ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:10 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'd take Herbert out of that group.
I would too...I thought he looked great against KC and it was his first game.

It's really what you look for in a rookie QB...glimpses of "it" with mistakes. He has a really good arm.

Burrow looks solid but has more of a game manager vibe...

I also thought Mariota looked interesting...

Someone said Herbet looked like Cutler...I disagree...Lock looks like Cutler.

Donks are going to, perennially, be a last place team until they get a new QB....and I'm OK with that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Someone said Herbet looked like Cutler...I disagree...Lock looks like Cutler.
It's the uniform. :-)

Cutler played over a decade in the NFL. At this rate, Lock might not get a 2nd contract. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:18 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the uniform. :-)

Cutler played over a decade in the NFL. At this rate, Lock might not get a 2nd contract. :-)
No...I watched every game Cutler played with the Bears. Inaccurate gunslinger with a big arm...takes unnecessary chances. Poor situational game awareness. Has a good game about 1 in 4...a .500 career win total.

Herbert looks very accurate...going to have the rookie NFL TD record.

It's funny...Mahomes starts one game his rookie year....then from game two on...throws 50 TDs in year two. He would own the rookie TD record by a mile if he had started year one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 12-18-2020
No...I watched every game Cutler played with the Bears. Inaccurate gunslinger with a big arm...takes unnecessary chances. Poor situational game awareness.
Sounds a lot like Justin Herbert. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:25 AM 12-18-2020

Burrow looks solid but has more of a game manager vibe...
Lol wut.

It's the complete opposite.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:30 AM 12-18-2020
The Tua over Burrow talk is nuts.

Burrow vs Herbert is a more legitimate discussion, but i don't think people realize that Burrow was the Bengals entire offense. What he was doing pre-injury was completely unlike anything Herbert (and certainly Tua) are doing.

Like i talk about with Mahomes vs Jackson, the degree of difficulty for those 3 guys couldn't be more different.

Burrow was required to carry the team from day 1.

Herbert, they've been trying to hide behind a running game. He wasn't asked to throw every damn down like Burrow. Nor does Burrow have a Hunter Henry, Allen or Williams or a top flight defense.

Tua..TUA? Holy shit that guy barely runs an NFL offense.

The degree of difficulty in what was asked of Burrow vs Tua is night and day. One guy is treated with kiddie gloves and is basically asked to just not fuck up while they run a bunch of roll-outs and dump off passes.

Burrow was asked to be "The Man" from snap 1.

I mean....we're not even talking the same hemisphere here.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:31 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol wut.

It's the complete opposite.
Burrow has an average arm by NFL standards...

If I were starting a NFL team from scratch, I'd roll with Herbet. He's made more impressive throws...6 foot 6...big bodied/mobile...durable.

Burrow looks good...but more methodical in the games I saw. "Methodical", to me, means easier to gameplan against...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:31 AM 12-18-2020
Im simply shocked at the level of disregard for Burrow. I've been high on Herbert since he was drafted. But i mean damn, Burrow was a lock for ROTY until his injury.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:31 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Here's a test, after the games played so far who would you have taken knowing this. Miami took the oft injured Tua over Herbert, and Burrow #1 to the Bengals.

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts
With the benefit of hindsight, Justin would be 1st or 2nd, no question.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:31 AM 12-18-2020

If I were starting a NFL team from scratch, I'd roll with Herbet. He's made more impressive throws...
Totally disagree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 12-18-2020

If I were starting a NFL team from scratch, I'd roll with Herbet. He's made more impressive throws...6 foot 6...big bodied/mobile...durable.
Enamored by the physical gifts and not looking at the big picture.

Burrow is clearly ahead of Herbert.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:38 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Im simply shocked at the level of disregard for Burrow. I've been high on Herbert since he was drafted. But i mean damn, Burrow was a lock for ROTY until his injury.
Burrow's a fucking stud and if people can't see that, they're blind.

Had Burrow gone to any of the teams from say Pick 11-31, he'd have led them not only to the playoffs but at least one playoff win.

It's difficult to believe that he's a rookie.

If Burrow had fallen to the Colts, the Chiefs would be in a tight battle for AFC supremacy over the next decade or more.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Enamored by the physical gifts and not looking at the big picture.

Burrow is clearly ahead of Herbert.
Definitely ahead in terms of reads, pressure and just playing Qb in general.

I agree with Black Op that Herbert has a better arm. Their mobility and size is a wash.

But again, Herbert is simply not asked to do the things Burrow was. And Tua isn't even in the goddamn conversation in terms of what's asked of him. Now, sadly, Burrow will be playing catchup to Herbert next season because of that injury. That sucks for him.

But i mean, damn look at the pass attempts from Burrow and it clearly demonstrates what the Bengals asked of him:

He had games with:

61 Attempts

All while throwing to the corpse of AJ Green.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:42 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Burrow's a ****ing stud and if people can't see that, they're blind.

Had Burrow gone to any of the teams from say Pick 11-31, he'd have led them not only to the playoffs but at least one playoff win.

It's difficult to believe that he's a rookie.

If Burrow had fallen to the Colts, the Chiefs would be in a tight battle for AFC supremacy over the next decade or more.
Depends on what you think his ceiling is...3-4 years down the road.

Herbert could tank out...Burrow could be constantly injured.

Herbert reminds me a little of Josh Allen but more accurate/touch out of the gate..

They both look good...no doubt..but Herbert made more throws that I actually noticed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:44 AM 12-18-2020
61 fucking attempts, man?

Has Mahomes been asked to throw that much, on a bad team on top of that?

We're talking different hemispheres when discussing these guys.

Like i said in the Browns vs Ravens game:

Watching the easy throwing lanes, easy reads, easy 1 v1 man coverage schemes had me laughing. Mahomes NEVER gets to see shit like that.

Stats be damned, the degree of difficulty isn't close to the same.

300 yards from Baker Mayfield is NOTHING like 300 yards from Mahomes in terms of what they had to do to achieve it.

If D's played Mahomes the way they play Mayfield, Mahomes would drop 5-hundo on 'em.

Same logic applies in the Burrow/Herbert/Tua covo.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up