ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 90
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
alanm 11:15 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Lawrence has an eminently punchable face.
That's IT!! That's what bothers me about the guy! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Basically in a 20 year period Lawrence would go 1 17 or 18 times, that gets generational hype.
But “generational” implies that the talent itself is.

It’s not.

He’d go #1 most years because he’s so safe, not because he has generational talent. There’s a clear difference.

Chase Young and Penei Sewell are generational talents at their respective positions.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:16 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
There are many who disagree with your assessment.
I somehow doubt they would if he didn’t have the good fortune of playing for Clemson all these years.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 PM 01-01-2021
Also as a team picking first. He's what you want, the odds he's Trubisky are extremely low.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I somehow doubt they would if he didn’t have the good fortune of playing for Clemson all these years.
So you don't like QBs that play for good teams, just draft from the bad ones.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:17 PM 01-01-2021
**** Ohio State, Roll Tide.

[Reply]
srvy 11:21 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What is asinine? You think Allen and mahomes were anything close to #1 pick prospects? Mahomes became a generational player. He wasn't a generational prospect because he was a big risk. I love the guy but I'm not going to pretend he was remotely close to the prospect Trevor Lawrence was prior to the draft.
Who are these experts that label generational talent. That gets thrown out there from dumbasses that have no idea what kind of talent is at Clemson's LSU and Alabamas out there. Mahomes was highly thought of as a talent who needed a lot of work with a gunslinger mentality. He went to TT he had to be a gunslinger there. The one thing scout missed as he had all the talent in the world and was very coachable. I wish I had 100 bucks for every once in a lifetime cant miss a generational QB who turned out average at best to bust.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:22 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s obvious to anybody that can think for themselves.

This is a perfect example of how groupthink works.
Yet you consider Sewell the #2 overall prospect. Why is that? Have you watched all his games or are you basing it off the group think that says he's the #2 overall prospect?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:23 PM 01-01-2021
And here's where things change a prospect ranking and what they become isn't the same.

Tom Brady was a shit prospect..
Sure. It's important to differentiate generational prospect and player. Is there any doubt he's the highest floor prospect since Andrew luck (although it's fair to put burrow in that discussion). No doubt he's a very elite qb draft prospect of this generation.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:24 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Would Burrow have gone #1 had he not played on a stacked LSU team?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 PM 01-01-2021
Yet you consider Sewell the #2 overall prospect. Why is that? Have you watched all his games or are you basing it off the group think that says he's the #2 overall prospect?
Sewell is a very good LT prospect...

For that other comment, if you watched Mahomes college tape for 30 seconds and didn't see that his footwork needed to be overhauled, I don't know what you were watching.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 PM 01-01-2021
Would Burrow have gone #1 had he not played on a stacked LSU team?
Probably not since he was buried on Ohio States depth chart...
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 PM 01-01-2021
Umm because I watch prospects and do my own homework.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:29 PM 01-01-2021
Sewell is a very good LT prospect...

For that other comment, if you watched Mahomes college tape for 30 seconds and didn't see that his footwork needed to be overhauled, I don't know what you were watching.
My point is about group think. He rails on others who think highly of Lawrence based off group think and yet is probably doing the same thing in regards to Sewell. It's not an indictment on Sewell's talent.

In regards to your other point I have no clue what you are referring to.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 PM 01-01-2021
This draft has some real high end talents we haven't seen in awhile.

Lawrence, Sewell, Chase are all very top end guys.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 90
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Up