ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Deadly Cults: Michael Ryan
Pitt Gorilla 06:07 PM 03-12-2019
I've watched a few of these on Oxygen network, but this one was a bit more local (Rulo, NE). Crazy story about crazy people (who claimed to be speaking to/for God).
Here's a link to the story:

https://www.oxygen.com/deadly-cults/...-sodomy-murder

Anybody watch these or remember the story from the 80's?
[Reply]
stumppy 09:45 PM 03-12-2019
I don't remember it but I'll prob check out the show.

I've always been fascinated by people who get caught up in cults. It will never cease to amaze me how people can lose all common sense and reason and get drawn into these cults. Let alone the sick and crazy shit they'll do after they're in.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:58 PM 03-12-2019
Sophomore year of college in my Abnormal Psych class we toured Tecumseh, including their death row.

Mike Ryan was there, although when we went inside the unit they were on lockdown so I didn't really see anyone.

Our teacher used to talk a lot about Ryan. Sounded like a creepy, sick fuck
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:14 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I don't remember it but I'll prob check out the show.

I've always been fascinated by people who get caught up in cults. It will never cease to amaze me how people can lose all common sense and reason and get drawn into these cults. Let alone the sick and crazy shit they'll do after they're in.
There's a separate show about the Yahweh Ben Yahweh cult. It was a little less crazy (in the beginning), but ended up similarly murder-y in the end.
[Reply]
Up