ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Donger 10:56 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're assuming that the average person functions rationally and not emotionally.

Part of the reason there's even a divide on this topic is because so many people, on both sides, operate on feelings instead of logic.

It really doesn't matter why they're wrong. The result is what matters and the result, right now, is a societal failure.
I know. And facts are facts whether they "like" them or not.
[Reply]
Donger 10:58 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
How dare someone question whether they should accept an untested genetic therapy.
How can you declare a vaccine which has passed three clinical trial phases untested?
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:59 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Science isn't an Alex Smith debate, there are no goalposts.
It was the Matt Cassel debate that had the goalpost
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:59 AM 04-08-2021

Decisions on reopening can refer to scientific data but are inherently political.

The politicians have been hiding behind "The Science" for over a year now.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:00 AM 04-08-2021
June 2020

Spoiler!

November 2020

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:02 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
As of today per the CDC numbers, there have been 171,476,655 Covid vaccines put into arms of Americans. Most common complaint is fatigue for 24 hours or so.

If the scientists and or the studies were totally wrong, these vaccines were in fact, not safe for human beings....... 171+ million shots later, we'd know by now.
Is the CDC legally obligated to provide factual information?
[Reply]
Donger 11:02 AM 04-08-2021
June 2020

Spoiler!

November 2020

Spoiler!
https://www.abc10.com/article/news/v...3-b4ae6e2a72ad
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:04 AM 04-08-2021
June 2020

Spoiler!

November 2020

Spoiler!
That's not science.
[Reply]
morphius 11:06 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Trusted them enough to get that stimulus check and spend it though.
The gov'ts money is just our money, so a check from them is just giving us our money we earned back. Why wouldn't he spend it?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:08 AM 04-08-2021
Where are the townies from the DC sub to come in here with their anti vaxx nonsense?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:08 AM 04-08-2021
Is the CDC legally obligated to provide factual information?
Wait, what's your theory? I thought we were talking about vaccines.
[Reply]
morphius 11:09 AM 04-08-2021
I have a friend who works in labs on this kind of stuff, was all in on getting the vaccine and then when he saw the limited testing decided to hold off on getting the shots.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:15 AM 04-08-2021
I'm sure the bills will be thrilled about this stance going into the next contract negotiation knowing their star player is a risk to miss multiple weeks for an illness that could have easily been prevented.
[Reply]
-King- 11:35 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm sure the bills will be thrilled about this stance going into the next contract negotiation knowing their star player is a risk to miss multiple weeks for an illness that could have easily been prevented.
There's 0% chance he doesn't end up getting it.
[Reply]
TLO 11:38 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
I have a friend who works in labs on this kind of stuff, was all in on getting the vaccine and then when he saw the limited testing decided to hold off on getting the shots.
I'm not even certain what this means.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up