ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 94
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:45 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's like McConaughey decided to become a good actor out of nowhere
I think it's more he or his agent decided to only take the best roles.

His romcom phase and naked bongoing weren't a high point, but he's always had potential.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:47 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think it's more he or his agent decided to only take the best roles.

His romcom phase and naked bongoing weren't a high point, but he's always had potential.
They were a high salary point. I mean, may as well make as much as you can in your prime of them chick flix
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:59 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
They were a high salary point. I mean, may as well make as much as you can in your prime of them chick flix
Granted, I was remarking more on his talent.

Nic Cage and De Niro are great actors to who've famously made money grabs
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:10 AM 01-27-2014
De Niro has whored himself our alot as he got older total opposite of Matthew. lol Though, i really enjoyed DeNiro in his recent movie Killing Season. I thought it was pretty good.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:33 AM 01-27-2014
Some good recaps and insight with a couple cool little revelations on subtle clues that your average viewer wouldn't easily have picked up on...

‘True Detective,’ Season 1, Episode 1, ‘The Long Bright Dark’

Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!

‘True Detective,’ Season 1, Episode 2, ‘Seeing Things’

Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!

‘True Detective,’ Season 1, Episode 3, ‘The Locked Room’

Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!

[Reply]
aturnis 04:19 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Granted, I was remarking more on his talent.

Nic Cage and De Niro are great actors to who've famously made money grabs
I'm not sure if you're being serious. I'm not sure I've ever seen Nicholas Cage act. I thought he just played himself.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:34 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I'm not sure if you're being serious. I'm not sure I've ever seen Nicholas Cage act. I thought he just played himself.
WTF, Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Moonstruck, Adaptation, Heck even Honeymoon in Vegas is a Riot.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:08 PM 01-27-2014
I am loving this show. I don't even know how you can mention it in the same genre as most network TV. Rust is one of the most fascinating characters I've seen in any medium, and we're getting to see him at two wildly divergent times in his life. It's top shelf. Also, the cinematography is breathtaking; the beautiful shots of the desolation and flatness and creepy hanging trees just suck you right in.

Predictions:
Spoiler!

If there's any weak point, it's
Spoiler!

Also, has it occurred to anyone else that the two detectives' names are awfully close to 'Cold Heart', with the names matching their personalities?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:20 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
If there's any weak point, it's
Spoiler!
If there's any justification, they did set it up with his out of touchness and more importantly his continuing to put in long on hours on a case that was SUPPOSED be on the verge of taken out of their hands.

It's a trope, but a well developed and acted out one. I'd be as aggravated as she is.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:32 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Is the guy we saw at the end the "spaghetti-faced man with green ears"?
Appears that way. Reggie is the "green eared spaghetti monster" that the girl who was chased through the woods described to the sketch artist in the first episode.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:34 PM 01-27-2014
How do people class De Niro, Cage, and MM together?

Bob destroys them both.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:36 PM 01-27-2014
For now. Give McConaughey another twenty years. He'll have a few Oscars by then and will be considered one of the greats, while DeNiro is working on Meet the Great-Grandparents.

Cage, yeah.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:50 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
How do people class De Niro, Cage, and MM together?

Bob destroys them both.
De Niro's had some great roles, but right now MMC is doing things where you go how does a human do that.

His reserve, tenseness and angularity of the younger Cohle is menacing and wearying at the same time.

By which I mean I can't decide to give him a hug or run like fuck. ie, is this Will Hunting or Travis Bickle

At this moment in time, only Christian Bale competes.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:31 PM 01-27-2014
I'd argue Daniel Day-Lewis as well, but he may be considered a generation above.

Either way, I can count them on one hand.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:45 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
I'd argue Daniel Day-Lewis as well, but he may be considered a generation above.

Either way, I can count them on one hand.
Yeah, DDL indeed a titan, but I didn't see Lincoln, so the memories have faded for me a bit at present.

BWT, did you know he has a douchy white rapper son like Tom Hanks?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 94
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up