; that's gonna help him.

Benny Snell's 4.7, OTOH, will not.

!@#$%ing Holyfield put up a nice time...for a fullback. 4.79.

I know he's on some of y'alls wish list but I'm not putting a 4.8 HB on this squad. He's of no use to us at all with that kind of speed.

Justice Hill w/ the 4.40 isn't surprising but that's gotta be a bit of a relief for him. He needed to show the speed on the stopwatch that he shoes on tape since that's his primary selling point.
Hill in this offense would be very interesting
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:49 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hill in this offense would be very interesting
Looks a lot like Damien Williams with a slightly higher top gear maybe? But Williams is pretty quick in his own right.

I like Hill well enough and if he were available on the 3rd day I'd spin the wheel and see if he can supplant Damien and save us some cap in 2020. But I don't think he adds much the squad doesn't already have.
[Reply]
O.city 12:51 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Looks a lot like Damien Williams with a slightly higher top gear maybe? But Williams is pretty quick in his own right.

I like Hill well enough and if he were available on the 3rd day I'd spin the wheel and see if he can supplant Damien and save us some cap in 2020. But I don't think he adds much the squad doesn't already have.
I would like to pair him with Williams

I’m kinda over the “thunder and lighting” running back atuff

Give me guys who are good
[Reply]
Shoes 01:14 PM 03-01-2019
Elijah Holyfield with a 4.79 40 is a bit concerning. I mean the Chiefs weren't too concerned with Kareem Hunt's 4.62 40 time but man that is slow.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:26 PM 03-01-2019
Well, Cross Holyfield off the list.

I don’t like Snell at all, either. He doesn’t have good top-end speed and he isn’t a quick accelerator.

If KC is going to continue to be in the shotgun most of the time, it needs a back who has good stop-start. Shuttle time and first 20-yards split are important.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:55 AM 03-02-2019
Watch the tape on snell... he can play. I’d love snell in the 4th. Productive in sec when he was the primary weapon for Kentucky. He’s not a burner but he’s 220 and can play. Don’t be fooled by men in spandex. Snell is the real deal.
[Reply]
prhom 03:03 AM 03-02-2019
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Watch the tape on snell... he can play. I’d love snell in the 4th. Productive in sec when he was the primary weapon for Kentucky. He’s not a burner but he’s 220 and can play. Don’t be fooled by men in spandex. Snell is the real deal.
I was watching combine stuff tonight and saw snell. Then watched his highlights. He seems like a good bruiser with balance. I’m on board with taking him in the 4th.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:35 AM 03-02-2019
I watched Snell a lot in college. I don’t think he’s explosive enough for the NFL. He doesn’t have the acceleration or quickness to be effective out of the shotgun for the Chiefs, IMO. He could be effective in a situation where he’s just running downhill, I think, but I don’t see an every down guy.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 03-02-2019
Give me the kid from OU
[Reply]
Iconic 11:02 AM 03-02-2019
I would still take a flyer on Holyfield with a 6th. Look at his tape. Does that look like a 4.79 to anybody? Emmitt Smith ran something in that range and I'd say he had a pretty productive career.

If I'm a GM this 40 time isn't making me lose any sleep. If anything it just dropped him lower for me to snag now. Same goes for Singletary.
[Reply]
O.city 01:36 PM 03-02-2019
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...d-be-your-man/
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:42 AM 03-03-2019
Henderson ran a 4.49... quoted at 4.36 in this article? And on snell, how did snell out run so many sec defenders each week? Barring injury, snell will be a great back.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:41 AM 03-03-2019
Henderson ran a 4.49... quoted at 4.36 in this article? And on snell, how did snell out run so many sec defenders each week? Barring injury, snell will be a great back.

He didn’t succeed by outrunning SEC defenders. He was in a run-heavy scheme that fed him the ball consistently and used dual-threat QBs to open up running lanes. If you watch his highlights, there are no long runs in there and he pretty consistently is caught from behind in SEC action.

He has decent burst, and good power, but he’s a downhill runner who needs time to accelerate through a hole and get his pas squared.

I don’t think that’s a good fit for Chiefs offense. He doesn’t have the quick start-stop KC needs from its backs. Hunt didn’t have breakaway speed, but he was very quick and elusive at the LoS. Snell doesn’t have that elusiveness.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM 03-03-2019
He may find a role somewhere but Duncan is right regarding how we run our offense.

You can't have Snell in this backfield with the amount of shotgun formation we run. He's just not sudden enough.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 05:12 PM 03-03-2019
Alex Barnes put up some impressive power, explosion, and agility numbers for a 6' 226lb RB at the NFL combine. Media reacts to Alex Barnes combine performance here.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...9/#129622749_8
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up