ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2893 of 3903
« First < 1893239327932843288328892890289128922893 289428952896289729032943299333933893 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
chinaski 10:34 AM 08-23-2020
One of my wife's clients lost her husband to Covid a few days ago. I don't know his medical background, but he was in his late 30's. The pictures I saw of him he looked fairly obese as well.
[Reply]
TLO 10:35 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m guessing monoclonal had a breakthrough
I'm really hoping this is the case. I don't want it to just be "covelesant plasma is now FDA approved" or something like that.
[Reply]
Donger 10:36 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Trump supposedly gonna reveal a coronavirus 'breakthrough' therapeutic tonight.
Oleandrin?
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
One of my wife's clients lost her husband to Covid a few days ago. I don't know his medical background, but he was in his late 30's. The pictures I saw of him he looked fairly obese as well.
I think that’s a problem that we haven’t really talked about

Obesity is so hard on your body already
[Reply]
TLO 10:51 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Oleandrin?
Seaweed.
[Reply]
eDave 11:24 AM 08-23-2020
Trump supposedly gonna reveal a coronavirus 'breakthrough' therapeutic tonight.
Study up on what lead to this.
[Reply]
Donger 11:43 AM 08-23-2020
ROME, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Italy's health ministry on Saturday reported 1,071 new coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours, exceeding 1,000 cases in a day for the first time since May when the government eased rigid lockdown measures.

Italy, one of Europe's worst-hit countries with more than 35,000 deaths, has managed to contain the outbreak after a peak in deaths and cases between March and April.

However, it has seen a steady increase in infections over the last month, with experts blaming holidays and night life for causing people to gather in numbers.

The country last recorded a higher figure on May 12, when 1,402 cases were reported, six days before restaurants, bars and shops were allowed to reopen after a 10-week lockdown.

Despite the rise in infections, daily death tallies remain low and are often in single figures. Saturday saw just three fatalities, compared to nine on Friday and six on Thursday, health ministry data showed.

The number of new infections remains considerably lower than those registered in Spain and France.

On Saturday, Lazio, around Rome, was the Italian region to see the largest number of new cases, with 215. Of these, around 60% were people returning from holidays in other parts of Italy and abroad, the region's health chief said.

The northern regions of Lombardy and Veneto, where Italy's epidemic first came to light on Feb. 21, saw 185 and 160 new cases respectively.

Italy has taken countermeasures to try to stem the recent uptrend, shutting down clubs and discos and making it compulsory to wear a mask at night in outdoor public spaces.

Travellers from several non-EU countries have been banned from entering Italy, with restrictions and testing obligations imposed on people returning from hard-hit European countries.
[Reply]
Donger 11:44 AM 08-23-2020
Seoul (AFP)

South Korea reported its highest daily number of coronavirus cases since early March on Sunday as authorities warned the country was "on the brink of a nationwide pandemic" and tightened social distancing rules.

The majority of the 397 new infections were in the greater Seoul region -- home to half the country's 51 million people, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Authorities warned of tougher social distancing rules, which may include closing schools and businesses, if the number of new cases continues to grow at a fast pace after South Korea had largely brought its earlier outbreak under control.

"The situation is very grave and serious as we are on the brink of a nationwide pandemic," KCDC chief Jung Eun-kyeong told reporters.

"Please stay home if possible," Jung said, adding the number of infections has not peaked yet.

Virus curbs were tightened in the Seoul region last week and were further expanded to the rest of the country on Sunday.

The measures include restrictions on large gatherings such as religious services and the closing of nightclubs, karaoke bars and cyber cafes.

All beaches have also been closed.

The Seoul Metropolitan Government said Sunday that face masks would be mandatory for indoor and crowded outdoor areas in the capital from midnight.

South Korea has reported a total of 17,399 coronavirus infections with 309 deaths.

The country endured one of the worst early outbreaks outside mainland China but brought it broadly under control with extensive tracing and testing while never imposing the kind of lockdowns ordered in much of Europe and other parts of the world.

South Korea has been seen as a model on how to combat the pandemic with the public largely following safety health measures such as face masks.

It even started allowing limited numbers of spectators at sports events in July -- which was reversed for the greater Seoul area last week and nationwide from Sunday.
[Reply]
TLO 11:52 AM 08-23-2020
Nah man, these countries "took the virus seriously" and "crushed it". I was also told it was unlikely there would be a resurgence in these areas.
[Reply]
Donger 11:54 AM 08-23-2020
Nah man, these countries "took the virus seriously" and "crushed it". I was also told it was unlikely there would be a resurgence in these areas.
Compared to us, they did. Still are, relatively.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:04 PM 08-23-2020
They did take it seriously and SK did crush it. Looks like they're going to do it again.
[Reply]
O.city 12:12 PM 08-23-2020
Lockdowns and such are temporary measures. They aren't long term solutions. Areas not hit hard will be susceptible as they have no immunity breaks.

There isn't a path to elimination of this anymore. At this point, you're mitigating to hold infections down so hospitals dont' over whelm.
[Reply]
O.city 12:12 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
They did take it seriously and SK did crush it. Looks like they're going to do it again.
If they crushed it, so did Arizona no?
[Reply]
Donger 12:20 PM 08-23-2020
Lockdowns and such are temporary measures. They aren't long term solutions. Areas not hit hard will be susceptible as they have no immunity breaks.

There isn't a path to elimination of this anymore. At this point, you're mitigating to hold infections down so hospitals dont' over whelm.
I think it was you who mentioned the northern part of Italy getting hit hardest early and asking if they had seen an increase recently. If so, it looks like they have (again relatively).
[Reply]
stumppy 12:20 PM 08-23-2020
If they crushed it, so did Arizona no?
Don't think Arizona did. SK had around 17,000 cases, 300 deaths and about 300 cases per 1,000,000.
If you think Arizona "crushed" it I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
Page 2893 of 3903
« First < 1893239327932843288328892890289128922893 289428952896289729032943299333933893 > Last »
Up