ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Netflix Documentary: The Innocent Man
Pitt Gorilla 12:06 AM 03-08-2019
Yikes. If you're into sketchy detectives/prosecutors convicting innocent people and sending them to death row (in Oklahoma, nonetheless), this series is for you. Originally a John Grisham nonfiction, this documentary serves as a frightening example of how easy it can be to convict innocent people.

I know I'm a bit behind here, as this was released in December, but it's enthralling. Any one else watch this/read the book?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:36 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yikes. If you're into sketchy detectives/prosecutors convicting innocent people and sending them to death row (in Oklahoma, nonetheless), this series is for you. Originally a John Grisham nonfiction, this documentary serves as a frightening example of how easy it can be to convict innocent people.

I know I'm a bit behind here, as this was released in December, but it's enthralling. Any one else watch this/read the book?
Every documentary I've watched that was produced by Netflix has been interesting. Seems like its something they do well. I'll check this one out.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:51 AM 03-08-2019
Watched firsr two episodes. I would have found them all guilty too. But I have a feeling they will poker more holes in everything as they progress in episodes
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:06 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Watched firsr two episodes. I would have found them all guilty too. But I have a feeling they will poker more holes in everything as they progress in episodes
It's insane how many people have been convicted through microscopic hair analysis and misunderstandings of what it actually shows (if anything). It's similarly crazy that DNA analysis wasn't the norm until the 90s.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:31 PM 03-08-2019
I know Dennis Fritz, rather well actually.

He introduced me to John Grisham during promos for both Grisham's and Fritz's book "Journey to Justice"
[Reply]
BWillie 08:34 PM 03-10-2019
I'm too Episode 5 now and it's pretty mind blowingly bizarre and likely criminal what happened to these guys. I imagine it's much easier for corruption to reign free in small police divisions compared to larger ones.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:38 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Thanks - will look it up!
[Reply]
lcarus 12:57 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm too Episode 5 now and it's pretty mind blowingly bizarre and likely criminal what happened to these guys. I imagine it's much easier for corruption to reign free in small police divisions compared to larger ones.
Heck even the big ones. Look at LAPD.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:20 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Thanks - will look it up!
Get your hands on a copy of Fritz's book: Journey to Justice.
[Reply]
Up